Changes in the upcoming leg?

There's like ten shows, so you can hardly call it a leg. There's a lot of travel involved, even when they stay on the same continent (Asia) the distances are considerable. And they go to 4 continents (!) (North America, South America, Asia and Africa). So by the time the 'leg' is halfway Axl's voice might be somewhat decent. Which will then be completely destroyed by travelling and jetlags. So I actually don't expect anything at all from this leg. Maybe they'll swap out Slither, Wichita Lineman or one of the other covers for something else (another cover), but that's about it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LovelessNL said:

There's like ten shows, so you can hardly call it a leg. There's a lot of travel involved, even when they stay on the same continent (Asia) the distances are considerable. And they go to 4 continents (!) (North America, South America, Asia and Africa). So by the time the 'leg' is halfway Axl's voice might be somewhat decent. Which will then be completely destroyed by travelling and jetlags. So I actually don't expect anything at all from this leg. Maybe they'll swap out Slither, Wichita Lineman or one of the other covers for something else (another cover), but that's about it

I think based on Axl's recent comments, unfortunately Wichita will stay in...

10 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

How was Witchita received in US?

They didn't play it at the 3 shows I went to, but I have friends who were at shows where it was played. Most or all of them didn't care or even remember that it was played.

I got Wichita at download Madrid, it felt as an "Axl highlight song" along with This I Love (which was awful at that show). I liked it, Axl sang it fine and crowd seemed to like it

2 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

That would work, the vocals are mid range so would be fairly easy to sing. The band could do an extended bit at the end to give Axl a breather.

Bring back the 976 horns too, lol

No please, not another extended version, we have enough with Rocket Queen

Edited by fanfzero

9 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Mexico not is South America.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Most people didn't know Wichita Lineman at the shows I saw but IMO it was a highlight of the show. It's a nice little acoustic tune that Axl sounds good on, I'd take more songs like that any day of the week over songs like Black Hole Sun, I Feel Good or Sorry.

I’d really love to see a new guns album in this line, Axl could bring some 70’s influences, acoustic and piano stuff and get Slash out of the confort zone. I think it’d be very well received. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I feel the San Antonio crowd liked it.

I'm glad I heard it live....I love Axl's take on it.

If it was played half a step up it would be perfect. Such a great song.

Do you think Guns would ever do a queen, elton or thin lizzy cover?

I loved the No Quarter cover back in 2012.