GNR Bootlegs On YouTube

57 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

just imagine gnr offering selected soundboard recordings of historical shows from back in the day along with a selection of the best of the cd and nitl tours

oh yeah i forgot thats gnr they are a bRand not a band so why should they release any music whatsoever :lol:

Don't give me the idea that I could select the best tracks from across time and compile my own damn live era 😥 ive always wanted to do that. I could make a better live record than GN'R could.. then the world would remember their greatness

These are completely legal, just simply unofficial / unauthorised. They are recordings that neither GN'R nor the label own (usually sourced from radio and TV broadcasts). They are usually referred to as 'loophole' releases because of the gaps in European copyright law that make these legal to release. They are VERY common in Europe, to the point where you can walk into your local music store and be greeted with a nice little selection of concert CDs.

They do these with a lot of artists, and it's always funny to see fans of lawsuit trigger-happy artists such as Prince start sending complaints to HMV, Amazon, etc. "When did you start selling bootlegs? I'm gonna report you!" :lol:

However, having said that, in recent years the labels that release these have started to get cocky and reissuing known bootlegs and audience recordings. There was a recent one that was a version of the old "Unplugged" bootleg that even included the 1986 Jumpin' Jack Flash and November Rain demos - and I bought that from my local HMV months before the Locked N Loaded box was released! (Take that, Del!)

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I've seen things like that in some stores. The masterplan version of chicago 92 (the bad quality one with the mp logo that ends after coma) can be seen in some big shops. A friend of mine had a DVD called "Bad Obsession" that was basically select songs from Tokyo 92 with lower quality. I even once received as a Christmas gift one of those dvds from AC/DC that was basically made from bootleg vhs rips and had to return it as I felt it as a fraud