Just sold my tix

Tom-Ass

41 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I'd recommend you to listen at least to Great Pretender. 

Read Between The Lines and The One You Loved Is Gone are worth it for the solos alone if you ask me.

Yeah will give it another listen tomorrow and play from start to finish.

4 hours ago, Free Bird said:

To be fair, it was always good mixture of old and new and with a damn good and powerful ending. 

WOF

Anastasia

SCOM

Slither

PC

I really hope when they tour aus they drop slither and do another VR deep cut. Then again when i saw him in 2015 one person who when heard slither said "about time".sounded like that was the only reason they brought tickets for. 

2 hours ago, thunderram said:

It's kinda funny to me, but for the NITL tour, we constantly heard complaining about the setlist not changing much and too many covers.

Now here's SLASH switching things up and doing pretty much all original material (including numerous new ones) sans a song or two on his current tour and some are complaining that he's not including GN'R tunes or other tunes from Snakepit/VR that he's played to death over the years.

It's impossible for any of these artists to win. If I didn't see it before, I definitely see now why they do whatever the hell they want. Cause they can never satisfy the majority of fans anyway.

Arnt there bands who put on their website a list of songs and ask the fans to create the setlist. That would be interesting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

On second thought, if its convenient I say go for the show. You'll still see Slash live. Id rather do that then sit around at home. How much were tickets, like 20 bucks? 

$65 bucks after fees but I already sold them and it is sold out.

8 hours ago, thunderram said:

It's kinda funny to me, but for the NITL tour, we constantly heard complaining about the setlist not changing much and too many covers.

Now here's SLASH switching things up and doing pretty much all original material (including numerous new ones) sans a song or two on his current tour and some are complaining that he's not including GN'R tunes or other tunes from Snakepit/VR that he's played to death over the years.

It's impossible for any of these artists to win. If I didn't see it before, I definitely see now why they do whatever the hell they want. Cause they can never satisfy the majority of fans anyway.

He's playing half of the new album right now plus selections from the previous ones. I don't see what people are complaining about.

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I really hope when they tour aus they drop slither and do another VR deep cut. Then again when i saw him in 2015 one person who when heard slither said "about time".sounded like that was the only reason they brought tickets for. 

They haven't done Slither on this tour yet.

48 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Wtf for one ticket?! I paid 15 bucks after fees for the WoF tour

Fuck that

Still cheaper than GnR tickets. I paid almost $70 including fees for SMKC compared to close to $200 for GnR. SMKC ended up being sold out too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is an issue right there.  The album is pretty weak. 

IDK. I could have said the same thing about WOF or AL or any of the Snakepit/VR records within the 1st year or two of hearing them. But like pretty much anything else SLASH/GN'R does, most of the tunes grow on me over time to the point that I love the albums.

I don't see LTD being any different. Like usual, there's 2-3 songs I like and the rest will grow on me.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 2

I see him for free Saturday at the wolf den in CT. That’ll be worth it especially since I haven’t seen him with Myles yet. 20 minute drive. Saw GNR in Hartford almost. A year ago now. Thought about buying tickets for Boston too but saw the setlist was the same. I’m hoping he pulls out serial killer or at the very least the one you loved is gone. 

Also steven is playing the same night (this Saturday) in Massachusetts. Maybe that’ll float your boat

• Like 1

On 02/10/2018 at 5:35 PM, History2010 said:

Are overly dramatic threads like this really needed? You made a choice to sell your tickets as some sort of protest against bad music? Good on you I guess, but why make a whole thread about it?

so what would you or anyone do on a thread that is not "really needed"?

cant you see that threads that are not "really needed" fade away by themselves?

do you think only the topics that YOU find worthy discussing are the topics worth discussing?

cant you see that something that is not "really needed" according to you can be "OK" to other people?

• Like 1

On 02/10/2018 at 3:35 PM, Tom-Ass said:

It is official, my tickets for the Boston show just sold on Ticketmaster.  I feel it was the right move but at the same time I have a sick feeling in my stomach.  I never miss a Slash show with any of his bands.. EVER..   I am just not feeling the new album or the setlists at all.  There literally isn't one song off LTD that I would be excited about seeing.  It is that bad. I am still a Slash die hard and he is one of my top two favorite guitarists of all time but the whole SMKC this is boring me.  Seeing a show of basically all SMKC songs doesn't look appealing to me.  I do like some of their stuff but it just isn't strong enough to carry a whole show in my eyes.  The best part of the Slash solo shows for me was watching him showcase the best of all his bands including plenty of Guns and some VR. 

I am still glad that some people are getting enjoyment out of LTD and I hope everyone that is going to the shows has a blast. 

my exact feeling after watching guns n roses axl rose presenting himself as GNR in 2001

never felt the need to return after watching and listening to that nonsense

not even for the fake reunion tour with Flash and Dough

still love GNR

still waiting for GNR to return!

:headbang:

===

just remembered something

i won a free ticket a few years ago to a slash gig

i would never pay to see him with myles

but FREE?

OF COURSE i went to the gig

i found the instrumental very nice to listen to

specially when slash soloed on GNR songs

his band is waay more listenable than axl's aliens

but myles really is an annoying singer

and Slash REALLY was noodling a bit too much

:shrugs:

Edited by ludurigan

12 hours ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I see him for free Saturday at the wolf den in CT. That’ll be worth it especially since I haven’t seen him with Myles yet. 20 minute drive. Saw GNR in Hartford almost. A year ago now. Thought about buying tickets for Boston too but saw the setlist was the same. I’m hoping he pulls out serial killer or at the very least the one you loved is gone. 

Also steven is playing the same night (this Saturday) in Massachusetts. Maybe that’ll float your boat

Cool man enjoy! I haven't seen a show at the Wold Den but I heard you need to get there really early and line up to get in since it is free.  I would have loved to see the Steven show but it is almost 2 hours away and I have family coming in from Florida for the weekend and will be tied up with all that. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 2:35 PM, Tom-Ass said:

It is official, my tickets for the Boston show just sold on Ticketmaster.  I feel it was the right move but at the same time I have a sick feeling in my stomach.  I never miss a Slash show with any of his bands.. EVER..   I am just not feeling the new album or the setlists at all.  There literally isn't one song off LTD that I would be excited about seeing.  It is that bad. I am still a Slash die hard and he is one of my top two favorite guitarists of all time but the whole SMKC this is boring me.  Seeing a show of basically all SMKC songs doesn't look appealing to me.  I do like some of their stuff but it just isn't strong enough to carry a whole show in my eyes.  The best part of the Slash solo shows for me was watching him showcase the best of all his bands including plenty of Guns and some VR. 

I am still glad that some people are getting enjoyment out of LTD and I hope everyone that is going to the shows has a blast. 

Feeling the same way man. Die hard Slash fan, until now. The lazy record, same setlists, 19 minute Rocket Queen, stupid signature guitars, etc. has done it for me. 

Hit the nail on the head with what made Slash shows so great for a while. His new stuff was good AND you got to hear Snakepit, VR, and some GNR. And a cool cover every now and then. 

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

Feeling the same way man. Die hard Slash fan, until now. The lazy record, same setlists, 19 minute Rocket Queen, stupid Signature guitars, etc. has done it for me. 

Hit the nail on the head with what made Slash shows so great for a while. His new stuff was good AND you got to hear Snakepit, VR, and some GNR. And a cool cover every now and then. 

Don't get me wrong, I am still a die hard Slash fan.  Just not a fan of what he is doing at the moment and feel SMKC has run it's course.  I pretty much agree with everything else you said there though.

Except Rocket Queen!! hahaha. Rocket Queen was always the highlight of his solo shows for me and I love the long ass jams.. Not a fan of the long NITL version but I eat the SMKC version up!  I can't tell you how many of those I have watched on youtube.. never gets old for me! That and Anastasia are the only songs I will really regret missing next week. 

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Except Rocket Queen!! hahaha. Rocket Queen was always the highlight of his solo shows for me and I love the long ass jams.. Not a fan of the long NITL version but I eat the SMKC version up!  I can't tell you how many of those I have watched on youtube.. never gets old for me! That and Anastasia are the only songs I will really regret missing next week. 

Glad you said this, cause I was gonna say the exact same thing! RQ is among my all-time favorite GN'R songs (might be my fav depending upon the day of the week) and I really dig the long jam session to that beat and bassline. I've never understood the hate some have over it. At all. (unless one just happens to dislike RQ; which would be ridiculous unto itself LOL)

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 3

Well now I am having a quick moment of regret about selling my tickets after looking at last nights set list. I saw they added We're all Gonna Die, Nightrain and Fall To Pieces.. Only 4 songs off the new album which is a good thing. Too bad they didn't keep Rocket Queen but looks like the best setlist of the tour. 

13 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

I haven't even listen to it yet. Is it really that bad?

What do you mean? Living The Dream?

Very different opinions about this record. Most probably if you don't like SMKC you won't like it either though there are some different styles on it.

3 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

What do you mean? Living The Dream?

Very different opinions about this record. Most probably if you don't like SMKC you won't like it either though there are some different styles on it.

Yes. Tbh I'm not SMKC fan. I only like Anastasia but the rest...I'm just annoyed at Myles Kennedy's voice :lol: