Will President Trump get a Cease and Desist Letter for using November Rain at his Rallies

1 hour ago, Billly B said:

Well wouldn't that magnify the issue! We are living in the age where minor recordings of a concert are removed.

I be sure that Aerosmith banned that Trump use you music too, but Steven Tyler said this don' t is for politic reasons, and The Stones complaining too than Trump use his music.

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

They could have picked more appropriate GNR songs.  

You're Crazy, It's So Easy, Perfect Crime, Double Talkin' Jive, or Bad Apples would make more sense all things considered.  

Lol I was just gonna say maybe "Double Talkin' Jive" would be more appropriate

Or considering the man in question an unironic use of OIAM wouldn't suprise me too much

2 hours ago, nycgunner said:

Given Axl’s disdain for Trump, I would think something happens soon

"Republicans buy shoes too." - Michael Jordan

"Republicans buy really expensive concert tickets too."  Axl Rose

Jokes aside, I don't think he would do anything over the top crazy in the middle of a successful tour.  It's so polarizing to take a stance on Trump.  If he took the opposite stance on Trump of a really hardcore fan, I don't think they would really care enough to do some dumb shit like burning their box set on Instagram,  but it might make a significant dent in the casuals, the most of the asses in the seats are casuals.  I know he's expressed a dislike for Trump, but if he makes a big deal out of it that it gets on Fox news and other conservative outlets numbers go into the dumper.

2 hours ago, downzy said:

They could have picked more appropriate GNR songs.  

Jungle, You're Crazy, It's So Easy, Perfect Crime, Double Talkin' Jive, or Bad Apples would make more sense all things considered.  

Or some Stormy Daniels themed songs, like "Back off Bitch" "You ain't The First" or "Dead Horse(Face)"

Maybe "One in a Million" as a "dog whistle" to the racists of America.

Annnd Finally, I don't care if you like Trump, or hate him, I think we all could agree that if he did an 'Axl on Warren Beatty' style intro to "Get in the Ring" Dedicated to Michael Avenati... The world would 100 % lose their shit.  It would literally be the entire country either cumming in their pants, or swinging at the people cumming in their pants.  Instantly.

51 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Why use a song like November Rain? What sort of tone would that set? Unless of course, they're just playing random '80s and '90s rock tunes because they know who their base of supporters are; 30's and up white people who probably like stadium rock and the '80s. 

November is the mid term elections.  Pretty sure that's the gimmick.

4 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Now just a guess on my own, but it probably has something to do with everything Trump has said and done :lol:

The fact that he doesn't do interviews, doesn't release new music, used to wear Che Guevara (not the hero most people think) and Charles Manson tshirts etc. - its hard to fathom how he now identifies with "the left" and makes the effort to regularly comment against Trump on Twitter.

Makes me feel there must be some specific thing/issue... or maybe he just watches too much "fake news" :lol:

56 minutes ago, hally187 said:

The fact that he doesn't do interviews, doesn't release new music, used to wear Che Guevara (not the hero most people think) and Charles Manson tshirts etc. - its hard to fathom how he now identifies with "the left" and makes the effort to regularly comment against Trump on Twitter.

Makes me feel there must be some specific thing/issue... or maybe he just watches too much "fake news" :lol:

Although to be fair, most of the things you quoted such as lack of interviews, no new music, even Manson T-shirts I would argue are apolitical naturally!  With Axl's shirts I think there was a definite "edgy" image factor to wearing them back in the day

Based on following his comments really I would just say that it is Axl not digging the current shitshow that is this current President and his administration!  After all, it is very very easy to find logically questionable things Trump is doing, all you need to do is throw a dart blindfolded at any given newspaper daily :lol:

Although I do find it interesting that Axl said he doesn't vote in his Kimmel interview in 2012, like for as outspoken as he now is I truly hope that he rescinded that line of thinking and walked the walk with his right to vote against these wackos

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2