Guns N' Roses 2019 Plans?

2 hours ago, thomlarke said:

Considering that you think they are just a brand only, are you even interested in any music that they might put out (since it seems very possible)? Or, would you already cast it away as cheap hogwash that was only made in order  to keep the cash rolling and to hide behind the guise of being a band? 

I don't think they'll ever put out new music.

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I've been saying this for YEARS! I've told people over and over; vote with your wallet! If GN'R can't get your money for endless touring, they'll be forced to do something else.

Side note; I had no idea we had another person from the Detroit/Michigan area here. You're more than welcome to come by and spin records with the likes of @Wagszilla, @ZoSoRose and others any time you like!

For sure! Ya, I went to the first show in Detroit  with slash and duff in 2016 and it was great, but didn't feel the need to see the same show the 2nd time around without a new song, significant change in setlist, Izzy, SOMETHING. 

Yes, born and raised!  Lived in Detroit about 10 years, just moved back to the burbs last year. Hangin out and spinning records sounds cool, thanks man!

On 02.10.2018 at 8:38 AM, Sydney Fan said:

Well when Guns played in Aus last year, when the band flew out of Perth which was the last show as part of the Australian show slash tweeted that " we will be back". I absolutely thought they would tour here as part of the Asia leg starting next month.

I think SKMC will be in Aus possible in April-May once Europe shows are finished, which is our Autumn or possibly June beginning of our Winter. I

I also hoped that they will extend for December this autumn’s leg to other major cities of a region - some Japan dates, Tokyo (preferably Tokyo Dome), Sydney, maybe New Zealand. That would make sense abd with 4-5 more shows they would end just before Christmas holidays. 

Maybe Slash will come at this time, but I’m not sure is it okay to play in Australia in this period of year? I mean, most of bands play in Oct-Feb there, and Guns did so, maybe there are reasons for this... 

• Like 1

The plan for 2019 is the same as 2016-2018, make money repackaging old crap and selling it to thirsty fans desperate for anything. Fernando has even said that he'll be hand selecting next year's merch from whatever random chinese factory they're pumped out of. Thrilling news. Only the best for GnR fans.

• Like 1

I believe that they will eventually come to an agreement with Izzy because they know that they need him for a new record. Izzy wouldn't want to do it with without Steven so he will be back on board as well. Frank, Richard and Melissa will realize that this is what the fans want so they are out. Dizzy will put up a fight, but he will go back to being a studio/touring musician and ends up playing on two or three songs on the new record. Gilby will make a guest appearance on the new record and so will Matt, he will play percussion on one song. Then they will finish the record in 2019 and save rock n' roll. The real reunion tour will start in 2020. Dizzy will be laid off right before the start of the tour because of an argument with Slash and they will hire Teddy as his replacement.

• Haha 1

I think anyone waiting for new studio material of original songs from GN'R any time soon are going to be disappointed. I also think anyone waiting for anything like that including Izzy and/or Steven or Matt are going to be VERY, VERY disappointed.

• Like 4

On 02.10.2018 at 6:44 PM, Walapino said:

They did come to SA twice on the NITL, i saw them in the opening night in Lima PEru in 2016 and then with The Who in Chile in 2017. 

Yeah, you're absolutely right, but like I said "excluding Rock in Rio and several other shows" - they indeed attended Rock in Rio in September 2017 as well as some other local festivals in SA, but that wasn't a "full leg" with 10-20 shows, so does not count. They made two full runs in EU and US, but not in any other region yet. 

Edited by nikothebellic

On 10/2/2018 at 9:49 AM, DieselDaisy said:

I don't think they'll ever put out new music.

It will come down to whether or not they feel they have something to be proud of, worthy of release, that won't tarnish their legacy. Putting out a bad album wouldn't help the touring machine in the long run (I assume, not based on any fact or experise). So...if they get together and try out new music and they say...well this sucks....why would they release? Seems reasonable enough to me.

• Like 1

On his goals for 2019 and beyond:

Slash: "Next year is all touring [with THE CONSPIRATORS], but going beyond that, obviously I'm not going to not mention wanting to do a GUNS record along the way. It's not a personal challenge or anything, but I would love to see a GUNS record get done and have it be, to us, really great. That would be awesome. I'm looking forward to THE CONSPIRATORS tour. I'm really happy with the record. For the most part, that's it — do this tour, let's hope for a GUNS thing, let's just keep it all going."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-says-seeing-axl-rose-perform-with-ac-dc-was-awesome-he-pulled-it-off-and-it-was-great/

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

I think guns will hit Antarctica next summer. They haven't played there yet. Imagine axl, slash and co belting out the opening sequence of IT'S SO EASY to a handful of confused scientists on the Ross Ice Shelf.

The Metallica show there was fucking killer. It’s also nice that the whole thing was filmed. Because of the cold the set was extremely short, so if GNR did it they would have to go back to an Appetite era setlist.

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

On his goals for 2019 and beyond:

Slash: "Next year is all touring [with THE CONSPIRATORS], but going beyond that, obviously I'm not going to not mention wanting to do a GUNS record along the way. It's not a personal challenge or anything, but I would love to see a GUNS record get done and have it be, to us, really great. That would be awesome. I'm looking forward to THE CONSPIRATORS tour. I'm really happy with the record. For the most part, that's it — do this tour, let's hope for a GUNS thing, let's just keep it all going."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-says-seeing-axl-rose-perform-with-ac-dc-was-awesome-he-pulled-it-off-and-it-was-great/

I was just about to post this here also! I think that basically answers our questions: what are they doing next year and will there be a new album.

• Like 2