No Holds Barred Thread - Post Anything That Is On Your Mind, Even the Politically Incorrect!

Ace Nova

9 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Modern day feminists(the ones that are a living caricature of the negative man-hating stereotype) are the female equivalent of Incels. :lol:

The inordinate amount of focus on said caricatures is intriguing to me.  I'm not speaking about you, I mean in our culture generally.  It seems like every video on youtube is like TRIGGER FEMINIST etc etc.  One might think that there a concerted effort going on, whether concious or otherwise, to take the legs out of the issue by framing them as a bunch of cartoon nutcases shouting to themselves about nothing in particular.  It extends even to like, television shows and such, they always to bring on guests doing some kind of weird work to be patronised by Piers Morgan on national television to paint this picture of feminists as nutcases.  And oh yeah, align them with the extreme left, once you've done that job you've effectively alienated them from a huge chunk of the population. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Makes you sick, doesn't it mate? The seething stupidity. It's like watching people petrified and turned into crystalized weakness.

I hate political correctness so much. The audacity of these irritating, tepid, low IQ husks is baffling. I feel like all the normal sane ones should realise feminism doesn't mean what it used to in the West and distance themselves from it. Proper good/normal feminism, equal rights etc has been achieved in the West, meaning the vast, vast majority agrees with it and thinks that way(myself included). It's already been achieved to the point that it's patronizing and agonizingly boring to be lectured about it. That would be bad enough. But they(the retarded ones) also pile on the bullshit stuff and they do all this because the fight is over(in the West) but they want to be a victim and get attention like the women(who actually were victims and deserved/earned the attention)that they learn about in their women's studies bubbles they exist in.

When it comes down to it; name one attractive rabid feminist? The crazy ones are always foul beasts no one(except maybe the most very desperate white knighting beta male types) would ever dream of touching(who ironically the foul beasts don't want lol). And deep down they know this and so they're even more angry and outraged (like pathetic Incels). A once noble moral movement for rights has been commandeered, bastardized and zombified into a miserable toxic slog.

@Len Cnut the rant I'm having is based on my personal experiences with this crazy type, who yes as you rightly point out is definitely the vocal minority.

It might sound silly, but I do understand the point of fireman vs firefighter. You shouldn't underestimate the power of words. I can totally imagine a kid thinking only men become firefighters based on the word fireman. It works both ways. Think about the word midwife. I think having a gender neutral word for jobs can only be a good thing. I don't really mind about doctor or director or whatever. I know they're masculine words, but they can just as well be used for women imo. But if you have a word ending in -man or -wife, it's easy to see they won't be associated with the other gender.

Also, it's a myth to think true equality has been achieved. Caricatures are doing feminism more bad than good, but just because they're fools doesn't mean there's nothing to fight for or guard anymore.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

Also, it's a myth to think true equality has been achieved

Its worse than a myth, its often wilfull ignorance.  And its almost always framed with the 'y'know what, you're better off than the women of Saudi Arabia so get some perspective', oh, well, thats great then, lets never point out any injustice ever because hey, it could be worse, we could be in fuckin' Treblinka being led to the showers.

• Like 3

How is 'doctor' and 'director' masculine?

For the sake of argument here, not necessarily saying this is my way of thinking, wasn't doctor traditionally a bloke?  Wasn't the counterpoint to doctor nurse?  Its only later right that birds have become doctors?  And director, hmmm...directress? :lol: 

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If feminists are offended by Peppa Pig and Fireman Sam they probably need counseling. 

I'm fuckin' offended by Peppa Pig because every fuckin' kid in my fuckin' family plays that fuckin' shit on their little fuckin' ipad things until I wanna smash em against the fuckin' wall.  The ipad I mean, not the kids.  Well, maybe that little goofy lookin' kid of one of my cousins.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

There are zero people interviewed who are identified as feminists, though are there? The London Fire Commissioner gives most of the quotes. Its obviously the job of the Commissioner and the larger London Fire Brigade to work to ensure that they have all the best chances of cultivating a great incoming generation of Fire Fighters.

The London Fire Brigade summed up its position when it tweeted:

‘If you respect our work, then get our name right,’ 

^^^ shouldn't really sound any alarms, should it? 

Its made out to be as if the Commissioner was calling for massive bra burnings in Piccadilly Circus. :lol:

Edited by soon
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Lio, you're supposed to be crazy so I can keep ranting. :lol:

To be fair I have been "triggered" by a culmination of things like my mum being ranted at by one of these stupid pigs. I'm talking angrily in response to a multitude of things not just this 'fireman vs firefighter' thing, which to me is yes silly and pedantic. If these words are to be considered though it should be done without the entitled smuggery seen in that article. And I have to say, what's in a word? If my nieces want to be firefighters then I will tell them to go for it and they must work hard and if anyone were to tell them they can't when they actually can those people are moronic cunts and if I were there at the time I'd deal with them tbh.

How is 'doctor' and 'director' masculine?

I definitely agree there's always rights and stuff to nurture, maintain and guard. But what equality, in the West, still needs achieving?

The thing is if your nieces use the word 'fireman', they will, even unconsciously, think it's a male business only, so they will never aspire to become firemen. In the way they'll never aspire to be a prince or king. It's not about someone telling them they can't become one.

Doctor and director are masculine words, that's just the way it is. The Latin male ending is -tor, feminine is -trix.

In Italian, for instance, you have dottore-dottoressa, professore-professoressa, direttore-direttrice. In Dutch we have nothing feminine for dokter and professor, but we do have directrice.

In France, last month l'Académie de France (age old institution deciding on everything to do with language) has voted in favour of a féminisation of noms de métier. So they'll allow a feminine version of a professional word like chef, auteur... That is personally something I do not care about, because as you demonstrate, people don't even realize the words are masculine :lol: But in France it seems like a bit of a revolution, as the Académie had always said no to that in the past. Now the next step is to find a suitable feminine version of the word.

• Like 1

''Firefighter'' has been the official job nomenclature in most countries for years. Fireman Sam is a Fireman because, a/ it is an animated children's television show, and b/ it is supposed to be a bit old-fashioned and ''twee''. Quite frankly I would be worried about the state of feminism if this is what concerns them! 

Edited by DieselDaisy

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

I agree with you in the context of Fireman Sam. But @Lio has sort of convinced me otherwise for real world situations; maybe. I'll have a 3hour meeting about it back at Patriarchy HQ at least.

Isn't it an obsolete issue for ''real world situations''. They've been called Firefighters for ages.

8 hours ago, Lio said:

In France, last month l'Académie de France (age old institution deciding on everything to do with language) has voted in favour of a féminisation of noms de métier. So they'll allow a feminine version of a professional word like chef, auteur... That is personally something I do not care about, because as you demonstrate, people don't even realize the words are masculine :lol: But in France it seems like a bit of a revolution, as the Académie had always said no to that in the past. Now the next step is to find a suitable feminine version of the word.

This is interesting, I didn't know. Thanks for informing us :)...... because, something kind of similar is happening with Spanish language right now. Our language has that flaw of masculine/feminine words, even for objects :facepalm: and that's why it becomes so difficult to learn for some people, so in an effort to make the Spanish language more inclusive and less patriarchal, some people have started to change the suffix of some words, to make them gender neutral.

Obviously, the majority of people still don't use this new form of the language and more over so, The Royal Spanish Academy does not accept it or validates it (and I think we are very far from it yet) but it is a practice that's become more common in the last couple years, especially among young people, which tells me that in the following decades there will probably be a revolution of Spanish language and the inclusive form will be, at least, an alternative to the norm.

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Firefighter'' has been the official job nomenclature in most countries for years. Fireman Sam is a Fireman because, a/ it is an animated children's television show, and b/ it is supposed to be a bit old-fashioned and ''twee''. Quite frankly I would be worried about the state of feminism if this is what concerns them! 

What makes you think this subject is at the top of priorities for Feminism? :question:

First of all, Feminism is a social movement, not a political party. It doesn't have one only world leader who dictates what is the agenda to follow. Thus, even though there is a common fight for most feminists, the priorities of the fight are usually connected to the needs of a given society. Like, the feminists from some European countries do not have the same agenda than the ones in Latinamerica or North America.

Generalization is not the best way to talk about Feminism. Also because there are many different branches within the movement. However, you can say there is a common motivation for all of us, and that is to achieve levels of equality in the areas where there's still a gap, or to get some rights which are specific for women's needs, i.e., abortion.

Also, I think that each person can join the "fight" from whatever place they occupy in society. Not all of us can go marching on the streets every time there is a feminist protest, or maybe some of us do not identify with certain protest methods or certain approaches to some problems, but we all can contribute or do something for the cause.

Maybe the people who work in the observatory of media, in charge of controlling what the kids are watching or what kind of content you get in your television, thought it was important to raise an alert on these cartoons. That's their job, you know? But I don't see how this can be interpreted as THE TOP ISSUE of Feminism in the whole world. Obviously, it is sort of a "minor" one (compared to other problems women have to face) but it is not something bad either, to raise awareness in areas where sexism is deeply ingrown.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 6:29 AM, Oldest Goat said:

Makes you sick, doesn't it mate? The seething stupidity. It's like watching people petrified and turned into crystalized weakness.

I hate political correctness so much. The audacity of these irritating, tepid, low IQ husks is baffling. I feel like all the normal sane ones should realise feminism doesn't mean what it used to in the West and distance themselves from it. Proper good/normal feminism, equal rights etc has been achieved in the West, meaning the vast, vast majority agrees with it and thinks that way(myself included). It's already been achieved to the point that it's patronizing and agonizingly boring to be lectured about it. That would be bad enough. But they(the retarded ones) also pile on the bullshit stuff and they do all this because the fight is over(in the West) but they want to be a victim and get attention like the women(who actually were victims and deserved/earned the attention)that they learn about in their women's studies bubbles they exist in.

When it comes down to it; name one attractive rabid feminist? The crazy ones are always foul beasts no one(except maybe the most very desperate white knighting beta male types) would ever dream of touching(who ironically the foul beasts don't want lol). And deep down they know this and so they're even more angry and outraged (like pathetic Incels). A once noble moral movement for rights has been commandeered, bastardized and zombified into a miserable toxic slog.

@Len Cnut the rant I'm having is based on my personal experiences with this crazy type, who yes as you rightly point out is definitely the vocal minority.

P.S. Piers Morgan is a total cunt and doesn't get any brownie points from me for stating the obvious.

I kind of get the fireman vs. firefighter thing. It's the same as actor vs. actress, waiter vs. waitress, host vs. hostess - there are no reasons for those secondary words to exist other than to at best separate the genders (unnecessarily) and at worst build a gender hierarchy. Even the argument that they derive from Greek/Latin or Middle English or whatever, isn't really good enough. There is some historical reasoning for actor vs. actress, but those reasons are void in 2019 and I see no etymological reason for waitress or hostess.

I believe film/TV awards should get rid of the gender separation and have two categories for acting, Best Lead and Best Support. Is there a good reason why we should judge the quality of one's acting within the context of their gender? I'm not expert on acting, but I don't see any reason.

Fair/equal treatment for women is in a much better place now than pretty much any point in history, but saying the work is done is quite premature. I'm glad to see as I read more of the thread you're revising your stance a bit.

2019 is still reeling from #MeToo and IMO, it's only within the last 10 years or so that people are starting to realize we may not be as progressive as we like to pretend to be with our advanced tech and centuries worth of history. And people are acting on that realization. The world is still an incredibly unfair place to varying degrees for many people depending where/who you are. I'd agree some people go overboard and extreme, but that happens with any social movement. But when white men complain feminism goes too far, I laugh.

I've brought this up to friends of mine and I've been met with anger and frustration and I expect other males to echo similar sentiments. But that kind of lends itself to my point. If the notion of people campaigning for fairer/equal treatment upsets you, isn't that a bit of a sign something isn't working correctly?

I have seen comments from posters on this forum that I find to be a bit objectifying and verging on that "locker room talk" line Donald Trump used. If I had to guess, some of the women on this forum are on occasion made uncomfortable by these comments, though I assume they are used to it since the behavior is of course not reserved to an internet forum. Personally, I tend to have a higher than normal standard for what I find to be 'appropriate discussion' in a public or even private venue, so maybe it's just me. And I don't think men are uniquely guilty of this, women can be too. But it's mostly coming from the male side IMO. And I don't think that makes anyone a bad person necessarily, I just think centuries of an unfair social structure have been ingrained in our behaviors.

Perhaps this is just my personal weirdness and misanthropy, but I feel people in a very general sense aren't understanding that the gender dynamic millennia of history has built maybe isn't the fairest way to do things. And plenty of women buy into that as well, it's sad that some women I've met genuinely believe they're inferior to men and they were all too happy to explain why they believe that.

• GNFNR 1

42 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

I have seen comments from posters on this forum that I find to be a bit objectifying and verging on that "locker room talk" line Donald Trump used. If I had to guess, some of the women on this forum are on occasion made uncomfortable by these comments, though I assume they are used to it since the behavior is of course not reserved to an internet forum.

Not only objectifying comments but degrading and insulting ones where some men attack the female fans on a very personal level. Really fucked up and creepy.

Thats the reason why many female posters who were pretty active on the forum stopped posting or post less often.

Im not sure we are used to the mistreatment, obviously it is something very common in the outside world, but the written word has a different effect on you, especially when it happens in a place where you come to, supposedly, to have a good time, not to get insulted.

• Like 1

On 24/03/2019 at 9:29 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Also, isn't Fireman Sam a bloke, I mean its not short for Samatha is it, what do you want the cunt to be called? :lol: