Paradise City - Live version on Absolute Radio in UK

15 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

the only thing we can do, write a email to the radio station. DTJ80 did it, I did it, but no answer.

Hoping that because it’s a Sunday that may explain a delay in the response. Really odd the song has only been played the once?!

2 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

This thread represents GNR Fans expectation in 2018

vs

What other bands offer to their fans: https://www.metallica.com/store/justice/

It's just sad what we've become...

I'm sure being told this the 1000th time in the last 20 years is sure productive. I don't disagree, I wish I could buy soundboards and have new albums; but that's just not the reality. Don't have to keep putting salt in the wound at every junction.

• Like 3

Just now, UsedYourIllusion said:

I'm sure being told this the 1000th time in the last 20 years is sure productive. I don't disagree, I wish I could buy soundboards and have new albums; but that's just not the reality. Don't have to keep putting salt in the wound at every junction.

I hear you my friend, sorry if it hurts but I just had to express my feeling of how dramatic the situation is for us fans. sorry if that hurt. no hard feelings.

cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Does Absolute have a replay of their streams "On Demand"? If so and you can remember roughly when, we could check?

It was played at 2:29pm on Friday but that’s all I can get. I was in the car and hit the info button but got no further information like ‘live from...’.

14 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

It was played at 2:29pm on Friday but that’s all I can get. I was in the car and hit the info button but got no further information like ‘live from...’.

But man, without disrespect, you cant even tell if it's from the UYI era or the CD era? That's easy to tell based on Axl's voice... And that would certainly make things a lot easier.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

But man, without disrespect, you cant even tell if it's from the UYI era or the CD era? That's easy to tell based on Axl's voice... And that would certainly make things a lot easier.

Oh - I’m sure it’s a CD to NITL era recording without doubt. My UYI comment was the fact there was what sounded like female backing singers but this could have been Melissa. 👍

And it was Axl on a good night too as it was vocally on point and not ‘Mickey’. Who knew this would turn into such a saga!! 😆

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Oh - I’m sure it’s a CD to NITL era recording without doubt. My UYI comment was the fact there was what sounded like female backing singers but this could have been Melissa. 👍

And it was Axl on a good night too as it was vocally on point and not ‘Mickey’. Who knew this would turn into such a saga!! 😆

...female backing singers?

3 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

...female backing singers?

I am sure during the UYI tour there was a spell where they had backing singers?? Unless I am losing my marbles!!! I seem to recollect there was some at the Tokyo gig but that could be nonsense......

58 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Very revealing question about the time period it was from. Did Axl time the whistle correctly?

I think it was ‘off’ but now struggling to recollect as it was on Friday I heard it!! 😆

3 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I am sure during the UYI tour there was a spell where they had backing singers?? Unless I am losing my marbles!!! I seem to recollect there was some at the Tokyo gig but that could be nonsense......

I think it was ‘off’ but now struggling to recollect as it was on Friday I heard it!! 😆

Yes, Tracey and Roberta. They were present for the entirety of '92.

On 10/21/2018 at 1:12 AM, DTJ80 said:

So - listened to each of the above and it sounds closest to the Houston gig in terms of vocals etc although it was a properly mixed track. Don’t think it was that gig per se but closer.

I did notice when it was playing there were no ‘Mickey’ vocals so that narrows it a tiny bit! 😂

I can’t recall the last time I heard Paradise City post-1993 that didn’t have Mickey vocals. I suppose, to some degree, 2006 but still...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Was the song speeded up or in its normal time? Other question, was the female backing vocal composed by one singer only or it seemed more than one woman singing?

Edited by diegodasilva23

I've listened to a lot live versions of PC and might have take a guess, but, unfortunately, due to region restrictions, I can't even listen to it. So, here's some tips:
1. if Axl sings an opening verse twice incl. over Slash's (or whatever he's) solo this is definetely something from a "New Era", particulary after 2010 when he started to do it on regular basis. If he doesn't and sounds good - something before 2010 for sure but depending on voice qiality it may be before or after 2006. 
2. Speaking of Freddie Mercury's Tribute, he screamed "Shove It" in the opening verse after "oh, won't you take me home". Check it out.
3. If he changes the first main verse's lyrics to "I'm a hard case fuckin' tough to beat" - that's 100% from 91-93.  
4. Sometimes at the opening part Axl sings "Oh, won't you take me home" and sometimes "Won't you take home" - the latter one was mostly in a Classic Era. 
5. He usually says the city's/country's name at the end. 
6. The opening solo sounds different from Slash and others: the top hat guy does it more smoothly, with his guitar really upfront and in the other case the sound mixed differently.

Overall, don't think that's something new. Bet on some rip from video or FM broadcast. Doubt that it's Freddie Mercury tribute, as it was mixed poorly during FM-Live and the other version is on Blu-Ray and it's under a license only for Home Entertainment. Suppose, if it was "Live Era" or "Tokyo 92" everyone would recognise it, so don't know, maybe Nurnberg 2006. 

Edited by nikothebellic

1 hour ago, nikothebellic said:

I've listened to a lot live versions of PC and might have take a guess, but, unfortunately, due to region restrictions, I can't even listen to it. So, here's some tips:
1. if Axl sings an opening verse twice incl. over Slash's (or whatever he's) solo this is definetely something from a "New Era", particulary after 2010 when he started to do it on regular basis. If he doesn't and sounds good - something before 2010 for sure but depending on voice qiality it may be before or after 2006. 
2. Speaking of Freddie Mercury's Tribute, he screamed "Shove It" in the opening verse after "oh, won't you take me home". Check it out.
3. If he changes the first main verse's lyrics to "I'm a hard case fuckin' tough to beat" - that's 100% from 91-93.  
4. Sometimes at the opening part Axl sings "Oh, won't you take me home" and sometimes "Won't you take home" - the latter one was mostly in a Classic Era. 
5. He usually says the city's/country's name at the end. 
6. The opening solo sounds different from Slash and others: the top hat guy does it more smoothly, with his guitar really upfront and in the other case the sound mixed differently.

Overall, don't think that's something new. Bet on some rip from video or FM broadcast. Doubt that it's Freddie Mercury tribute, as it was mixed poorly during FM-Live and the other version is on Blu-Ray and it's under a license only for Home Entertainment. Suppose, if it was "Live Era" or "Tokyo 92" everyone would recognise it, so don't know, maybe Nurnberg 2006. 

Cracking observations - problem is it’s only been on the radio once with no chance of hearing it again so I’m just trying to remember what I can!

No response to my e-mail or Tweet either so the other option is to request it again but due to work commitments I won’t hear it!!

Unfortunately as it was on the radio there is zero chance of ‘replaying’ the segment it was played.