2- World on Fire

3- Apocalyptic Love

4- It’s 5 o Clock Somewhere 

5- Slash

6- Ain’t Life Grand

7- Living the Dream

8- Libertad

Libertad at rock bottom! Ow.

What about American Man? I always liked the vibe of that song.... 

That version made me like that song more, too. That solo is straight off the album and the rhythm really pops... ROCK BOTTOM?

I think I put Living the Dream and SLASH at the bottom, myself. Let's do...

1. It’s Five O’ Clock Somewhere

2. Ain’t Life Grand

3. Contraband

4. Libertad

5. Slash

6. World On Fire

7. Apocalyptic Love

8. Living The Dream

5 O'Clock I used to completely disregard and now I love it to bits. I viewed it as an Axl wannabe singing GNR reject material but that is... completely wrong :D . 

I know Ain't Life Grand is kinda the weird stepchild album but it's so visceral and aggressive and I love Slash with a soulful singer. REVISIT THIS THING. Anyone who put it at #1 is cool as fuck. Slash needs to get with a band full of black dudes, man... just sayin. 

Contraband's ranking is influenced by how much I like the melodic solos on the second half. Do It For The Kids and Big Machine live were amazing though! On the album they're kinda toss offs? I get that they don't highlight Slash at his best but Duff and Sorum were cracking pavement... I dug it.  

Brendon O'Briens production on Libertad is way nicer to listen to compared to the SMKC trilogy. Some of it feels a little try-hard for mainstream success (Last Fight imo!). 

SLASH has aged horribly... way worse than anything you can say about Contraband. Adam Levine? Worst solo artist version of Chris Cornell? Fergie? M Shadows? Rap-rock Paradise City? Kid Rock b-side? C-tier Ozzy? None of that shit has stood the test of time. We've got.... five... great songs, though. Maybe six. 

Apocalyptic Love has higher highs than World on Fire but it's seriously inconsistent.... and Living The Dream was a punch in the nuts. 

Edited by Ant

10 minutes ago, Ant said:

Libertad at rock bottom! Ow.

What about American Man? I always liked the vibe of that song.... 

That version made me like that song more, too. ROCK BOTTOM?

I think I put Living the Dream and SLASH at the bottom, myself. 

The Last Fight and For a Brother are the only Libertad songs I like. The rest is mediocre in my opinion. It’s too poppy and most of the songs have very cheesy lyrics. Mary Mary, She Mine, Let it Roll, and Just Sixteen are prime examples. 

Edited by LikeADog93
  • Like 1

Wow how did I never hear about this? Nick Oliveri from QOTSA? Alt version of Nothing To Say. I like it better! I've got no love for M Shadows. I think that's my main beef with that album... cheese. Nicole Scherzinger? Even for a b-side... cripes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Libertad? Really?

The only great song on Libertad wasn't even on the main album (Messages).

Last Fight is pretty good. I like all the songs and the production. I like Quick Machines and Gravedancer. I agree Slither, Alien and Fall are better than most everything on Libertad, but overall I like tracks like She Mine, Mary, American Man, For a Brother, Spay. There’s more depth on Libertard. I like O Brien as a producer it seems, I think he did Evil Empire and Rock or Bust. Slashs solo albums are a bit more metally. 

1 hour ago, Jaygnr said:

Click bait and reaction hunting is all that that these are doing....NOBODY thinks Libertad is 1 😂

I literally just went through the songs on each album. There’s 8-9 on Contraband. 9 on the solo albums. There’s less on Snakepit but prefer the production of Clink and Douglas. It’s kind of equal really but Libertard I like all the songs and the production. Songwriting is high on Slash. Other solo albums is more guitar work. So it’s VR, Slash, 5 O Clock. 

I might come down to production and Scott adds songwriting and vocals. 

Can’t Get It Out of My Head is awesome too. They should do this with Guns. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, wasted said:

Last Fight is pretty good. I like all the songs and the production. I like Quick Machines and Gravedancer. I agree Slither, Alien and Fall are better than most everything on Libertad, but overall I like tracks like She Mine, Mary, American Man, For a Brother, Spay. There’s more depth on Libertard. I like O Brien as a producer it seems, I think he did Evil Empire and Rock or Bust. Slashs solo albums are a bit more metally. 

Don’t Drop That Dime!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ant said:

Wow how did I never hear about this? Nick Oliveri from QOTSA? Alt version of Nothing To Say. I like it better! I've got no love for M Shadows. I think that's my main beef with that album... cheese. Nicole Scherzinger? Even for a b-side... cripes. 

Wow, I like them both but I might like this one better too.  I think I only heard this version once around the time the album came out. 

5 hours ago, wasted said:

I actually liked Libtertad more than Contraband for awhile.. It is solid. 

9 hours ago, Ant said:

I don't think I like it more than the album version and I hate how he sings the "chains and shackles" part but the guitar is very interesting and I love this guitar sound.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Blasphemy on both accounts 

I went back and listened to both songs before i posted that. They weren't good, You Got No Right in particular.

Core is one of my favorite albums and Plush one of my all-time songs (I like Slash aswell obviously) so its no bias there.

Hell i used to like Contraband but listening to it one day changed my mind.

13 hours ago, wasted said:

I literally just went through the songs on each album. There’s 8-9 on Contraband. 9 on the solo albums. There’s less on Snakepit but prefer the production of Clink and Douglas. It’s kind of equal really but Libertard I like all the songs and the production. Songwriting is high on Slash. Other solo albums is more guitar work. So it’s VR, Slash, 5 O Clock. 

I might come down to production and Scott adds songwriting and vocals. 

Can’t Get It Out of My Head is awesome too. They should do this with Guns. 

Regardless of how you view Libertad's song power I agree that of all his albums... it just sounds really fresh and airy in a good way. Contraband (production wise) sounds dated and harsh while SMKC is too slick.

Edited by Ant

All of you that's not putting ain't life grand as (at last) in the top three, have you given it a good listen? 

I know that "one mans Coffee is another mans tea" but to my ears it's leaps ahead anything slash has recorded outside of GNR, therefore I can't understand that it isn't getting more love. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

All of you that's not putting ain't life grand as (at last) in the top three, have you given it a good listen? 

I know that "one mans Coffee is another mans tea" but to my ears it's leaps ahead anything slash has recorded outside of GNR, therefore I can't understand that it isn't getting more love. 

I like it some of it but the vocals are hard to describe.