Paradise City - Live version on Absolute Radio in UK

Randomly heard a live version of Paradise City on the radio today but no idea exactly where it was taken from? Doesn’t sound like Live era - anyone know what source it was likely taken from - I’m thinking maybe the Las Vegas release but really not sure. 🤔 

9 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Randomly heard a live version of Paradise City on the radio today but no idea exactly where it was taken from? Doesn’t sound like Live era - anyone know what source it was likely taken from - I’m thinking maybe the Las Vegas release but really not sure.  

Freddie Mercury tribute from Wembley '92?

• Like 1

No - but it sounded like CD-era vocals as opposed to UYI but there was what sounded like female backing singers too. Guitars sounded beefed up. I missed the end so dunno who he was shouting out to in terms of ‘goodnight’!

Will need to listen to my copy of LV and see if I can match them up. Still - odd for U.K. radio to pick a live version for playing.

29 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

No - but it sounded like CD-era vocals as opposed to UYI but there was what sounded like female backing singers too. Guitars sounded beefed up. I missed the end so dunno who he was shouting out to in terms of ‘goodnight’!

Will need to listen to my copy of LV and see if I can match them up. Still - odd for U.K. radio to pick a live version for playing.

i think you can check on the Absolute website what tracks they have played, worth a try

Was it the rock channel?

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Without of having heard it, and not taking Live Era into consideration, maybe from the LA Forum broadcast from Sirius in 2017?  Melissa could have been the female backup vocals you heard and the broadcast could have been guitar heavy as well

Just a random shot in the dark haha again this is just a random stab in the dark

Just listened to the LV version - definitely not that one. Vocals on the version from radio were far better. So - potentially the Forum now.....and from what I remember there were no firework explosions at the whistle which would suggest deffo indoor....🤔

As an aside, it was a very good version so if it that was the quality of the overall show it must have been a topper. Worth checking out anyway.

Edited by DTJ80
Updated

44 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Just listened to the LV version - definitely not that one. Vocals on the version from radio were far better. So - potentially the Forum now.....

As an aside, it was a very good version so if it that was the quality of the overall show it must have been a topper. Worth checking out anyway.

Here's the Forum. Was this it?

47 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Here's the Forum. Was this it?

To begin with I thought so but vocally it was much better than that. In terms of background vocals it was the same so deffo think it’s from this tour. The latter part differed as well in terms of the solo.

How about one of the nights from Coachella? They streamed “Nightrain” in the Guns’ channel last year, so maybe “Paradise City” from one of the two nights was recorded in soundboard too. Maybe they’re planning on releasing a live album of the tour and maybe “Paradise City” is from one of the Coachella’s nights. It’s just a suggestion.

It seems like, unless they we're teasing something new, they'd have to play something legal for them to play, i.e. 

Las Vegas, 1992 - Live Era

The O2 arena show from 2012 (circulated to various outlets, I've personally watched it on VH1 classic here in the states). It's not Sirius or affiliated with them right? So no Apollo or Forum show. Unless these guys played something bootleg that's a gem, or perhaps GN'R is releasing a live album.. I doubt we wouldn't have had articles from crap websites like Blabbermouth already. Hmm seems perplexing. I'm not sure I've even heard live stuff like that, unless it was a special from a station or just popular single like Bob Seger's - Turn the Page

So - listened to each of the above and it sounds closest to the Houston gig in terms of vocals etc although it was a properly mixed track. Don’t think it was that gig per se but closer.

I did notice when it was playing there were no ‘Mickey’ vocals so that narrows it a tiny bit! 😂

27 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Is it possible to hear it again... 😊

According to their website they have only played it that once in 30 days!!

https://absoluteradio.co.uk/music/guns-n-roses-5377/paradise-city-live--13938/

I have e-mailed the radio station to ask the source of the recording so let’s see what I get back. 👍

Edited by DTJ80
Update
  • Like 2