Joy: Jennifer Lawrence

Love this movie!

"I pick up the gun" is arguably not the makings of a good role model, but broadly speaking I was really inspired by her.

I found it interesting how working class lefties I know enjoy it, while upper class lefties denounce it as nothing more then American Dream propaganda. The Dream they already live, that is. lol. Wish there was a scene dealing with that... maybe the pick up the gun one :lol:

But I dont even take most of what the body of the movie speaks to as being only applicable in business, its about life. And its well written and acted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I'm a fan of Jennifer Lawrence since "The Tribute of Planen". I think that I'll check this motion picture out too :)

Like, the Tribute to Panem? Which was released in NA titled Hunger Games? Just guessing.

If so, yeah, Great films and she was incredible in them!

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Like, the Tribute to Panem? Which was released in NA titled Hunger Games? Just guessing.

If so, yeah, Great films and she was incredible in them!

Yeah, this title includes every film/book of the trilogy. You know, like "The Song of Ice and Fire" from George Martin.

Edited by Sosso

20 hours ago, soon said:

Love this movie!

"I pick up the gun" is arguably not the makings of a good role model, but broadly speaking I was really inspired by her.

I found it interesting how working class lefties I know enjoy it, while upper class lefties denounce it as nothing more then American Dream propaganda. The Dream they already live, that is. lol. Wish there was a scene dealing with that... maybe the pick up the gun one :lol:

But I dont even take most of what the body of the movie speaks to as being only applicable in business, its about life. And its well written and acted.

Thanks soon. Yes, to keep believing in yourself and trying. 

Sometimes you don't reach your intended destination, but you enjoy the journey, and find somewhere better for who you are by the time you arrive. 

• GNFNR 1

I fell asleep during this film and I hardly ever doze off in the movie theater; the sound usually is booming enough to keep me awake.

In my opinion, it's one of David O's weakest films and it was a really bad idea to release it on Christmas. It was an insignificant movie for the holiday event season. 

15 hours ago, appetite4illusions said:

I fell asleep during this film and I hardly ever doze off in the movie theater; the sound usually is booming enough to keep me awake.

In my opinion, it's one of David O's weakest films and it was a really bad idea to release it on Christmas. It was an insignificant movie for the holiday event season. 

I wouldn't have gone to the movie theatre to watch it, but I haven't been for years, and just went to big special effects ones towards the end.

Agree it's not very Chrismassy, although quite a heartwarming story; if the end had them all around a Christmas meal and opening presents it might have done it; as Die Hard just had him going home for Christmas really!