Guns N' Roses 2019 Plans?

Well, to predict what 2019 will be, let's check the facts:
1. "World on Fire" tour lasted aprx. 20 months, from July 2014 to November 2015 with visiting Australia, South America, North America (x2) & Europe (twice). If "Living The Dream Tour" wil go the same way, it'll end somewhere in Spring 2020 at the worst case. Maybe this time around the tour will be a bit shorter or "tighter" or less consistent as Slash has some Guns N' Roses obligations. So, probably The Top Hat guy will be fully free by the end of 2019.

2. In conversation with a fan this summer Beta said, that Guns are about to return in Europe next year, but Fernando said they won't. So, the truth is somewhere between - they may come back in 2019 for a couple shows to keep band fitness, for example to attend summer festivals. However, excluding Rock in Rio and several other shows, South America is the only major market, they didn't attent twice during NITL (apart from Australia) and probably Fernando will prefer to visit his homeland, rather than Europe, if they'll get a free spot. So, either way we can hear them live next year, but a break is also possible. I'll count for a break in a probability ratio 60% to 40%.

3. Slash said, that everybody wants a new album and basically they have a material to record, so they need just get things together in a studio. I doubt that they will record a new album before Slash ends his tour, so unless we'll get some updates, the album won't hit the world until 2020 for sure.  

So, therefore, a schedule prediction: Feb-March 2020 - Slash Tours Europe; Spring/Summer/Autumn - Slash may tour through North American again and a short break for SMKC may take place, maybe some shows for GNR - most probably in US or Europe, as nobody goes to SA in summer, at the same time Guns may end up in a studio to put things into work. Oct-Dec 2019 or Spring 2020 - Slash Tours South America & Australia. Spring/Summer 2020 - Slash returns to Europe. The Rest of 2020 - Guns finishes the new album with a release date in a late 2020 or an early 2021.   

Edited by nikothebellic

56 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Just because Slash said NITL will be over doesn't mean touring is over. I think they'll do more shows next year but probably under a different name.

Yep.

Vegas residencies, theater tours, amphitheater tours, cruises...........there's a whole world out there of over priced "concert experiences" that GN'R has yet to tap into. I'm certain most everyone who has a hand in GN'R business is already looking into all those avenues I listed.

As far as any new material from GN'R is concerned; I remain convinced that we won't see anymore during Axl's lifetime. That's a terrible outlook, but it's the one I have which is a direct result of the history of the band.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nikothebellic said:

Well, to predict what 2019 will be, let's check the facts:
1. "World on Fire" tour lasted aprx. 20 months, from July 2014 to November 2015 with visiting Australia, South America, North America (x2) & Europe (twice). If "Living The Dream Tour" wil go the same way, it'll end somewhere in Spring 2020 at the worst case. Maybe this time around the tour will be a bit shorter or "tighter" or less consistent as Slash has some Guns N' Roses obligations. So, probably The Top Hat guy will be fully free by the end of 2019.

2. In conversation with a fan this summer Beta said, that Guns are about to return in Europe next year, but Fernando said they won't. So, the truth is somewhere between - they may come back in 2019 for a couple shows to keep band fitness, for example to attend summer festivals. However, excluding Rock in Rio and several other shows, South America is the only major market, they didn't attent twice during NITL (apart from Australia) and probably Fernando will prefer to visit his homeland, rather than Europe, if they'll get a free spot. So, either way we can hear them live next year, but a break is also possible. I'll count for a break in a probability ratio 60% to 40%.

3. Slash said, that everybody wants a new album and basically they have a material to record, so they need just get things together in a studio. I doubt that they will record a new album before Slash ends his tour, so unless we'll get some updates, the album won't hit the world until 2020 for sure.  

So, therefore, a schedule prediction: Feb-March 2020 - Slash Tours Europe; Spring/Summer/Autumn - Slash may tour through North American again and a short break for SMKC may take place, maybe some shows for GNR - most probably in US or Europe, as nobody goes to SA in summer, at the same time Guns may end up in a studio to put things into work. Oct-Dec 2019 or Spring 2020 - Slash Tours South America & Australia. Spring/Summer 2020 - Slash returns to Europe. The Rest of 2020 - Guns finishes the new album with a release date in a late 2020 or an early 2021.   

Well when Guns played in Aus last year, when the band flew out of Perth which was the last show as part of the Australian show slash tweeted that " we will be back". I absolutely thought they would tour here as part of the Asia leg starting next month.

I think SKMC will be in Aus possible in April-May once Europe shows are finished, which is our Autumn or possibly June beginning of our Winter. I

12 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Just because Slash said NITL will be over doesn't mean touring is over. I think they'll do more shows next year but probably under a different name.

"Not another cash cow tour"

"here we go again" tour

"here today down at the bank" tour

"not in this lifetime again" tour

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yep.

Vegas residencies, theater tours, amphitheater tours, cruises...........there's a whole world out there of over priced "concert experiences" that GN'R has yet to tap into. I'm certain most everyone who has a hand in GN'R business is already looking into all those avenues I listed.

As far as any new material from GN'R is concerned; I remain convinced that we won't see anymore during Axl's lifetime. That's a terrible outlook, but it's the one I have which is a direct result of the history of the band.

I don't think it could be a vegas show unless the band all wore elvis like jumpsuits.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Well when Guns played in Aus last year, when the band flew out of Perth which was the last show as part of the Australian show slash tweeted that " we will be back". I absolutely thought they would tour here as part of the Asia leg starting next month.

I think SKMC will be in Aus possible in April-May once Europe shows are finished, which is our Autumn or possibly June beginning of our Winter. I

If I had a penny for every concert I went to that was followed by a "we will be back" statement, I'd be a millionaire.

Bands always tend to say that after a gig.

• Like 2

As long as people keep paying to see the same show over and over, they will keep touring. Reminds me of our football team here... the Detroit Lions. As long as fans keep packing the stadiums every Sunday, nothing changes. No new results, no improved performance. Axl could release new music but doesn't care or need to. He could lose 25, prepare vocally for shows, and hit the stage looking/sounding awesome. Doesn't care or need to. Stop buying tickets and demand a better product.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2019 will bring us a 20th anniversary remaster of 'Live Era', for which they will keep Axl's fake vocals, but replace the guitars and bass in the studio.

Frank Ferrari and Richard Forbes will also do their part, replacing the drums and rythm guitars, to add to the fake flavour of the project.

Melissa Ricci will replace all keyboards and Tracy and Roberta's backing vocals.

No one can pinpoint exactly what Dizzy will be doing ... What else is new ....

• GNFNR 1

40 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

As long as people keep paying to see the same show over and over, they will keep touring. Reminds me of our football team here... the Detroit Lions. As long as fans keep packing the stadiums every Sunday, nothing changes. No new results, no improved performance. Axl could release new music but doesn't care or need to. He could lose 25, prepare vocally for shows, and hit the stage looking/sounding awesome. Doesn't care or need to. Stop buying tickets and demand a better product.

They're more a brand now than a band and like all brands they are dictated by market economics, i.e., supply and demand. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They're more a brand now than a band and like all brands they are dictated by market economics, i.e., supply and demand. 

They're technically a brand since they were signed by Geffen back in 1986.

28 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They were still an artistic entity though. Now they are all brand, to pasted upon products to sell tat. 

Considering that you think they are just a brand only, are you even interested in any music that they might put out (since it seems very possible)? Or, would you already cast it away as cheap hogwash that was only made in order  to keep the cash rolling and to hide behind the guise of being a band? 

2 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

I've been saying this for YEARS! I've told people over and over; vote with your wallet! If GN'R can't get your money for endless touring, they'll be forced to do something else.

Side note; I had no idea we had another person from the Detroit/Michigan area here. You're more than welcome to come by and spin records with the likes of @Wagszilla, @ZoSoRose and others any time you like!

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 10:10 AM, nikothebellic said:

They did come to SA twice on the NITL, i saw them in the opening night in Lima PEru in 2016 and then with The Who in Chile in 2017.