12/08/18 - Honolulu, Hawaii - Aloha Stadium [Last show of the tour]

alfierose

1 hour ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Don't think so. Finland was  worse. Luckily for me, the part of the crowd I was in was quite lively, so it didn't spoil my night.  But the audience as a whole was pretty lame. They could've used some pills to perk up. 

We. Were. Drunk.

So, not our fault.

Seen some video of Coma and Rocket Queen, sounded like axl barely made it through Coma.  Very high pitched in both songs.  Yes i understand its the end of the tour, but damn..he needs to take a break.  Has axl been like this for the most recent shows?  Havent been following the shows closely since there has been no significant setlist changes.

Hoping for some new music next.

3 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

The last hug of NITL tour....notice Axl and Slash....is not like the one in 1993, but it was nice:heart:

Is it wrong that when I clicked on the video the first place my eyes went to was Melissa's ass? XD

pretty good setlist. Nice to see Yesterday's and Maddy back in there. Would've loved something even more unexpected, this being the last NITL show and all. But overall, im happy.

what an amazing tour! One for the history books! Everything I've been waiting for ever since I was a little kid. Am proud to have witnessed this with my own eyes! Thank you axl, slash, and duff, for making this all finally happen!!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Sure, this tour had its ups and downs, but I don't think that anyone in 2015 when the rumours started heating up was expecting this band to go and smash it the way they did in 2016.

What a career redemption on Axl's part. He went from being widely seen as a washed-up narcissist performing in theatres to selling out stadiums to massive audiences with Slash and Duff, then absolutely killing it as the frontman for AC/DC. The casual audience doesn't hate Axl anymore.

And as much as we've griped about the setlist, the setlist we've got have been awesome. Who'd have expected Coma to be a setlist regular in 2015?

If Axl had written his own list of Ten Commandments prior to 2015, it was a lock that one of them would read "Thou Shall Never Work With Slash Again".

That's the thing that I still can't fathom, and the thing that gave this tour and Guns N' Roses credibility again. Slash returned. And he was awesome, show after show.

The great rock bands in history all have that 1-2 punch:

Jagger/Richards

Page/Plant

Lennon/McCartney

Tyler/Perry

Roth/Van Halen

Frey/Henley

Rose/Hudson

So even though the setlist never really changed all that much over the course of two and a half years, and we don't know what the future holds for new music (because we didn't get any aside from the updated "Shadow Of Your Love"), remember, that up until the latter half of 2015, no one outside the Guns N' Roses circle ever thought Axl Rose and Slash would share a stage again.

Here's hoping to an Axl/Slash partnership that gives us some new kick-ass music in the not too distant future.

• Like 3