GNR Bootlegs On YouTube

What are you talking about? All those bootlegs have been around for decades, and they are probably fake. “Uploaded by Guns N’ Roses” more like “Uploaded by someone impersonating Guns N’ Roses”. It’s the same thing that happened with GNR’s Spotify a few years ago.

There’s nothing before seen in those videos...

giphy.gif

• Confused 1

They have a picture of the covers of the unofficial (but legal) releases you can buy now. Here is that same Deer Creek, available on cd,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deer-Creek-1991-Guns-Roses/dp/B01BH0ON2M/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1538859873&sr=1-2&keywords=guns+n'+roses+deer+creek

I think all they've done is linked up these?

7 minutes ago, Stoymatic said:

Hmmm....

Does this have anything to do with all the bs crap that went on with taking all the bootlegs and such down recently?

Have GnR decided to put out a bunch of concerts since Mr. A have everyone struck  and banned?

Interesting thought, but i'd rather have all my @FRANSAD videos back than these 

• Like 4

I don't think this has anything to do with all the recent video takedowns, I feel like this has been around for a while. And I've seen a similar channel for Bruce Springsteen. Seems to be an 'official but not official' type of channel, for lack of a better way to put it.

56 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Can somebody post here a link e.g. to the mentioned Noblesville gig? I don't see anything but a few official videos. Thanks. 

-------------------

As @youngswedishvinyl said, it seems that they are uploaded by the bootleg labels (e.g. "RR Live Recordings") via Believe SAS, a company that distributes music digitally on behalf of independent labels:

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=38972106

5bb9c2efdbf0e_bootlegyoutubescreen.thumb.jpg.0cf27850ed7adb85bee5a53bb6bbf693.jpg

The odd thing is that when you click on the channel ("Guns N' Roses" - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIak6JLVOjqhStxrL1Lcytw) it leads to the official GnR youtube channel and these videos aren't listed, there only the official videos uploaded by GunsNRosesVevo/UMG.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1