Do You Always Buy GN'R Merchandise During Concerts?

I dont, merch just doesn't interest me and I choose to wear mostly used clothing for reasons that are important to me. But at the Toronto NITL my friends couldn't wrap their heads around me not buying a shirt and I could tell they thought it meant that I didn't value the experience with them or whatever. So I bought a shirt along with them. Im that guy who impulsively cuts the sleeves off of t-shirts and scoops the neck out a little. Yeah, they were horrified to see that the following week, lol.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I bought a shirt at the Vegas shows because I wanted to. Then I bought a shirt at the Detroit more or less becuase I felt like I should. I didn't even like it but I bought it because I felt like I should. Then it sat in my closet for over a year before I finally gave it to @ZoSoRose

Lesson learned. 

I probably won't buy another piece of GNR merch at a show unless they're touring for a new album and the shirt is a tie in with that. 

Wear it all the time. Wore it yesterday in fact :)

I'm only interested in lithographs. I generally stopped buying tees at shows a long time ago. I did get a few NITL ones, though, since the tour was important to me

I do wish i bought the blue Chicago mob skeleton shirt. I have the litho which is really cool

Edited by ZoSoRose

Never bought any merch on a GnR concert. I don’t think their visuals look good. Other bands do it better. GnR’s choice of colors especially, also, the lack of graphic-ness of their visuals... not to my taste. It’s all too overloaded. Sorry not sorry :lol:

Edited by Tori72

21 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I bought a shirt at the Vegas shows because I wanted to. Then I bought a shirt at the Detroit more or less becuase I felt like I should. I didn't even like it but I bought it because I felt like I should. Then it sat in my closet for over a year before I finally gave it to @ZoSoRose

Lesson learned. 

I probably won't buy another piece of GNR merch at a show unless they're touring for a new album and the shirt is a tie in with that. 

I still haven't worn the Detroit shirt. I should sell it, seeing as it's ugly as fuck. 

That Detroit shit is the only piece of GN'R merch I've bought firsthand since the reunion. I think 99% of the designs, even for the event shirts, are hilariously cringey. That said, I did get @Amir to grab me the Japanese tour shirt with the swords n' roses. That, and the Tokyo Godzilla shirt are by far the best designs of the whole tour. 

• Like 1

Still bitter that all those Tokyo tees sold out super early, even by 12pm on the 2nd day :/

Just realised I haven't bought any merch on NITL; came close to buying the Prague "Pravda" tee but was a little short of cash and they didn't take card.

Edited by Amir
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Amir said:

Still bitter that all those Tokyo tees sold out super early, even by 12pm on the 2nd day :/

Just realised I haven't bought any merch on NITL; came close to buying the Prague "Pravda" tee but was a little short of cash and they didn't take card.

I'm glad the lithos didn't! Thanks, again =)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I still haven't worn the Detroit shirt. I should sell it, seeing as it's ugly as fuck. 

That Detroit shit is the only piece of GN'R merch I've bought firsthand since the reunion. I think 99% of the designs, even for the event shirts, are hilariously cringey. That said, I did get @Amir to grab me the Japanese tour shirt with the swords n' roses. That, and the Tokyo Godzilla shirt are by far the best designs of the whole tour. 

I LOVE the Detroit one! Its so colorful! Its become one of my favorite litho designs, although I think the "FORD Field" and then a Corvette is sort of silly! Should have had an old Ford GT40!

Also, the Tokyo Godzilla is awesome

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I LOVE the Detroit one! Its so colorful! Its become one of my favorite litho designs, although I think the "FORD Field" and then a Corvette is sort of silly! Should have had an old Ford GT40!

This is more than likely the reason why a black C2 vette with a red stinger was used: http://www.superchevy.com/features/vemp-1107-1966-chevrolet-corvette/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Also, the Tokyo Godzilla is awesome

Is that the one with the engine on the shirt. I do like the miami with the miami vice one...corny but i thought it looked good.

Fun fact=

I went to the pop-up store in London and because I was one of the first so-many, I received a free T-shirt. It was the ugliest tour T-shirt that they had on sale at the merch booths of the gigs. So I went to one of the merch booths with my shirt and said I regretted buying that one and was able to exchange it for the local date one. 

• Haha 3