Do You Always Buy GN'R Merchandise During Concerts?

6 hours ago, The Black said:

Fun fact=

I went to the pop-up store in London and because I was one of the first so-many, I received a free T-shirt. It was the ugliest tour T-shirt that they had on sale at the merch booths of the gigs. So I went to one of the merch booths with my shirt and said I regretted buying that one and was able to exchange it for the local date one. 

Are you talking about the pop-up at John Varvatos?

First 50 got a choice of a free tee, you weren’t restricted from what I recall. I got the NITL bloody bullet and purchased the Fighter Jet with my own funds. 

On 23/10/2018 at 5:59 AM, RussTCB said:

I bought a shirt at the Vegas shows because I wanted to. Then I bought a shirt at the Detroit more or less becuase I felt like I should. I didn't even like it but I bought it because I felt like I should. Then it sat in my closet for over a year before I finally gave it to @ZoSoRose

Lesson learned. 

I probably won't buy another piece of GNR merch at a show unless they're touring for a new album and the shirt is a tie in with that. 

Why did you feel like you needed to? 🤔

I also have never bought any t-shirts or merch at a gnr show. If they'd released the Chinese democracy red hand t-shirt I'd have bought that, or the hand grenade one in a greater then I'd have got one... But the other tshirts and merch has done nothing for me, and I already own gnr tshirts.

Edited by Tom2112

42 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Why did you feel like you needed to? 🤔

I also have never bought any t-shirts or merch at a gnr show. If they'd released the Chinese democracy red hand t-shirt I'd have bought that, or the hand grenade one in a greater then I'd have got one... But the other tshirts and merch has done nothing for me, and I already own gnr tshirts.

I dunno really, lol. They opened the tour in my home town, they sold out the football stadium, I threw an all day pre-party at my house.... All of those added up to "I gotta buy the shirt, right?" in my head at the time lol

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I dunno really, lol. They opened the tour in my home town, they sold out the football stadium, I threw an all day pre-party at my house.... All of those added up to "I gotta buy the shirt, right?" in my head at the time lol

Ah! I get ya! I thought you meant that you owed it to the band or something 😅 more so to just commemorate the day! 

I bought a shirt in 2017. Never really buy shirts at concerts. Not a band T guy anymore. Plus I find the fit isn't what I'd prefer so I'm generally never the happiest with my shirt afterwards. But I get it, they wanna make the most money so they use the cheapest option. 

10 hours ago, nycgunner said:

Do you have a pic? Would love to see that shirt!

I actually went looking online for it yesterday because I want to buy another one. Here's what the front looks like:
https://www.umrock.com/men-s-robin-finck-t-shirt-black-cotton-p-262355.html

then on the very bottom on the back, it says "Guns N' Roses" in the lower case 'chinese' font

Never bought a single piece of merch, just some books and collected up to 40 bootlegs over the years. Maybe that's why the box set is so uninteresting to me. :lol:

Never bought a single piece of merch, just some books and collected up to 40 bootlegs over the years. Maybe that's why the box set is so uninteresting to me. :lol:

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I actually went looking online for it yesterday because I want to buy another one. Here's what the front looks like:
https://www.umrock.com/men-s-robin-finck-t-shirt-black-cotton-p-262355.html

then on the very bottom on the back, it says "Guns N' Roses" in the lower case 'chinese' font

Thanks for that. Found it on amazon and rockabillia but they are sold out. I feel like I recall seeing this at the 2002 show merch stand, but I could be wrong. 

Would love to find one too. Is this site legit? Think it also has the Gn’R 2002 logo on the back?

24 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Thanks for that. Found it on amazon and rockabillia but they are sold out. I feel like I recall seeing this at the 2002 show merch stand, but I could be wrong. 

Would love to find one too. Is this site legit? Think it also has the Gn’R 2002 logo on the back?

I have no idea honestly, but I'm seriously considering ordering one from there. 

50 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Thanks man. The site is a bit suspicious. The contact information is a gmail account. Don’t see any reviews online

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I'll probably give it a go and see what happens. I'll let you know how it goes. 

• Thanks 1

I'll buy stuff if it looks good. Passed on the UCAP stuff in 2012 because Philly (the show I was at) wasn't on the shirts, and I wasn't likely to wear a shirt that was just a woman's thonged ass. Got a Not In This Lifetime Jersey Devil shirt at MetLife as soon as I could find a stand that had em in my size though.