Paradise City - Live version on Absolute Radio in UK

If I was to guess I'd say it's from Coachella. Axl sounded really good in that show and there aren't many shows this tour that he nailed PC, plus we already know they have a complete soundboard recording given that Nightrain from that show was aired last year. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Caedo said:

If I was to guess I'd say it's from Coachella. Axl sounded really good in that show and there aren't many shows this tour that he nailed PC, plus we already know they have a complete soundboard recording given that Nightrain from that show was aired last year. 

Just listened to it and I think you maybe onto something as although it was an audience recording on YouTube it’s close to what I thought I heard!!!

You may have cracked it!!! 👍

Edited by DTJ80
Include footage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Just listened to it and I think you maybe onto something as although it was an audience recording on YouTube it’s close to what I thought I heard!!!

You may have cracked it!!! 👍

I said that in my first post too. Let’s hope it’s true or it’s even better than Coachella’s nights.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

At the end of the song did Axl do the "Thank you CITY NAME HERE! Good fucking night!" bit?

The only times he didn't do that were when Paradise City didn't close the show (pre-Use Your Illusion Tour) and at the Freddie Mercury Tribute

Typically I didn’t catch it as was in the car mid-conversation! 😂 That would have been a big identifier as he did say where it was. As noted above - if I had to pick one based on the samples it would seem Coachella was the gig it was taken from.

Edited by DTJ80

8 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

On a totally different note, it would be cool if they opened Paradise City how they did at Music Machine '86.

I was just thinking about this! How even just changing the song placement of the setlist could give things a fresh vibe.  Imagine a show starting off with PC followed by Nightrain and ending with stuff like Jungle in the encore - it would be an interesting switch up

On 22/10/2018 at 9:47 PM, diegodasilva23 said:

I said that in my first post too. Let’s hope it’s true or it’s even better than Coachella’s nights.

Only right to give you props on this too as you did shout out early doors this could be an option - I must have overlooked your original post. A very good shout and well done!! 👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, diegodasilva23 said:

Any news?

As noted above - it seems like it was from Coachella. The footage online makes it sound like what I heard AND apparently other songs from that gig have been played on the radio. Got nothing back from the radio station but fairly confident it was that gig. 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, diegodasilva23 said:

If it is true, do you think the band will release a live album?

god i hope not.. seeing them live is one thing, sounds good. On tape, Axl sounds awful on SCOM, You Could Be Mine, PC, Coma, pretty much anything with vocal range. When all is said and done i don't want Live Era and a NITL tour album to be their live collection..

49 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

god i hope not.. seeing them live is one thing, sounds good. On tape, Axl sounds awful on SCOM, You Could Be Mine, PC, Coma, pretty much anything with vocal range. When all is said and done i don't want Live Era and a NITL tour album to be their live collection..

They released AFDemocracy which has basically that, I think there was also a cd edition, luckily it isn't on shops or spotify, that would have ruined everything, but they uploaded You Could Be Mine from that show to YouTube, I think that was a very bad decision

2 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

If the right gig was chosen for recording then it would be fine (as Coachella seemed ok) - there were occasions where he was great - but the more the tour went on the more the problems arose.

1 hour ago, fanfzero said:

They released AFDemocracy which has basically that, I think there was also a cd edition, luckily it isn't on shops or spotify, that would have ruined everything, but they uploaded You Could Be Mine from that show to YouTube, I think that was a very bad decision

I got the 3D edition. I always go right to Rocket Queen on any live recording to judge performance and must admit my heart sank when I listened to the AFDemocracy version - sounds like it was a bad choice to record them at that time as vocally it’s choppy.

The whole era was "vocally choppy" – would it have been really thought through, they would have released something from 2010.

As for Coachella, when you think about it, it would not be a bad choice. I mean, you can’t get anything better (vocally) anyway, can you.

Also, who says it has to be from a single show? Ministry released Sphinctour in 2002, which was an amalgam of ca 1996 gig recordings, and it was fucking awesome.

Edited by jamillos

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

The whole era was "vocally choppy" – would it have been really thought through, they would have released something from 2010.

As for Coachella, when you think about it, it would not be a bad choice. I mean, you can’t get anything better (vocally) anyway, can you.

Also, who says it has to be from a single show? Ministry released Sphinctour in 2002, which was an amalgam of ca 1996 gig recordings, and it was fucking awesome.

I don't think the should release the coachella show.. Axl running around the stage is a big part of their show, the shows always lacked something even though the vocals were great 

Imo a show from the 2016 NA leg would be great (Houston would be the best) or a show from NA 2017,where the vocals were solid as well 

• Like 2