DTJ80

Best Bootlegs?

Does anyone have any recommendations as to the best recordings out there? Specifically looking for stuff up to ‘93.

On amazon prime there is some decent stuff like Pasadena but it’s not brilliant. Everyone knows about the Ritz recording but I don’t think the ‘uncensored’ is really available - I don’t know how many of these I have had that are edited/mic turned down! Also heard the Marquee recording but again it’s a bit underwhelming?

Any advice appreciated!

Are you talking about different bootlegs of certain concerts? I can’t name any of the different bootlegs but I can name almost every soundboard/proshot that’s not from the CD era.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ninjapie24 said:

Are you talking about different bootlegs of certain concerts? I can’t name any of the different bootlegs but I can name almost every soundboard/proshot that’s not from the CD era.

Really just looking for the best sounding recordings - regardless of where the gig was etc. I’d like some really good recordings from LLAS/Appetite/Lies and UYI eras. Even one from each era would do!

There are some on Prime but the quality aren’t that great. Not sure if there are any soundboard recordings out there?

I have the 3rd Marquee show (June 28 1987) "Alan Niven Remaster" that sounds a lot better than some of the other sources I've heard. Also have a good version of the 2nd Marquee show (June 22) but it's incomplete (starts at Mr Brownstone, only 9 songs). Let me know if you want either show.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I have the 3rd Marquee show (June 28 1987) "Alan Niven Remaster" that sounds a lot better than some of the other sources I've heard. Also have a good version of the 2nd Marquee show (June 22) but it's incomplete (starts at Mr Brownstone, only 9 songs). Let me know if you want either show.

I think I may have the Niven one - is that the one with the ‘fake crowd ‘?

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea :lol:

Ahh - cool. I have that one - thanks tho! To be honest, I don’t think there is any better out there than the Ritz gig which is just fine.

If only they could release a proper version of that gig on vinyl/cd/dvd - one can dream I suppose!! 😂

35 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Really just looking for the best sounding recordings - regardless of where the gig was etc. I’d like some really good recordings from LLAS/Appetite/Lies and UYI eras. Even one from each era would do!

There are some on Prime but the quality aren’t that great. Not sure if there are any soundboard recordings out there?

All the concerts I can think of that are soundboard and pro-shot are- Ritz 87, Ritz 88, Marquee 87, Tokyo 88, Indiana 91, St. Louis 91 (riot show), Paris 92, Chicago 92, Oklahoma 92, Tokyo 92, Argentina 92, Argentina 93 (both nights), Saskatoon 93, Perkins Palace (I forget if it’s 87 or 88), Melbourne (87 or 88), Apollo 17, Forum 17, Rock In Rio 17, Rock In Rio 91 (both nights), Inglewood 1991 (not soundboard but just look at the stlistabns you will see why I recommend it).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ninjapie24 said:

All the concerts I can think of that are soundboard and pro-shot are- Ritz 87, Ritz 88, Marquee 87, Tokyo 88, Indiana 91, St. Louis 91 (riot show), Paris 92, Chicago 92, Oklahoma 92, Tokyo 92, Argentina 92, Argentina 93 (both nights), Saskatoon 93, Perkins Palace (I forget if it’s 87 or 88), Melbourne (87 or 88), Apollo 17, Forum 17, Rock In Rio 17, Rock In Rio 91 (both nights), Inglewood 1991 (not soundboard but just look at the stlistabns you will see why I recommend it).

Cheers - will get looking for these! 👍

10 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Cheers - will get looking for these! 👍

I have all but Rio 91, and Rio 17. If I could find a way to share them I would. There are a couple of threads in this download section of the forum that can help. There is one talking about a website that got taken down that had all the bootlegs, but I believe they set up a discord with them. I’ll look for the thread and then send it. 

Edit: I found one of them, I believe there is another

this one has all dead links unfortunately but, I believe it has some shows I may have forgotten about

Edited by Ninjapie24
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ninjapie24 said:

I have all but Rio 91, and Rio 17. If I could find a way to share them I would. There are a couple of threads in this download section of the forum that can help. There is one talking about a website that got taken down that had all the bootlegs, but I believe they set up a discord with them. I’ll look for the thread and then send it. 

Edit: I found one of them, I believe there is another

Cheers mate - will get checking! 👍

My favourite ones are:

Marquee 1987 (SBD) "London Calling"

Hammersmith 1987 (AUD) "SMaster"

Ritz 1987 (SBD) "Fransad"

CBGB 1987 (SBD) ".44 Caliber Horticulture"

Dane County 1987 (AUD) "Master"

San Diego 1988 (AUD) "Loud Machine"

Tokyo 1988 (SBD) "Self Destruction Era"

Indiana 1991 (SBD) "Fransad"

Costa Mesa 1991 (AUD) "KK Master"

First Stockholm 1991 (AUD) "Per-Erik"

Last Stockholm 1991 (AUD) "KK Master"

First two MSG 1991 (AUD) "sean5150"

Last MSG 1991 (AUD) 

Tokyo 1992 (SBD) "November Rain Live... "

Chicago 1992 (SBD) "Nikki Sixx"

Paris 1992 (SBD) "Le Paris"

Hartford 1993 (AUD) "Nice Fellas"

Saskatoon 1993 (SBD) "Rose In The Wild"

First Argentina 1993 (SBD) "JIMBEAM"

Please do not refrain from sending pm's with further questions. 

Edited by Waemoth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Waemoth said:

My favourite ones are:

Marquee 1987 (SBD) "London Calling"

Hammersmith 1987 (AUD) "SMaster"

Ritz 1987 (SBD) "Fransad"

CBGB 1987 (SBD) ".44 Caliber Horticulture"

Dane County 1987 (AUD) "Master"

San Diego 1988 (AUD) "Loud Machine"

Tokyo 1988 (SBD) "Self Destruction Era"

Indiana 1991 (SBD) "Fransad"

Costa Mesa 1991 (AUD) "KK Master"

First Stockholm 1991 (AUD) "Per-Erik"

Last Stockholm 1991 (AUD) "KK Master"

First two MSG 1991 (AUD) "sean5150"

Last MSG 1991 (AUD) 

Tokyo 1992 (SBD) "November Rain Live... "

Chicago 1992 (SBD) "Nikki Sixx"

Paris 1992 (SBD) "Le Paris"

Hartford 1993 (AUD) "Nice Fellas"

Saskatoon 1993 (SBD) "Rose In The Wild"

First Argentina 1993 (SBD) "JIMBEAM"

Please do not refrain from sending pm's with further questions. 

Magic - appreciate the suggestions  and will get looking for these. 👍

Japan 88 is very good, Chicago 92 is also nice, Paris 92 too...there are literally A LOT of sbd from this band