The Most Depressing Album Of All Time ?

oldnews

• 1 month later...
On 21/10/2018 at 11:18 AM, Nicklord said:

I have to add this one. It's about his wife who passed a way in 2016

Have you ever listened to sun kil moon? 

Very much like this.

Check out the song Carissa if you haven't already. Incredibly sad and beautiful. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19.10.2018 at 3:01 PM, Sosso said:

Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy 

That album is full of depressive lyrics. 

The moment I saw this thread, I knew someone would mention Chinese Democracy.

I wouldn't call it the most depressing album though, since it has a lot of empowering lyric also. Especially on Scraped, but also on some other songs.

There's albums that are way more depressing from beginning to the end.

Didn't It Rain by Songs:Ohia. Jason Molina never got due credit for his abilities, and he died pretty young. Put that album on and try not to let it drag you down. its like Jason Isbell if he never went into rehab and just kept getting darker.  

• 2 weeks later...

probably https://sl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinajst_(album) cause most (nearly) all soNGs on the album are picturing exe.act(L,y) what was goin on in my o0wn life at the time when album was published. the title is my  ho(me) address number. then soNG by so0NG, my misery just in such be(A,u,TI,full) tuNES. 

lets go thru them:

1. time for revolution (what is my(SS,elf) doin on 4th dimensional c(y,beer) lines like for 18 years

2. animal farm (i have animal farm with go(at,SSS), ho(r,SS,E(S)), heNs,...

3. strangers (i live alone with my parents, my animals, in my mA3x, im just a stranger nearly all of my life)

4. Girl from netted/crossed window (this would be direct trans(LA,t(ion)), more accurate would be Girl from barred window, cause there i was when album came out. behind bars of mental closed ward, cause of my beloved SS elf) :facepalm:

5. you and me and Ether(N,IT,y) (mySSelf on the miss(ion), taking over the www.or.LD, as useUall :facepalm:

6. let blood pour on E(N,TI,r,E) world  (TI= target individual, just same shit my alt(E,r) is :vomit:around 

7. stress of gen(E,rat,ion) (just Watt Eva is doin n make me -> :smiley-confused2:)

8. love romance (the one i cant get #not in this life time, cause i liked just men that likes White Dust more then me, obviously, im shit magnet. no discusion about dat. ) 

9. white dust ( just about the guys i like the most, keeping them in r=radius, away from my 3D body, cause i dont need this 4 dimensional demon that is ruling their lives :// ) 

10. dark clouds (maybe about the day that i've invited the band at my place n throw them a party, making them siGN on their album, under lyrics that say: you are not you, (added the name of my alter), i know who you are (added my real name), just to finish the a(gon,y) i was goin thru, but then, back to this soNG, after i was invited to their show, that was in the area with a lot of wind, like the lyrics says, but cause they didnt siGN me under my real name, but under my firm, i entered late, right when siNGer was si(NG,i,NG) "and the death came" :facepalm: whatta be(A,u,TI) a(gain) 

11. Elfs and cater(pill<AR>,SS) (just about my(SS,elfs) and ... :facepalm: again)

12. on the other side (another dream land of 4th dimensional E(N,TI,TI,SSS) dat are :vomit:outta my m(in,D) ) 

13. thirteen (i was at Axl's gates on 13th J(AN) 2019

etc,..  i like their soNGs, but still... how can i blame them 

i met the band long after, in 2015, while serving them on banquet, n then had to live throug also some other shit. just great. :facepalm:

12 hours ago, EvanG said:

I have a nostalgic fondness for a lot of that music now so I don't change the station whenever I hear East 17 or Ace of Base. (and to be fair, they did have some good pop songs)

Yeah something like Right Said Fred is alright. There’s something about hearing the boy and girl bands in a row with a Mariah or that canadian woman. It has this cheap plastic Mills and Boon melancholy to it. The nostalgia makes me feel depressed. Even now the uniformity of the hip pop has a sort of cattle herded to slaughter vibe. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Len Cnut said:

You're a Suicide fan?  Who'd've thunk it.  I saw them open for The Stooges.  Alan Vega was a fuckin' nutcase back in the day.

I don't know that I'd say I'm a fan. I read a book something like 261 best albums since punk and disco and it mentioned that album, so I gave it a listen. I haven't heard it in a few years though, Frankie Teardrop kinda gave me the heebie jeebies.