Face Reality - There Will Never Be Another GN’R Album

Why do I think there will be no new Guns n’ Roses music from this lineup? Simple. The cycle. What do I mean? Look at the patterns from the past 25 years. A band member, including Axl, says something vague like “we will be working on something new hopefully soon”...yet nothing comes of it. This includes every band member. Slash. Duff. Dizzy. Dorris. Axl! Pitman. Stinson. Bumble. Finck. Every band member hopes for new music, but yet nothing ever comes of it.

The argument in this case is the 2008 album, Chinese Democracy. This album being released is a near-miracle. There was so much pressure to release this album in coordination with the leaks to the point where Axl was cornered and had no choice but to throw it out there. I solely believe he would’ve tinkered with it for another few decades if he wasn’t nearly forced to release it. 

The sole thing preventing a release of this album is none other than the ringleader, the man who’s username I replicated when I joined (hell, my username in general is very ironic regarding this topic..). That’s right, Axl Rose. He is the number one thing blocking and crushing any minor hope of a new reason. 6/7, or in the Nu days, 7/8 of the band could pray for a new album release and it still would never have a prayer of happening due to his inability and moreso, his lack of desire, to release new music. Bumble, back in his days of being part of the band, did everything he could trying to get a new release. He suggested to management they at least tour with a new single. He was shut down. In an ironic way considering his latest album release, Axl is not running a democracy.

And I love Chinese! Great album, in fact, my favorite Guns album! But I don’t ignore that it was a living nightmare to release and in fact, damaged the guns name.

If Axl wanted to release something, you would’ve heard it by now. Simple as that. No, there’s no arbitrary contract deal with another company, none of that crap. He simply does not wish to release music. He says otherwise, but yet ironically we haven’t heard anything of substance since Chinese. 

Could you imagine if him, Beta, or Fernando outright said “no, no more new music. We’re going to tour the hits forever.”? They would get backlash up the ass. Instead, they play it safe and clever. They tease the forefront of new material without ever following up upon it. 

Let’s not forget Axl is in no rush to release music like he was in the CD days. He’s satisfied with his life. He’s made amends with most of his demons and enemies from the past. He’s entering his 60’s and his golden sunset years. New music is not a priority!

You think I’m kidding? We heard leaks upon leaks upon leaks during the Chinese era. Now? We get some crappy remixes from the DJ Ashba era and thats about it. There are no signs pointing to new music.

I’d love a new album. I’d be the first person in line to buy it. But we need to face reality guys. There’s no such thing planned and the sooner we accept it, the sooner we can all move on. Life’s too short. There are other albums and musicians who tour with new songs worth your money. Hell, Duff and Slash in their solo bands are some of them. But Guns simply, are not one of those bands. Face the music. Or in this case, the lack thereof.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

nah they'll do something at some point just to have a slightly better excuse to keep touring, and also so that slash and duff don't have to constantly get asked "will there be a new Gnr album?" every time they do interviews for their side projects. There will be something, but it won't be a genuine NEW album, but rather something like Van Halen's A Different Kind of Truth, or something to that effect.

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Although I never thought Axl and Slash would ever be in the same band together again and that happened, so something stranger than a new GNR album has already happened in this lifetime

With simple logic behind it- Axl wanted to keep touring and they were missing a guitarist slot.

Id be fine with a new project featuring Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Fortus a rock n roll singer and a decent drummer. They cant release it under the Guns N Roses name? A new project would do then. Sometimes I try to be logical thinking "they just got back together" but history strikes me harder than "logic".

Edited by default_
  • Like 2

There's nothing safe when it comes to GNR.

There's way more to the reunion than a missing guitar slot. It wasn't Axl's first time dealing with that problem and he kind of "solved" it with much more complicated decisions.

I don't say there will be an album anytime soon. Or even ever. Everything is possible with this band. Even the most unexpected. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wasted said:

I think it comes down to the record company/business side. 

If in 2021 a new record sells more than UYI boxset, we’ll get a new record. 

Slash and duff have publically stated that they want to do album tour album cycle. The issue is with axl, if he wants longetivity with the band new product is as must. Plus im sure it was at the back of slashs mind when he came back on board.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

With simple logic behind it- Axl wanted to keep touring and they were missing a guitarist slot.

With simple logic behind it. There will be an album with new songs. Unfortunatly it will happen once Axl is dead. It is the patron we have seen many times with other artists. Next year we still could have another box set with DVDs, lithographs, an acoustic version of Perfect Crime, the piano version of Attitude and that kind of crap. It's how the industry works these days.

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

Slash and duff have publically stated that they want to do album tour album cycle. The issue is with axl, if he wants longetivity with the band new product is as must. Plus im sure it was at the back of slashs mind when he came back on board.

Doesn’t matter to the business. 

It’s possible the AFD boxset was one for the business, now they have a blank cheque?

I think Slash and Duff might reassure the recomp that the new reunion record will sell a certain amount. Oil the wheels. 

To paint it like Axl snaps his fingers and everything’s cool is a stretch. Maybe Slash is the Fonzy of GNR.