Axl/DC Was in Negotiations to Play in ROCK IN RIO 2019

ChristmasFnatic

Roberto Medina: "About four months ago, I tried to hire AC / DC with Axl (Rose from Guns N'Roses) on the vocals. Everyone knows I have a crush on Guns, although Axl is not exactly an easy-going person - but that's fine, he's special and therefore deserves special treatment.We got to talk and I'm sure it would be great, but the negotiations have not advanced."

https://g1.globo.com/pop-arte/musica/rock-in-rio/2019/noticia/2018/10/02/apos-um-ano-sem-dia-do-metal-rock-in-rio-2019-volta-as-origens-e-roberto-medina-explica.ghtml

So does this mean they will still tour together? Or maybe it fell cuz Axl wants GN'R instead? 

• Like 2

On 21/10/2018 at 7:48 PM, IncitingChaos said:

Axl would have put the River Plate show to shame!

On 21/10/2018 at 8:58 PM, T-Minus said:

I respectfully disagree.  No Malcolm, No Cliff, No Brian and maybe no Phil = No way.

Live at River Plate is actually my least favourite concert film/live album from AC/DC. It was actually the crowd that amazed me the most. 

Edited by Sosso

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:53 AM, Sosso said:

Live at River Plate is actually my least favourite concert film/live album from AC/DC. It was actually the crowd that amazed me the most. 

Malcolm's last tour, Phil Rudd being there make it unbeatable to anything they have done since for me.  Malcolm is irreplaceable

59 minutes ago, T-Minus said:

Malcolm's last tour, Phil Rudd being there make it unbeatable to anything they have done since for me.  Malcolm is irreplaceable

Just because they were there? That's a very weak argument for me. I thought that Phil used to be a better drummer in the 70's and 90's and Malcolm was already suffering from dementia. 

But you're right, Malcolm is irreplaceable in the songwriting department. 

Edited by Sosso

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

Just because they were there? That's a very weak argument for me. I thought that Phil used to be a better drummer in the 70's and 90's and Malcolm was already suffering from dementia. 

I’m with you. Phil totally phoned it in on River Plate. There’s so many missed fills and accents that he doesn’t even bother with that it takes away from the songs for me. But it’s not just him. The whole band seems tired.

Despite the amazing crowd, they should have picked an earlier show. Brian was fresh from throat surgery and the tour had already been going for a year so he’s pretty rough, and the rest of the band seems drained. Malcolm’s guitar tone is weak (of course we now know the poor guy was struggling to remember the songs let alone pick as heavy as he was known for) and Angus’ energy just isn’t his usual self.

Also sorely missed are some of the extra songs from that tour (High Voltage, Anything Goes).

Definitely not my favourite concert film of theirs to watch. Even with Brian’s shit vocals Stiff Upper Lip Live makes for a more enjoyable experience.

• Like 1

On 21/10/2018 at 11:40 AM, ChristmasFnatic said:

Roberto Medina: "About four months ago, I tried to hire AC / DC with Axl (Rose from Guns N'Roses) on the vocals. Everyone knows I have a crush on Guns, although Axl is not exactly an easy-going person - but that's fine, he's special and therefore deserves special treatment.We got to talk and I'm sure it would be great, but the negotiations have not advanced."

https://g1.globo.com/pop-arte/musica/rock-in-rio/2019/noticia/2018/10/02/apos-um-ano-sem-dia-do-metal-rock-in-rio-2019-volta-as-origens-e-roberto-medina-explica.ghtml

So does this mean they will still tour together? Or maybe it fell cuz Axl wants GN'R instead? 

It means that Brian is back.

• Like 1

On 25/10/2018 at 3:31 PM, WAR™ said:

the Axl/Dc chapter it's over...

Yes, i think there will be no more axl/dc but whatever angus is doing now with this lineup of acdc is the last. Im sure axl and angus will work togethet in sone other project i think thats a given. But axls vocals doesnt have time on its side.

Edited by Sydney Fan

23 hours ago, Sosso said:

Malcolm on his worst day (which incidentally is still absolutely outstanding) is better than Stevie.  No disrespect to Stevie but his sound and tightness and backing vocals are far and away from Mal's level.  Same with Chris Slade's drumming.  The band is a totally different beast when either one, let alone both are missing.

10 hours ago, cineater said:

https://www.regioactive.de/news/2018/10/25/gehen-ac-dc-im-sommer-2019-auf-tour-bg7WrPrdfm.html

Rumored June 29th in Germany.

And there's something about a piano coming off the ac/dc forum.  We have a piano player.

In 2015 Germany was the 1st RUMORED show/date it came true

Bit like Axl on N.Rain..............