Guns N' Roses 2019 Plans?

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That was an interview where Slash talked more generally about Chinese I think. I'll try to find the it but I remember Slash saying that about Bucket for sure. I guess he was talking about the super shred style Bucket is known for, the over technical aspect of it. 

Slash is basically saying he's up for anything Axl throws at him or that's how I see it. When the time comes Slash is ready to deliver. It's good to see he is excited about the idea.

2 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

3:10

Youtube?

I remember Slash saying CD was a great record, which mainly went unnoticed for 10 years. But he also said some more ambiguous things. I think it’s like he says now, it’s not the way he plays. But in a VR interview I remember him saying he likes NIN! More recently he was saying he likes RATM a lot. So that kind of fits CD, I think Costanzo worked on Evil Empire. 

Supposedly CD was this terrible album that destroyed GNR, now Slash is playing half the album live so I think that idea is moot now. 

I really think there are a lot of GNR aspects to the CD songs, obviously Axl’s lyrics and vocal melodies, but dynamics, arrangements are pretty similar. Tobias wrote for early GNR. When Slash plays them they sound like slightly updated UYI songs. Only Shackler’s and Scraped seem too far for Slash. But Shackler’s seems possible. 

In 2019 I could see Bucket joining for a show to do Shackler’s. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Isn't Buckethead angry with Axl for maintaining ownership of unreleased guitar stuff he recorded for him and not letting him use it?

Yea, they didn't seem to end on good terms. I've read that Bucket won't sign anything CD-related, some people have handed him the booklet during the 'toy hand-out' and he just puts it aside or ignores them.

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I wanna see Bucket do TWAT just once so we can hear him do that solo live 

There’s definitely a Bucket suite of Shackler’s, Scraped, TWAT that could make a few heartland shows intense. 

Edited by wasted
  • GNFNR 1