do you reckon axl is going to say anything about BRAZIL'S possible election of a right wing military extremist?

ludurigan

11 hours ago, Padme said:

Thanks. What about Congress and the Supreme Court? They can always stop madness if they do their job. And there is also the establishment. 

The thing is: the Congress and the Supreme Court are very fickle, the Congress is already taken by corrupt politicians and there's is already a chance and Bolsonaro already implied that they may shut down the Congress and the Supreme Court if they don't comply.

Here's what we are facing right now:

• Gays are being threatened: there is already cases of deaths, beatings and even rapes of gay people, just to shut them down.
  • Black people are being threatened: there is cases of explicit racism, swastica drawings, deaths and so on.
  • Women are being threatened: there is a couple of cases involving beatings, rape and torture.

What the future holds to us:

• Beatings
  • Rape
  • Torture
  • Press censorship
  • Friends disappearing
  • Economic failure
  • Hunger and inflation
  • The Amazon being vanished exponentially
  • People being separated from their families
  • The increase of criminality
  • Civil war, because now every dumb ass will be able to have a gun

The worst: everybody voting for Bolsonaro knows about that, but they don't care!!!

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Legendador said:

The thing is: the Congress and the Supreme Court are very fickle, the Congress is already taken by corrupt politicians and there's is already a chance and Bolsonaro already implied that they may shut down the Congress and the Supreme Court if they don't comply.

• Gays are being threatened: there is already cases of deaths, beatings and even rapes of gay people, just to shut them down.
  • Black people are being threatened: there is cases of explicit racism, swastica drawings, deaths and so on.
  • Women are being threatened: there is a couple of cases involving beatings, rape and torture.

• Beatings
  • Rape
  • Torture
  • Press censorship
  • Friends disappearing
  • Economic failure
  • Hunger and inflation

The worst: everybody voting for Bolsonaro knows about that, but they don't care!!!

The best case to yours Brazilian brothers would be that Bolsonaro like the majority of politics don't honor his promise and make the opposing that he promise now. I hope it at least👊

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

The best case to yours Brazilian brothers would be that Bolsonaro like the majority of politics don't honor his promise and make the opposing that he promise now. I hope it at least👊

See, at the end of the day he is just a vector for bad things.

The real problem lies in many people that are closeted homophobic, xenophobic, racist and whatever. Now they feel allowed and empowered to do bad things to others.

It is bizarre, you walk down the street and you just can feel like evil looks, people looking and behaving like villains, people saying and doing mean things to each other.

The best analogy I can think of is comparing it to that movie "The Purge" or that scene in "Constantine" when they are walking down the streets and all demons escape from Hell.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Legendador said:

• Beatings
  • Rape
  • Torture
  • Press censorship
  • Friends disappearing
  • Economic failure
  • Hunger and inflation

If that happens we will fight for you, guys! :unsure:

We'll march in Argentina for sure, will call the UN, Amnesty International, Brazil is too important for Latinamerica to go down the toilett that way..... if something like that happens, its not good for anyone!!

I don't think he will be able to do that, I don't know..... I don't think he will go that far! We will stand up for your rights!

• Thanks 2

This is exactly what happened with Macri here in Argentina. It's the power of the media. Having millions of people brainwashed by the big newspapers, spreading hate for a political party they can't even explain. They have absolutely no idea what they are getting into. Here in Argentina everything is falling apart, we are on our way to become the new Greece. It's so sad, but it is what it is. I hope I can get a decent college degree and get the f*ck out from here.

Most of the people are voting against Lula's party though, they aren't actually voting for Bolsonaro. This is how Macri won here. Maybe in 5-8 years they'll realize what the voted, and have the circle start all over again.

Stay strong, Brazil :) 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

This is exactly what happened with Macri here in Argentina. It's the power of the media. Having millions of people brainwashed by the big newspapers, spreading hate for a political party they can't even explain. They have absolutely no idea what they are getting into. Here in Argentina everything is falling apart, we are on our way to become the new Greece. It's so sad, but it is what it is. I hope I can get a decent college degree and get the f*ck out from here.

Most of the people are voting against Lula's party though, they aren't actually voting for Bolsonaro. This is how Macri won here. Maybe in 5-8 years they'll realize what the voted, and have the circle start all over again.

👏👏👏👏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lio said:

So it's done. Maybe people can't cope with having a democracy.

it's unbelievable, first speech as president he finished with the words "...and god above all"

maybe we are in Europe medieval times?

like someone said, they want an armed teocracy

lets hope it doesnt get to that

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

we will, stay strong too!

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

it's unbelievable, first speech as president he finished with the words "...and god above all"

maybe we are in Europe medieval times?

like someone said, they want an armed teocracy

lets hope it doesnt get to that

we will, stay strong too!

Yes, Macri is an "little"Bolsonaro too:nervous:

I'm sorry hermanos brasileños :unsure:

It went as predicted but now he has to face millions of people and respond to the needs of all of them, so let's see if he's got the balls to do and keep saying all that shit he spreads.

Macri is a puppet of the IMF and he's just following orders from his master but he ain't a Bolsonaro. I don't think a guy like that would be admitted in Argentina, not even as a candidate. We have a different history with the military so I think we're not going that route again......

Im counting the days for the election time here :nervous:........ can't wait to get rid of this useless douche we have in power now. :facepalm:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Legendador said:

We will resist! Thanks @Ratam

Yesterdays see pics in an site here, of brazilians residents here, they was people voted  in brazilian embassy, and call my attention that had an bunch of very young people with Bolsonaro tshirts,very young people not open mind😕

3 hours ago, Legendador said:

We will resist! Thanks @Ratam

👍✌

6 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Yesterdays see pics in an site here, of brazilians residents here, they was people voted  in brazilian embassy, and call my attention that had an bunch of very young people with Bolsonaro tshirts,very young people not open mind😕

👍✌

Sad sad times, a kid was killed by accident yesterday when his voters were celebrating his victory (firing guns in the air).

The gay population here is in panic, because they are already using apps like Grindr, Tinder and many others to threaten and to "date rape" and "date killings".

There's already many news of anti-gay militia being formed in the Central and North region of the country.

And to make matters worse they filmed a lot of people with guns in the street.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Sad sad times, a kid was killed by accident yesterday when his voters were celebrating his victory (firing guns in the air).

The gay population here is in panic, because they are already using apps like Grindr, Tinder and many others to threaten and to "date rape" and "date killings".

There's already many news of anti-gay militia being formed in the Central and North region of the country.

And to make matters worse they filmed a lot of people with guns in the street.

How happened this? Amaze me such barbaric behavior😐and self Bolsonaro not triyng to calm down his followers.How religion's support this, is as back inquisition time's❓

My twitter just showed me this article and I was thinking of this thread and you Brazilian guys. Even though the article focuses on environmental issues... 

https://grist.org/article/how-brazils-presidential-election-could-eff-up-the-planet-for-everyone/

Rough times. Fascists and right winged extremists in so many parts of the world... So sorry for the Brazilian people... I wish you luck and strength for the Brazilian resistance.

33 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I just read in brazilian site that Bono had hard words to Bolsonaro, on gig of U2 on IRELAND.And CHEER too.Seem that Bolsonaro compete now with Trump..:facepalm:

In some media sites im seeing that bolsonaro is wanting to do a lot of things that trump is reported to have done - limit refugees, pay back the debt, prop up the economy and basically rule with a right wing but put the people first. Is this bullshit?.

36 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I just read in brazilian site that Bono had hard words to Bolsonaro, on gig of U2 on IRELAND.And CHEER too.Seem that Bolsonaro compete now with Trump..:facepalm:

Bono really is a wanker.

27 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

In some media sites im seeing that bolsonaro is wanting to do a lot of things that trump is reported to have done - limit refugees, pay back the debt, prop up the economy and basically rule with a right wing but put the people first. Is this bullshit?.

Bono really is a wanker.

For my Bolsonaro is an fascist, and think too that is enough worst that Trump it, i think in Trump case he is more limited for make worst things for the system of American democracy don't would allow he.

On 28/10/2018 at 12:28 AM, killuridols said:

Macri is a puppet of the IMF and he's just following orders from his master but he ain't a Bolsonaro. I don't think a guy like that would be admitted in Argentina, not even as a candidate. We have a different history with the military so I think we're not going that route again......

Im counting the days for the election time here :nervous:........ can't wait to get rid of this useless douche we have in power now. :facepalm:

i agree 100%

good luck removing the IMF puppet!

:headbang:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Bono really is a wanker.

Yes it is bullshit, I live in Brazil and I can assure that this is just the surface he is selling to people. He is pro-torture, press censorship, against black people, against the northeast region (larger concentration of poor people) and has a anti-LGBTQ+ agenda. He is financed by penthecostal and evangelical churches, plus, he is illiterate, he can't even talk right or to pronounce words right and he also defends the population to be armed, to fight crime and to take matters in their own hands and death penalty.

Is that enough for you? Bono doesn't seem such a wanker right now, does he?

Edited by Legendador
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Agree, once he starts getting involved on the world stage wonder if he will modify his behaviour.

That’s what they said about Trump, too. Those people won’t. They feel they have the right to act out like this.

Everything about Bolsonaro is truly shocking and saddening. 

• Like 4