Just sold my tix

Tom-Ass

It is official, my tickets for the Boston show just sold on Ticketmaster.  I feel it was the right move but at the same time I have a sick feeling in my stomach.  I never miss a Slash show with any of his bands.. EVER..   I am just not feeling the new album or the setlists at all.  There literally isn't one song off LTD that I would be excited about seeing.  It is that bad. I am still a Slash die hard and he is one of my top two favorite guitarists of all time but the whole SMKC this is boring me.  Seeing a show of basically all SMKC songs doesn't look appealing to me.  I do like some of their stuff but it just isn't strong enough to carry a whole show in my eyes.  The best part of the Slash solo shows for me was watching him showcase the best of all his bands including plenty of Guns and some VR. 

I am still glad that some people are getting enjoyment out of LTD and I hope everyone that is going to the shows has a blast. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

It is official, my tickets for the Boston show just sold on Ticketmaster.  I feel it was the right move but at the same time I have a sick feeling in my stomach.  I never miss a Slash show with any of his bands.. EVER..   I am just not feeling the new album or the setlists at all.  There literally isn't one song off LTD that I would be excited about seeing.  It is that bad. I am still a Slash die hard and he is one of my top two favorite guitarists of all time but the whole SMKC this is boring me.  Seeing a show of basically all SMKC songs doesn't look appealing to me.  I do like some of their stuff but it just isn't strong enough to carry a whole show in my eyes.  The best part of the Slash solo shows for me was watching him showcase the best of all his bands including plenty of Guns and some VR. 

I am still glad that some people are getting enjoyment out of LTD and I hope everyone that is going to the shows has a blast. 

I felt that way about the last Jack White album and tour, so I get it. I hadn't missed ANYTHING he'd done prior to that. I went through hell to get tickets to two shows prior to the album coming out. Then the album came out and I absolutely hated it. There's like two tracks on there that I like and even then, it's a mild like. I couldnt see having any fun at the shows because the sets were going to be heavy on that album. In addition, I would've been thinking about the money I spent to watch something I knew I wasn't going to like that much.

I kinda felt odd about it up to and including the actual show dates but I don't regret it now so I assume you'll get to the same headspace eventually too.

• Like 1

I didn't go to the Michigan show, @Tom-Ass (granted, it was on the other side of the state). I don't feel bad missing him this tour if it comes down to it. I've seen Slash and SMKC a lot, so I don't feel like I'm necessarily missing out. I wish there was more Snakepit and VR in the setlist, and more rare SMKC songs that I personally want to hear. A lot of the ones they are doing are ones they played on the AL and WOF tour. How about some deep cuts to throw us die hards a bone?

The new album is growing on me, but it is still disappointing. They aren't even doing my favorite tracks from it, so far. If he comes to Detroit or Royal Oak or something, I'll probably go if I'm free that night and if tickets are cheap the day of. Otherwise, I'm not upset. It is a bummer knowing I'd want to see them a lot more if I liked the new record more. I love Slash, but I've seen him a lot between SMKC, the Hall of Fame, and GNR. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I am a bit surprised @Tom-Ass and a bit sad :no: I didn't think you'd go through with selling them.

Are you gonna put the money towards getting the L&L box? :lol:

I held off but it is a week away.  I have literally seen Slash 20 times between all his bands.. I feel like a traitor hah

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I felt that way about the last Jack White album and tour, so I get it. I hadn't missed ANYTHING he'd done prior to that. I went through hell to get tickets to two shows prior to the album coming out. Then the album came out and I absolutely hated it. There's like two tracks on there that I like and even then, it's a mild like. I couldnt see having any fun at the shows because the sets were going to be heavy on that album. In addition, I would've been thinking about the money I spent to watch something I knew I wasn't going to like that much.

I kinda felt odd about it up to and including the actual show dates but I don't regret it now so I assume you'll get to the same headspace eventually too.

Yeah all good.. I have mixed feelings but it is what it is.  At this point I am hoping there is some substance to the possibility of new GnR music.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, History2010 said:

Are overly dramatic threads like this really needed? You made a choice to sell your tickets as some sort of protest against bad music? Good on you I guess, but why make a whole thread about it?

I knew thread thread would come off as of as kind of douchey, but it wasn't intended that way.. Not protesting but for the first time in almost 30 years that I am not interested in going to a Slash show. Feels fucked up and I figured I'd post it in the Slash section. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I knew thread thread would come off as of as kind of douchey, but it wasn't intended that way.. Not protesting but for the first time in almost 30 years that I am not interested in going to a Slash show. Feels fucked up and I figured I'd post it in the Slash section. 

I feel bad for you @Tom-Assbecause you are such Slash fan :slash2:👍✊

• Like 2

I was at the Slash show last night which was in  the Wellmont Theater in Montclair, NJ. Montclair is only 15-20 minutes for me so figured to go with my childhood friend. It was a great show!!!  It's definitely different now than before. Tom, I think you'll regret selling the ticket.   

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I bought tickets to hear what Slash is doing now. I probably wouldn't go if it was a Guns N' Roses/Velvet Revolver hits thing. 

To be fair, it was always good mixture of old and new and with a damn good and powerful ending. 

WOF

Anastasia

SCOM

Slither

PC

I think you might have done the wrong thing here Tom. Slash always produces an excellent show, even if you're not that keen on Myles. The tickets were presumably on the cheaper side (at least in comparison to Guns) and the venue smaller? The chance to see Slash in a smaller venue shouldn't be dismissed. 

• Like 3

1. Thank you for posting your journal entry for everyone to see. It's very brave.  We needed to know where you stood on the new album. Thank you.

2. Everything is better live.  I could not sit through one single Deftones song on their albums, but when I was forced to watch them because they were doing a show of a band I know, I loved that shit.  Bought the albums, hated them.  Saw them again and loved them.  Returned the albums, thinking they might be defective, and repurchased them. Still shit.  Saw them live again and thought for sure this was some pod people shit, because that band rocking that hard giving me chills laid nothing but piles of steaming shit on their studio albums.

13 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I pretty much get it. Ive listened to the album for the first time today and by the time i got to lost inside the girl i didnt want to continue with the rest of the album. Theres no song that grabs me and the songs just sound same same to me. No surprises, but live it could be different.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I pretty much get it. Ive listened to the album for the first time today and by the time i got to lost inside the girl i didnt want to continue with the rest of the album. Theres no song that grabs me and the songs just sound same same to me. No surprises, but live it could be different.

I'd recommend you to listen at least to Great Pretender. 

Read Between The Lines and The One You Loved Is Gone are worth it for the solos alone if you ask me.

here is my take on it.

we must be happy we still have Slash, unlike other legends like hendrix, cobain, morrison who left us way too soon. With Slash, you have this incredible iconic / charismatic / talented blues guitarist that inspired millions of guitar players, and if you think about it: how many of those are still around? Icons usually die young. God knows how long we'll still have him around? We should not take this for granted. We shouldn't take ANYTHING for granted.

I'm listening to generic song #fucknows on the album, it's bland and uninspired, but here it is nonetheless: it's a sunny day, I'm watching new Slash music with a goofy video about sock puppets in a rock band. Somehow, it makes me happy. I'm even inspired by the album cover, which looks like a clown vomited over it. But it's interesting, it's meaningfull and it's all Slash.

Seeing Slash live, is yet another different beast. It should be cherished even more. Seeing an icon live on stage; it's luxury. It's fragile. It won't fucking last. Throwing away a ticket like that, I really hope you won't regret it...

• Like 3