Garden of Eden doesn't get as much appreciation as it deserves

It is one of the songs most neutered by the production. I still enjoy it, but the thin guitars, weird effects, and this might just be a me thing but Matt Sorum's decision to hit a tom instead of the snare during the verses drives me crazy. The production murdered most of UYI.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Draguns said:

Don't Damn Me captures the AFD feel. That is probably GNR's most underrated song. I know Slash said that Axl has a hard time singing it live due to the spacing of the words in that song. However, I would LOVE to hear that live, especially since they played Coma. 

"Don't Damn Me" is awesome but I still don't feel the Appetite edge.  Maybe if Izzy was louder in the mix.. On Appetite is dirty guitar tones are in your face. 

2 hours ago, TeeJay410 said:

It is one of the songs most neutered by the production. I still enjoy it, but the thin guitars, weird effects, and this might just be a me thing but Matt Sorum's decision to hit a tom instead of the snare during the verses drives me crazy. The production murdered most of UYI.

The more time goes by, the more I agree with this.. It really worked on some songs like the "Epics" just not so much on the rockers.. The "thin" guitars is what they suffer from the most. 

I like the Mates Rehersal version with Adler better! What a surpriseeee. Has more bounce. And I guess it’s nowhere to be found now since the great purge? Cool beanssss thanks guys.

Production really takes the fun out of this one. I like it more than I used to, though... like most of the UYI stuff. 

Edited by Ant

4 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

he couldn't pull it off in 1993.. lol, great performance though, to open the show

Didnt know it was the start of the show. Well at least he was jazzing up the setlist abit and changing things compared to the predictable setlist we have now.