Whatever Happened to "Stump" The Guy Axl Punched in St. Louis

I read somewhere that the reason why Axl attacked this guy was because the dude was being irritable throughout the entire night, being an asshole to the audience, and heckling Axl (when you watch the videos of the concert, you can tell there was some dude bothering Axl at the end of Dust N' Bones). Throughout the concert, Axl had a pretty hostile attitude about him as well. The posted article's screenshots might be biased but no where did it mention in those articles nor Axl himself indicate that there was any other reason but the camera. :facepalm: This particular article makes me think that I should be on Stump's side now. <_<

According to this article, Axl goes on to say "And they think I did it just because I wanted to stop somebody from taking my picture. The camera was the last straw, the final thing. I was sick of, at that point, with the security in the front. There was a weird space in my mind the entire night. I was thinking, "Something isn't right up here. Why is there this weird attitude, this passiveness, in the security?" There was no feeling that they were on the same team as us. Their feelings towards the crowd wasn't right. A young boy and a girl were getting shoved over here while rowdy bikers are being allowed to do whatever they want. What is going on? I was very confused.  During "Jungle," I don't stand during "Jungle," I just stood there and watched a security guy shove a young kid and walk about four feet out into the aisle just to act tough and show the crowd that he was a man. Then he turned around to me with a smile of pride on his face. I looked at this slob while he was looking at me with this pride on his face and going, "See what I do to your fans?" It took me a couple of days to understand the look on his face… I was very confused. I was like, "What is going on with these guys?" 

WHO DO I BELIEVE?

Edited by thomlarke

geez what a terrible reaching study of what was probably the last straw for izzy 

all was a demonic power control  obssession over a fucking camera when in hindsight 2018 all fucking asshole fans shoot with their phones now instead of enjoying the moment 

AGAIN, PLEASE DO A VIDEO ABOUT TRACI LORDS, that Stalker hog and or Yoda to keep up the good journalist work 

3 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

geez what a terrible reaching study of what was probably the last straw for izzy 

all was a demonic power control  obssession over a fucking camera when in hindsight 2018 all fucking asshole fans shoot with their phones now instead of enjoying the moment 

AGAIN, PLEASE DO A VIDEO ABOUT TRACI LORDS, that Stalker hog and or Yoda to keep up the good journalist work 

I often wonder if it wasn't for Stump if Izzy would have stayed in the band and GNR would have stayed together (with Matt on drums).

Most likely there would have been another "last straw" if the riot didn't happen. Axl was just too far off the reservation back then for something else not to happen.

On 10/4/2018 at 3:03 AM, thomlarke said:

I read somewhere that the reason why Axl attacked this guy was because the dude was being irritable throughout the entire night, being an asshole to the audience, and heckling Axl (when you watch the videos of the concert, you can tell there was some dude bothering Axl at the end of Dust N' Bones). Throughout the concert, Axl had a pretty hostile attitude about him as well. The posted article's screenshots might be biased but no where did it mention in those articles nor Axl himself indicate that there was any other reason but the camera. :facepalm: This particular article makes me think that I should be on Stump's side now. <_<

According to this article, Axl goes on to say "And they think I did it just because I wanted to stop somebody from taking my picture. The camera was the last straw, the final thing. I was sick of, at that point, with the security in the front. There was a weird space in my mind the entire night. I was thinking, "Something isn't right up here. Why is there this weird attitude, this passiveness, in the security?" There was no feeling that they were on the same team as us. Their feelings towards the crowd wasn't right. A young boy and a girl were getting shoved over here while rowdy bikers are being allowed to do whatever they want. What is going on? I was very confused.  During "Jungle," I don't stand during "Jungle," I just stood there and watched a security guy shove a young kid and walk about four feet out into the aisle just to act tough and show the crowd that he was a man. Then he turned around to me with a smile of pride on his face. I looked at this slob while he was looking at me with this pride on his face and going, "See what I do to your fans?" It took me a couple of days to understand the look on his face… I was very confused. I was like, "What is going on with these guys?" 

WHO DO I BELIEVE?

Yes, St. Louis Post-Dispatch was -not unexpectedly- biased. In one of the clipped articles I posted, though, it's reported that Axl said that during the show a security guard was provocatively shoving a girl.