Do You Always Buy GN'R Merchandise During Concerts?

I always try to get front row so merch is tricky. On the NITL tour the merch stands outside the venue opened a couple hours before the gates opened, so I got merch and ran it back to the hotel while my spot in line was held. I got some shirts in Vegas 2016 and got lithos at the other shows. At the 2012-14 residencies they sold merch in the store outside the venue so I got a shirt there, and in 2011 I was lucky enough to get shirts picked up for me at a show I didn't attend. In 2010 I got some shirts and stuck them in the belt loops on my jeans but that was a special circumstance as far as getting in the venue. :lol:

Btw, I bought 3 lithos at the Gorge '17 show. One is in my living room, one's in my dads office, and one went to a poster on here. I had lots of time to go back to the campsite and put them in the truck.

I'm more focused on getting the best possible spot, however my friend who was with me in Berlin got a t-shirt and it's one of the nicest I've seen, so was a bit disappointed I never made the effort to grab one.

Managed to grab a few tees in at the shows I was at last year though.

I usually get a shirt. I got one for Chicago 1 in 2016 and a shirt/trucker hat July 27th in St. Louis. I couldn't afford merch at the Minneapolis show 3 days later and was still broke when the Milwaukee show rolled around in November. I'll probably buy a shirt at the next show in my area

I always thought GNR merch was way overpriced but then I went to a Radiohead concert... Foo Fighters have the most wallet-friendly prices from big bands I've attended, and maybe that's why the lines are consistently moving all show long.

On topic, I'll usually buy 1 tshirt, and a lithograph if i really like it.

I bought a shirt at the Vegas shows because I wanted to. Then I bought a shirt at the Detroit more or less becuase I felt like I should. I didn't even like it but I bought it because I felt like I should. Then it sat in my closet for over a year before I finally gave it to @ZoSoRose

Lesson learned. 

I probably won't buy another piece of GNR merch at a show unless they're touring for a new album and the shirt is a tie in with that. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I typically never buy merch at any concert, its just not my thing.  I also have no interest in autographs or photo's or anything like that.

I did make an exception for Guns though.  They are my favorite band and finally back together, so I bought a hoodie. 

It was expensive but I wear hoodies a lot since the weather is so cold in Ireland :D