12/08/18 - Honolulu, Hawaii - Aloha Stadium [Last show of the tour]

alfierose

7 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Nice! After the last 2 years and 8 months of shows that's pretty cool. I know some of the people who religiously watch the streams etc say that they've been on auto-pilot for ages but if that's auto-pilot it's 100% better than poor Johnny Bongiovi is doing right now, hanging for dear life off his mic stand like a deer in headlights and straining every muscle in his face and neck to try and barely squeak out the songs on his last record which were recorded with zero high notes or challenging parts as it is. 

Funny you should mention that. They played in Aus last weekend. My sister is a huge bon jovi fan and was glad she didnt pony up the money. Tickets wernt cheap either.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/no-blaze-of-glory-as-bon-jovi-coasts-on-audience-goodwill-20181209-p50l5d.html

1 hour ago, sl4yer said:

I don't think timing issues were his fault. Sounding tired is understandable since it's after touring for nearly 3 years.

Well,it's interesting because i think this deep raspy voice isn't actually forced. It seems to be easy for him. Tbh I think it sounds awesome. 

And yeah this is still kick-ass Nightrain because this is not opera but ending of 3 hours long show, and ending of long tour. 

In topic of ChD, this sounds great too

I dont know anout being tired from touring. They usually land 2 days before the gig. There has been no winter shows as their schedule has been around each countries summer period. So they shoukd be well rested and climatised to whatever countries weather. Whether they eat right, excercise and keep them selves in shape is another question. Plus they are only "working" for 3 and abit hours.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Funny you should mention that. They played in Aus last weekend. My sister is a huge bon jovi fan and was glad she didnt pony up the money. Tickets wernt cheap either.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/no-blaze-of-glory-as-bon-jovi-coasts-on-audience-goodwill-20181209-p50l5d.html

Funny because their official account was posting glowing reviews from Sydney which didn't mention his vocals once. But I do feel sorry for Jon, despite the records being largely awful since 1995. Because if this was still a business where you made money selling records and tours were just a promotion tactic I think he'd be finished by now with live shows.

As for Axl, I wouldn't search out a bootleg from the last two years but if he can maintain something like that Nightrain he'll be alright. You never know, he might come out the gates like Hammerstein 2006 next time if he has something to prove i.e. new music to get over. 

3 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Funny because their official account was posting glowing reviews from Sydney which didn't mention his vocals once. But I do feel sorry for Jon, despite the records being largely awful since 1995. Because if this was still a business where you made money selling records and tours were just a promotion tactic I think he'd be finished by now with live shows.

As for Axl, I wouldn't search out a bootleg from the last two years but if he can maintain something like that Nightrain he'll be alright. You never know, he might come out the gates like Hammerstein 2006 next time if he has something to prove i.e. new music to get over. 

Yep agree, i think he needs to go back to the same songwriting that he did from the  "keep the faith " album. That was their last good album, with the amount of songs that gad good hit singles.The band has made shit records since then , delved into country type music and they just dont know what sort of music  genre to be apart of. Jons vocals are no longer there and they need to write good music to fit his vocals because i dont see bon jovi being around for a long time.

Edited by Sydney Fan

On 12.12.2018 at 2:21 PM, DieselDaisy said:

My gawd. They have even ''skeletonized'' the dancing Hula girl! Is there nothing this band can't turn into a skeleton?

I know you love to bitch about everything cause youre cool af, but these artworks are made by artists, not the band. You can now find another thread to show everyone how cool you are.:headbang:

Edited by RageKage
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, RageKage said:

I know you love to bitch about everything cause youre cool af, but these artworks are made by artists, not the band. You can now find another thread to show everyone how cool you are.:headbang:

Well they're good artists - I'm not disputing that - but me ''cool'', or with aspirations towards ''coolness''? Polo shirt wearing cricket tragic with a penchant for opera, ''cool''? I'm basically about the most cool person to have ever graced humanity haha. If they genetically cloned somebody to represent everything that is not cool, I'd be the outcome.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well they're good artists - I'm not disputing that - but me ''cool'', or with aspirations towards ''coolness''? Polo shirt wearing cricket tragic with a penchant for opera, ''cool''? I'm basically about the most cool person to have ever graced humanity haha. If they genetically cloned somebody to represent everything that is not cool, I'd be the outcome.

Cool

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6.1.2019 at 1:52 AM, nycgunner said:

Great videos Patrick!  I have some good ones from the center part of the pit. Just hesitant to upload bc of the video banning issue on here 

Thanks. I've posted videos of every GNR show I've attended and so far haven't had a problem.

• 4 weeks later...