Duff interview: New music is a logical thing- No beef with Izzy

42 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't see any lack of logic in this. They had to find someone for the tour at short notice, but that didn't mean that they wanted to write with him (Axl actually had decided; he didn't want to).

The logical decision would be to recruit a permanent replacement, not somebody who turned out to be provisional.

2 hours ago, RONIN said:

"This makeup of this band is what it's supposed to be now and it's really good, it feels good, and it's the right mixture of people."

So we finally get some statement on the post-NITL band. Izzy/Steven will probably never be involved with the band again and we're stuck with the current lineup. Brilliant.

Let me run the last part of that quote through Google Translate -

"...and it feels really good to make lots of money again, and it's the right mixture of people because Izzy ain' getting a cut of "SLAXDUFFL" money!

9bb0a3b1cb26bc09de21d61e61c37241.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"I contact with Izzy", "writing new material on different fronts", etc

The first thing I thought when I heard this was Duff and Izzy are writing material for GnR!!!

IMO they want Izzy in the collective fold. They want Izzy there for the writing and creating process.

Axl, Slash, and Duff all know having Izzy around to help create music will only be beneficial. Izzy and the guys bouncing ideas off one another will get the GnR juices flowing! Axl, Slash, and Duff can write good music, but having Izzy there will help them write GREAT music!!!

At this point if they did want Izzy to write for them it might make for some interesting negotiations. If Izzy is as much about the loot as many of us think (like they all are) then he'd be in a position to demand new percentages on their back catalogue, an advance on new album sales, a retainer, a lump sum per song thats green lit, and a big percentage on the new tracks. Things that big time Country and Pop songwriters deal in, plus some excess because its Guns. I don't think they'd come to terms if that were to transpire, honestly.

• Like 1

I think they'll come with a new album. It's gonna be produced by Rick Rubin and it's gonna be like Death Magnetic by Metallica. It will try to recreate original sound and it will be mediocre with an odd brilliant moment cause they're still Axl/Slash/Duff after all

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I think they'll come a new album. It's gonna be produced by Rick Rubin and it's gonna be like Death Magnetic by Metallica. It will try to recreate original sound and it will be mediocre with an odd brilliant moment cause they're still Axl/Slash/Duff after all

I hate St Anger, but I think I'd rather hear GnR's "St. Anger" than their "Death Magnetic"! :lol: Their therapy-album should be interesting. 

7 minutes ago, username said:

I hate St Anger, but I think I'd rather hear GnR's "St. Anger" than their "Death Magnetic"! :lol: Their therapy-album should be interesting. 

Still can't believe St. Anger got approved and released. Like, what the actual fuck was that :lol:

Now serious. I really think there will be a new album cause it's too much money on the table with it and I really fear it's gonna be like DM

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

I think they'll come with a new album. It's gonna be produced by Rick Rubin and it's gonna be like Death Magnetic by Metallica. It will try to recreate original sound and it will be mediocre with an odd brilliant moment cause they're still Axl/Slash/Duff after all

Rick did a great job with Black Sabbaths 13 tho. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I don't follow his work so I can't say anything about it. All I know is that 13 is extremely well produced. Regardless of his other work.

"The Rick Rubin of today is a thin, thin, thin shadow of the Rick Rubin that he was. He is overrated, he is overpaid, and I will never work with him again as long as I fucking live." - Corey Taylor 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/slipknot-120-1273040

5 hours ago, brad_k said:

I remember seeing ages ago that AC/DC didn't enjoy working with Rubin

that must explain why ballbreaker is the last acdc album that is worth listening with good and even great songs on it

everything that followed is subpar music similar to those 80s albums where you had to listen to an entire album to find one half-good song!

5 hours ago, Sosso said:

"The Rick Rubin of today is a thin, thin, thin shadow of the Rick Rubin that he was. He is overrated, he is overpaid, and I will never work with him again as long as I fucking live." - Corey Taylor 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/slipknot-120-1273040

has Corey Taylor ever written one good song in his life?

can someone here that is familiar with his music to point me in that direction?

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

has Corey Taylor ever written one good song in his life?

can someone here that is familiar with his music to point me in that direction?

Honestly, who beside hardcore Corey Taylor fans give a fat rats ass what he has to say.

Do you know what Noodles from Offspring said about a new GnR album?  Me either, because I don't give a fuck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1.10.2018 at 7:44 AM, DeadSlash said:

Honestly, who beside hardcore Corey Taylor fans give a fat rats ass what he has to say.

Hardcore Corey Taylor fans AND people who make Corey Taylor -memes:  

Spoiler

Kuvahaun tulos haulle what does corey taylor think about it

What does Corey Taylor think

BUT-WHAT-DOES-COREY-TAYLOR-THINK-batman-shirt-956x515.jpg

but_what_does_corey_taylor_think-696x449.jpg

The speculation about Izzy being involved with writing in the future... feels like wishful thinking to me, whether they have a beef with him or not. Getting a new album in the first place is highly uncertain.. let alone this scenario: " Hi Izzy, we didn't want to pay you what you asked for the tour, but could you help us to make more money and write songs with us for new album?"   Seems pretty ridiculous :lol: 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Haha 2