Favorite Slash albums

Ninjapie24

I have heard a lot of people saying they have very different opinions on Slash albums. I wanted to see just how different all the Slash fans are. By Slash albums I mean albums outside of GNR that he has been a part of. Ex. Velvet Revolver, Slash’s Snakepit, SMKC, and his solo album.

For me personally:

Contraband 

It’s Five O’ Clock Somewhere

World On Fire 

Slash

Libertad

Living The Dream

Apocolyptic Love

Ain’t Life Grand

• Like 1

Mine would be very similar,

Contraband 

It’s Five O’ Clock Somewhere

World On Fire 

Slash

Living the dream

Apocolyptic love

Aint life grand

Libertad

Guesting on duffs solo album "believe in me"

Guesting on alice coopers album "hey stoopid" playing the lead on title track.

Edited by Sydney Fan

2 hours ago, Ninjapie24 said:

I have heard a lot of people saying they have very different opinions on Slash albums. I wanted to see just how different all the Slash fans are. By Slash albums I mean albums outside of GNR that he has been a part of. Ex. Velvet Revolver, Slash’s Snakepit, SMKC, and his solo album.

Contraband (easily #1)

Slash (just a few duds, but mostly great)

It’s Five O’ Clock Somewhere (very underrated imo)

Libertad

Apocolyptic Love

Ain’t Life Grand

World On Fire (getting pretty generic)

Living The Dream (pretty generic)

Honestly, I love Slash... But he works best when he really compliments someone else. And with Myles he kind of does, but the songs are just... generic rock songs. I kind of miss the uniqueness. They're all too interchangable. I've read a review of Living The Dream where it was compared to sex in a bad marriage. Kind of mandatory, always the same position and efficiently getting off and being done with it. It's still good (enough), but there are no real sparks flying. 

Slash and Myles are just too comfy. They don't seem to be challenging eachother as much. Contraband, Slash and Five O Clock were all projects where there was a lot to prove and a lot of fresh energy. That's why they were the best ones. 

Edited by username

1. Slash

2. Ain’t Life Grand 

3. It’s Five O’ Clock Somewhere

4. Libertad 

5. World On Fire  

6. Living The Dream

7. Apocalyptic Love

8. Contraband 

I'd probably rate Libertad and World On Fire if you were to ask the question ''best?'' rather than favourite but I prefer the Snakepit stuff, cheesy and uneven as it is. Contraband I loath.

1. Slash

2. WoF

3. Five O' Clock

4. Living The Dream

-

Admittedly haven't listened to these in forever and haven't gave them a proper listen, i skimmed.

5. Ain't Life Grand

6. Libertad

-

These are terrible.

7. Apocalyptic Love - Anastasia is good.

8. Contraband - Has aged horribly. Scott and Slash were probably at their worse....I still like Slither though.

Edited by -W.A.R-

If VR albums are on here, GNR ones should be as well. Those are not "slash albums"

In regard to his solo out put, Ain't Life Grand by a long shot. I enjoy a good chunk of "Slash" as well. Unfortunately it spurred him making full albums with myles though. I actually like the MK songs on that album quite a bit, but nothing since.

6 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

8. Contraband (Has aged worse than any album ive ever heard. Scott and Slash were probably at their worse. I still like Slither though)

You don't like You Got No Right or Loving The Alien? These are some of Scott and Slash's best work.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Remove the ballads and Slither and you're left with a load of numetal garbage. The majority of Contraband, stuff like Illegal and Superhuman, is near unlistenable. 

Bollocks.

Dirty Little Thing, Big Machine, Headspace, Suckertrain Blues, Do It For The Kids... none of these songs are in the remotest way nu-metal.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Bollocks.

Dirty Little Thing, Big Machine, Headspace, Suckertrain Blues, Do It For The Kids... none of these songs are in the remotest way nu-metal.

The whole album has that horrid late '90s - early '00 alt-rock sound - Chinese has it also, cluttered, abrasive and awful. 

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Remove the ballads and Slither and you're left with a load of numetal garbage. The majority of Contraband, stuff like Illegal and Superhuman, is near unlistenable. 

7 hours ago, Towelie said:

Bollocks.

In my opinion the truth is in the middle.

There are these "new metal tracks" or however you wanna call them and the rest. The new metal is bollocks but the rest is pretty awesome

New metal/Bollocks:

Illegal

Superhuman

Big Mashine

Headspace

Do it for the Kids

Spectacle 

Great Stuff:

Sucker Train Blues

Fall To Peaces

Set Me Free

You Got No Right