12/08/18 - Honolulu, Hawaii - Aloha Stadium [Last show of the tour]

alfierose

5 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

He's joked before about the band hating him and putting up with his shit. Anyone know anything of what he might have done cuz he obviously hasn't been late, ranted on stage, got in fights, insulted anyone publicly etc or any of the things he used to do back in the day. 

There’s likely a lot of behind the scene stuff Axl expresses. They didn’t magically fix his in ear piece for good. There’s plenty of issues that pop up during a live show but I think Axl still expresses his displeasure but has become better at not doing it on stage. 

All in all I think he was kidding though. But to think Axl is just on his best behavior all the time now would be laughable 

Edited by IncitingChaos

4 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

There’s likely a lot of behind the scene stuff Axl expresses. They didn’t magically fix his in ear piece for good. There’s plenty of issues that pop up during a live show but I think Axl still expresses his displeasure but has become better at not doing it on stage. 

Which is quite unfortunate, because that's the best part. :lol:

57 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

He's joked before about the band hating him and putting up with his shit. Anyone know anything of what he might have done cuz he obviously hasn't been late, ranted on stage, got in fights, insulted anyone publicly etc or any of the things he used to do back in the day. 

Probably Axl being Axl rubs some people the wrong way sometimes, he knows he's not the easiest person to get along with. No big deal.

Edited by lame ass security

13 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

I always thought when he does this it was a very self-aware thing like basically joking about basically what the public perception of him can be sometimes.  Kind of like how he joked in the interview with Duff about Team Brazil whipping him and torturing him as a way of poking fun at how some GNR fans think he is brainwashed by TB

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

I always thought when he does this it was a very self-aware thing like basically joking about basically what the public perception of him can be sometimes.  Kind of like how he joked in the interview with Duff about Team Brazil whipping him and torturing him as a way of poking fun at how some GNR fans think he is brainwashed by TB

You mean  hes not 😮

• Haha 1

Ironically, this might be the most interesting time in GNR history.

According to his speach, not even Axl knows what the future holds in cards.

Some options -

A) nothing

B) reunion with Izzy and Sorum/Adler

C) 2 year break and 30 years UYI tour

D) new album

E) some silly tour with eversame setlist down the line

IMO, this line up has been milked dry. The money machine needs a new ace.One comment is significant 'this needs to end in order to move on to the next step'.  Original 5 or Izzy/Sorum tour? Certainly less work and another 2 years of safe money grab.  My wish? Sure,  Axl wish? Possibly.

Edited by shotsfired cro

27 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Some options -

A) nothing

D) new album

IMO, this line up has been milked dry. The money machine needs a new ace.One comment is significant 'this needs to end in order to move on to the next step'.  Original 5 or Izzy/Sorum tour? Certainly less work and another 2 years of safe money grab.  My wish? Sure,  Axl wish? Possibly.

I think there are only two real options for them without going back to playing theaters 

1. AFD5 but even that would be mainly interesting for hardcore fans as the casual fan doesn't care for anyone but Slash and axl 

2. A new album and a tour to promote it with either the current lineup or probably AFD5 which would obviously be our all favorite option but very unlikely to happen 

They can't just keep on touring without changing anything, they already went from stadiums to arenas in the US and played to half-empty venues in Europe, they need something to build up the excitement again

a) I don't think it's the case

b) impossible

c) fantasy

d) possible

e) unlikely

2 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

Some options -

A) nothing

D) new album

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sorry if someone post it here already

But this is really kickass nightrain!

Axl sounds great here, a little bit tired and rough at some notes but you can hear he tries really hard to give his best. If some cracks and timing issues weren't there this would be comparable to 2016 Nightrains

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sl4yer said:

Axl sounds great here, a little bit tired and rough at some notes but you can hear he tries really hard to give his best. If some cracks and timing issues weren't there this would be comparable to 2016 Nightrains

Nice! After the last 2 years and 8 months of shows that's pretty cool. I know some of the people who religiously watch the streams etc say that they've been on auto-pilot for ages but if that's auto-pilot it's 100% better than poor Johnny Bongiovi is doing right now, hanging for dear life off his mic stand like a deer in headlights and straining every muscle in his face and neck to try and barely squeak out the songs on his last record which were recorded with zero high notes or challenging parts as it is. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, sl4yer said:

He sounds a little tired and rough, cracks and timing issues but it still kicks ass?

Nightrain has been or at least used to be one of their most consistent songs this tour but that one didn't sound that great.. Always better in person though. I am actually not a huge fan of that forced deep rasp voice he uses during the verses. Just doesn't sound good. I think he uses the same voice at the end of CD right? I guess he is trying to do what he can with what he's got. 

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

He sounds a little tired and rough, cracks and timing issues but it still kicks ass?

Nightrain has been or at least used to be one of their most consistent songs this tour but that one didn't sound that great.. Always better in person though. I am actually not a huge fan of that forced deep rasp voice he uses during the verses. Just doesn't sound good. I think he uses the same voice at the end of CD right? I guess he is trying to do what he can with what he's got. 

I don't think timing issues were his fault. Sounding tired is understandable since it's after touring for nearly 3 years.

Well,it's interesting because i think this deep raspy voice isn't actually forced. It seems to be easy for him. Tbh I think it sounds awesome. 

And yeah this is still kick-ass Nightrain because this is not opera but ending of 3 hours long show, and ending of long tour. 

In topic of ChD, this sounds great too

• Like 1