Will President Trump get a Cease and Desist Letter for using November Rain at his Rallies

2 hours ago, hally187 said:

The fact that he doesn't do interviews, doesn't release new music, used to wear Che Guevara (not the hero most people think) and Charles Manson tshirts etc. - its hard to fathom how he now identifies with "the left" and makes the effort to regularly comment against Trump on Twitter.

Makes me feel there must be some specific thing/issue... or maybe he just watches too much "fake news" :lol:

I'll go with this ^^. I would  think that Axl pays very little attention to the world of politics. And when you do that unfortunately your only soundbite is Main Stream Media in passing, and by their account you would think Trump is the devil himself.

Or maybe BETA and the immigrant thing

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hally187 said:

Slightly off topic, but does anyone have a theory why Axl is so anti-Trump?

Is it really that difficult to think of reasons why someone might think Trump is a fuckin' pranny? :lol:

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

He was on the news this morning and had ''You Can't Always Get What You Want'' by The Stones playing. 

Didn't the lads make some sort of legal thing over it?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Is it really that difficult to think of reasons why someone might think Trump is a fuckin' pranny? :lol:

Didn't the lads make some sort of legal thing over it?

They can't have been very successful as it was playing during one of Trump's rallies this morning!

20 minutes ago, CHRISSY said:

I'll go with this ^^. I would  think that Axl pays very little attention to the world of politics. And when you do that unfortunately your only soundbite is Main Stream Media in passing, and by their account you would think Trump is the devil himself.

Hey Chrissy :) I see you're still talking that MAGA business. Thats alright, its just nice to see your face :wub:

Its interesting how some people are posting that Axl talks too much about politics and others, like yourself, are saying he doesnt pay much attention to politics.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CHRISSY said:

Maybe there's something about Axl that makes him angry when he hears of children being locked in cages?

2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

They used Knockin on Heaven's Door yesterday.

Given Axl's disdain for Trump and eagerness to sue people I'm surprised he hasn't tried to shut that down yet.

Axl could issue a statement demanding not to play GN'R version of the song. But he didn't write it. I don't know how much he can do. 

9 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

"Republicans buy shoes too." - Michael Jordan

"Republicans buy really expensive concert tickets too."  Axl Rose

Jokes aside, I don't think he would do anything over the top crazy in the middle of a successful tour.  It's so polarizing to take a stance on Trump.  If he took the opposite stance on Trump of a really hardcore fan, I don't think they would really care enough to do some dumb shit like burning their box set on Instagram,  but it might make a significant dent in the casuals, the most of the asses in the seats are casuals.  I know he's expressed a dislike for Trump, but if he makes a big deal out of it that it gets on Fox news and other conservative outlets numbers go into the dumper.

Not sure you were paying attention last year when Axl invited fans up in Mexico to take a few whacks at a Trump piñata.  

Or the numerous times Trump has railed against Trump and his supporters on Twitter.  

He even took a swipe at Trump in parts of the country that are heavy Trump supporters like upstate New York (I was in the pit at the Buffalo concert when Axl made a Trump joke).

Even if he was concerned about burning bridges in middle America, GNR isn't likely to play there again for quite some time.  The rest of the world ain't no fan of Trump, so any gesture against Trump isn't likely to hurt ticket sales.

At this point I think Axl, Slash, and Duff have made so much money from the last two years of touring I don't think money will ever dictate their behaviour going forward.  

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

They used Knockin on Heaven's Door yesterday.

Given Axl's disdain for Trump and eagerness to sue people I'm surprised he hasn't tried to shut that down yet.

He might not be aware of it.  This was news to me until I clicked on this thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

Isn't there a licence you pay to have fair use of music at public events? I think if the Stones or Axl could shut it down they would have by now, probably a few more artists too.

There is, and it's usually paid by the venue.  There are various organizations, in the U.S. it's generally ASCAP, that works on artists and labels' behalf to collect recording and publishing royalties.  There are fair use rights, but an artist can reject payment and send a C&D order requesting a venue, company, politician to stop playing their material.  If Trump were to ignore the C&D, then the artist could pursue civil litigation to halt the playing of their materials and/or seek civil damages.  Usually it doesn't get that far as the last thing a politician wants is to end up in court for violating the law.  Even Trump has demurred in the past when artists send an official C&D order, as he did when Aerosmith requested he stop playing Dream On at his events.  

Most politicians generally follow the old adage that it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.  They usually move on to a different song whenever an artist makes a formal request.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, soon said:

What "real action" would you like to see?

If he was truly compromised with a cause, he would move his ass from the chair and do things to get involved in the problematics.

Ellen Paige went to Brazil to interview Bolsonaro, for example. She's not tweeting from the comfortability of her home, she's an activist. She speaks in public and confronts people.

Angelina Jolie just visited Perú to get involved in the problematic of Venezuelan immigrants. She talked to the immigrants, to the government of Perú, she uses her fame to give visibility to the problems.

Politics are in the streets with the people, not in Twitter behind the keyboard. That's what trolls do, not what a really compromised politically involved person does.

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

If he was truly compromised with a cause, he would move his ass from the chair and do things to get involved in the problematics.

Ellen Paige went to Brazil to interview Bolsonaro, for example. She's not tweeting from the comfortability of her home, she's an activist. She speaks in public and confronts people.

Angelina Jolie just visited Perú to get involved in the problematic of Venezuelan immigrants. She talked to the immigrants, to the government of Perú, she uses her fame to give visibility to the problems.

Politics are in the streets with the people, not in Twitter behind the keyboard. That's what trolls do, not what a really compromised politically involved person does.

Axl should try to interview Trump? :lol:

Axl is not a politician, but you don't have to be a politician to be allowed to have views on politics, nor do you have to be active in politics to be allowed to have an opinion, or to be allowed to express said opinions on the Internet. If that would be the case, almost none of us would be able to have political opinions and express them.

I feel people are holding Axl to higher standards than they would other people ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Maybe there's something about Axl that makes him angry when he hears of children being locked in cages?

Probably not the worst thing that happens to these kids on the journey (14yo girls arrive at the border with morning after pills packed by their parents), and those laws haven't changed since Obama - if he's reacting to this then he's watching too much Fake News.

Some musicians release politically motivated songs.... Maybe theres something locked in the vault

• Like 1