No Holds Barred Thread - Post Anything That Is On Your Mind, Even the Politically Incorrect!

Ace Nova

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I know you know what I'm talking about.  Take us two, you call me all kindsa shit and I do the same, its all bullshit though innit I mean, I think you're alright, I don't mean no harm or nothing and I think you know that, its just a bit of a giggle, now how shite would it be if you were like 'how dare you call me xxx' and I go 'how dare you call me xxx', we could easily choose to be offended here, you don't know me and I don't know you but reasonably secure well adjusted human beings, to my mind at least, don't give a fuck.  Sticks and stones etc, I mean thats like rudimentary stuff isn't it, they teach you that in nursery.

Yeah, but that's bantering between guys who love each other. I am talking about vile, destructive shit meant to hurt and derail. 

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah, but that's bantering between guys who love each other. I am talking about vile, destructive shit meant to hurt and derail. 

Right but if you or I was to interpret it as vile and destructive then thats like...empowering it and making it vile and destructive.  A lot of it is to do with how you handle it.  At least I think so anyway.

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Right but if you or I was to interpret it as vile and destructive then thats like...empowering it and making it vile and destructive.  A lot of it is to do with how you handle it.  At least I think so anyway.

Yes, sure. We should all be better at handling stuff. I am a great believer in the concept that nothing no one ever says can truly hurt me. But most people aren't like that, though. 

Let's say someone here started throwing sexist remarks to a female member, just vile aggressive things, then I would expect people to speak up. To take a stance saying that is not okay. To clearly tell the shit to shut the fuck up. Because it isn't okay. And it shouldn't be. Not everybody is strong and able to both handle such insults, or able to "give back", like you and me. And societal norms aren't meant to protect the strong (or those who are more callous or hardened), but to protect the weak. Just imagine some piece of shit yelling obscenities to your little niece, wouldn't you be happy if some bystanders reacted and made that shit shut up by giving back or defending her (again, just through words)? That is society reacting to breaches of established norms.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, sure. We should all be better at handling stuff. I am a great believer in the concept that nothing no one ever says can truly hurt me. But most people aren't like that, though. 

Let's say someone here started throwing sexist remarks to a female member, just vile aggressive things, then I would expect people to speak up. To take a stance saying that is not okay. To clearly tell the shit to shut the fuck up. Because it isn't okay. And it shouldn't be. Not everybody is strong and able to both handle such insults, or able to "give back", like you and me. And societal norms aren't meant to protect the strong (or those who are more callous or hardened), but to protect the weak. Just imagine some piece of shit yelling obscenities to your little niece, wouldn't you be happy if some bystanders reacted and made that shit shut up by giving back or defending her (again, just through words)? That is society reacting to breaches of established norms.

That I agree with, it comes back to responsibility for what you say, like I was saying about Axl and One in a Million, say what you like but you can't then hold it against people for their reactions, thats part of the risk you take when saying highly objectionable shit, I just don't agree with this kinda unspoken cultural legislation because it ends up becoming this blanket thing...eventually you get to a point where, for example, white writers like Quentin Tarantino catch a load of heat because his characters use the n word and how dare a white writer write characters who use that word.  Thats just one offhand example of how these notions get out of hand, there are plenty of others.

Edited by Len Cnut

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't know. I guess discriminating against people based on how they look, whether that is their BMI, handicaps, color of their skin, etc, is something we are better off without. I see no value in it. 

What if you just tease them and don't discriminate as such? :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Dazey said:

What if you just tease them and don't discriminate as such? :lol: 

Just fuckin' have the lot of em, see, this lads got the spirit, it don't have to be some...awful...resentful thing if I wanna call him a big fat white roly poly pudding, its just...I dunno, its not anything, its the equivalent of...flicking someones ear or shoulder nudging them as you walk by :lol:  It'd be sad to lose that in the name of trying to create this allegedly wonderful respectful society where everyones extra sensitive and kind, which actually just means very biege. 

41 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am sooo bad at bantering. I always feel a pang of guilt (except when with Lenny, then strangely it always feels inadequate) and it always comes off to me as more menacing than playful :lol:

Reminds me of this line I used to often hear from my old man.  Whenever I was the exception to a rule, any rule, like, I dunno 'no one can eat bitter gourd, its terrible' and someone, or me, went 'Len can' his response was always (and often still is) 'he's not a person' :lol:  It flows a lot more in the native tongue in which it was spoken, it translate roughly as 'he's not a human being', which almost sounds complimentary in English but it means you're a creature/a sub-species :lol:  Cheers Dad!

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

That I agree with, it comes back to responsibility for what you say, like I was saying about Axl and One in a Million, say what you like but you can't then hold it against people for their reactions, thats part of the risk you take when saying highly objectionable shit, I just don't agree with this kinda unspoken cultural legislation because it ends up becoming this blanket thing...eventually you get to a point where, for example, white writers like Quentin Tarantino catch a load of heat because his characters use the n word and how dare a white writer write characters who use that word.  Thats just one offhand example of how these notions get out of hand, there are plenty of others.

I try to teach my daughters that words aren't dangerous, it is the intent behind that we should look out for. Words are just carriers of intent and messages. Don't fear or blame the words. So swearing isn't necessarily bad, it is the intent behind that could potentially be bad. Granted, this is a little bit more complex than just saying swearing is bad, or just "outlawing" certain words.

So bantering between friends isn't necessarily bad because such bantering is, I suppose, inherently a good-natured thing. And using the word "n1gger" in a movie dialogue is also not necessarily bad. And so on. Basically I am just trying to teach my kids to use their brains and go for intent rather than knee-jerk reactions when faced with words and expressions. That's why I also dislike this forum's censoring practise, although I do understand it is a efficient moderating tool.

All this being said, some words are powerful alone even when the intent is not considered. And I suppose to especially Americans, "n1gger" is one such word, because it automatically evokes all kinds of stuff. Which is unfortunate but probably unavoidable due to its place in history. So I try to teach my kids this too, that even if we should look for intents some words should be used with a lot of care and consideration, regardless.

And I suppose to especially Americans, "n1gger" is one such word

In England too, make no mistake about that.  You know whats weird though?  There are words that occupy just as much of a raw position in history yet now are getting thrown around in America, even among black Americans, for example the term coon, which is highly offensive, as offensive as n!gger, with just as much history and its used in the derogatory sense too, you hear it all the time now amongst black Americans, there's no reclaiming of the term going on, its used in almost exactly the same way as racists use it, such and such person is cooning i.e. sucking up to white society or embodying the archetype of the pure meaning of the world n!gger as a racist might use it.  Its such a weird thing, there was a time you would get your teeth broken for using that term, you still would in England anyway, to any black man I ever knew, regardless of whether it was a black man saying it.

It sort of lends credence to the idea that we empower these words a great deal, there's a...I dunno, an inconsistency there that to me is food for thought.  Its kinda worrying because it suggests a...sort of agreement with the racists in effect.  Language is a curious thing.   

there is not, nor was there ever, anyone alive who didnt discriminate in real life. Discrimination in this sense, is defined as "opposing the other side in any way". This can take the form of censorship, firing of people, banning, ridiculing, ganging up to or in the worst case: physical abuse.

In this sense, right wing people discriminate against left wing people. Left wing people discriminate against right wing people. Both camps see themselves as "messenger of truth" and feel the need to, at least, censor the other camp.

Like litterally, is there anyone you can think of, that is a socially active person, that would "not" discriminate the opposing group? "opposition" is baked in our society. You're not elected, then you're in the "opposition".

Within the group of left wing people, it is socially "accepted" that you oppose (discriminate) right wing people. Within the group of right wing people, it is socially "accepted" that you oppose (discriminate) left wing people.

I have yet to meet the first person of a certain group, that would not discriminate / ridicule / in other ways talk bad of an opposing group.

The worst offenders, are the biggest defenders of their own group. They who shout the loudest, are the most annoying ones and the biggest discriminators of other groups.

People who shout out loud their opinion, annoy me. By the mere act of shouting, they are already oppressing the opposing side. It's a passive agressive tactic to oppress different views.

Moderate people, people who watch it all and think their own of it, and go back to their problems, those are the good ones. I'm a big fan of those people. Give them all a medal I say. Why is it so hard to shut up, let other people be, and mind your own fucking business? If the world was full of those people, there would litterally not be any wars.

Edited by action

there are these people who "fight" for equal rights, and they do it very fanatically.... but the more fanatically they become the more they are discriminating against other people.

The more rights "they" accumulate over their actions, the more rights are taken away from others, by equivalent.

If one group gets "more" of something, compared to a previous moment, then another group has to get "less" of that something.

An example is "the right not to be offended". If such a right is enforced "more", then the right to "freedom of speech" is becoming "less".

Because that is the goal of the "fight for the good cause": to change how things are, to change the balance between two conflicting rights: the right not to be offended and the right to freedom of speech. More of one, means less of the other. for example: by censorship. But censorship is discrimination in and of itself. It's not "equal rights" for everyone: it's "equal rights" for their own.

By fighting for "equal rights" they are effectively limiting the rights of others. That's not fighting for equal rights: it's fighting for discrimination.

Edited by action

33 minutes ago, action said:

In this sense, right wing people discriminate against left wing people. Left wing people discriminate against right wing people. Both camps see themselves as "messenger of truth" and feel the need to, at least, censor the other camp.

Like litterally, is there anyone you can think of, that is a socially active person, that would "not" discriminate the opposing group? "opposition" is baked in our society. You're not elected, then you're in the "opposition".

Within the group of left wing people, it is socially "accepted" that you oppose (discriminate) right wing people. Within the group of right wing people, it is socially "accepted" that you oppose (discriminate) left wing people.

Well, you might just be the most opinionated "moderate" Ive ever encountered. :lol:

If they are in the wrong for the singular judgment of one another, then are you not at fault of this twice (supposing these monolithic caricatures were accurate)? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, action said:

By fighting for "equal rights" they are effectively limiting the rights of others. That's not fighting for equal rights: it's fighting for discrimination.

Poor white people!! All of a sudden they had to learn how to clean their own asses and raise their kids by themselves. 

So unfair they were robbed of that by the black ones :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Some twat emails asking to book a job in for the end of May I told then they need to wait until closer to the time .

They email back a day later asking the same thing.

CUNT!!!

Sounds like you should have been more specific :lol: