Did AXL want ASHBA back for NITL to play more CHIDEM songs?

PhillyRose

Read a quote from Ashba saying how Axl "really wanted" him back for the "reunion" and it's just odd to me why Axl would want HIM of all people back instead of him .. idk .. what's his name? Lizzy? Rizzy? Idk ... Only thing that comes to mind is with two leads more ChiDem songs? 

Yeah, agree with the ones above, it was a nice way from Axl to tell him that he is fired. I am courious what would have happened if DJ would have accepted the invitation hmmm, but im happy he didn't. I don't hate him, i just don't like him musically in GNR, maybe his solo projects are good but in gnr he doesn't have a place. 

Lol DJ Ashba. Obviously thee WORST GNR member of all time. WOW was he bad... that was the death of nu gnr... when ashba replaced robin. I saw gnr live with him... everyone was laughing at him running to the side of the stage doing "Hogan ears" with that RIDICULOUS hat. What a disingenuous shlub. He's not even a good guitar player...

• Like 1

I've said it before, but in late 2009 throughout 2010, I thought DJ was a good fit for the band. He brought out something in Axl that had been missing for years. It was when DJ saw the writing on the wall regarding new music that I beleive, he stopped giving a shit. His playing even got worse.

3 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I've said it before, but in late 2009 throughout 2010, I thought DJ was a good fit for the band. He brought out something in Axl that had been missing for years. It was when DJ saw the writing on the wall regarding new music that I beleive, he stopped giving a shit. His playing even got worse.

Nail. Head.

• Like 1

The Dj era line up put on a great show.

I think was maybe just at first a straight swap Duff for Tommy, Slash for Bumble. 

I’m not sure Dj helped them play more CD songs, but I guess maybe what if Slash didn’t want to do Chi dem, Better, TIL? Maybe Dj would. 

2 hours ago, Italian girl said:

He was intelligent enough to say "no, thanks".

I can't see why people hate him so much..

It’s because they are all heroin addicted bad ass guitar players that ride harleys down sunset strip. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm on the same page - I didn't mind him in 2009 and 2010. He was still the weak link in the band I thought, but not embarrassingly so. 2011 and onwards...he just got worse and worse. 

• Like 1