Will President Trump get a Cease and Desist Letter for using November Rain at his Rallies

On 25/10/2018 at 8:49 PM, yourcrazy said:

I just wish Axl would go back to worrying about creating and recording music.  I am sick of celebrities liberal opinions who have no sense of reality to what the average worker has to deal with.  

Do you seriously believe that any conservative leaning politician even thinks about the average worker, let alone there being any chance of them giving a shit?

All they're concerned with is keeping their own pockets full and fuck anyone else. That isn't to say I think too highly of politicians in general anyway.

On 26/10/2018 at 3:01 AM, Modano09 said:

Oh, right, I know no horrible thing Trump says or does counts if you can find some sort of comparable example of those spooky Clintons doing something similar. 

Trump is a vile piece of shit. JOBS! or not. 

But... but...

dey-terk-er-jerbs.jpg

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Haha 1

On 27/10/2018 at 12:47 AM, downzy said:

I'm not sure why you think it would be a high profile lawsuit?  

I think you're overestimating how much people would take notice if GNR requested Trump from using his music.  

GNR sending Trump a C&D letter wouldn't be national news either.  

Steven Tyler sent a formal complaint to the Trump campaign for using Dream On and no one really cared nor did it seem to have any impact on Aerosmith's financial health. 

If guns did a c & d it would get noticed in the online media streams? Yes,  but being in the tv news? No. Then again guns has more presence and visibility in the media scene then what Aerosmith does, because of the success of nitl. Thank god guns never went the poppy route aerosmith did and never did anything that resembled "dont want to miss a thing".

People calling Trump a racist yet Axl penned the lyrics to one in a million,  oh the irony. 

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

If guns did a c & d it would get noticed in the online media streams? Yes,  but being in the tv news? No. Then again guns has more presence and visibility in the media scene then what Aerosmith does, because of the success of nitl. Thank god guns never went the poppy route aerosmith did and never did anything that resembled "dont want to miss a thing".

You don't think the dolphin video is anything like don't wanna miss a thing? Double standards are typical these days 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Do you seriously believe that any conservative leaning politician even thinks about the average worker, let alone there being any chance of them giving a shit?

All they're concerned with is keeping their own pockets full and fuck anyone else. That isn't to say I think too highly of politicians in general anyway.

But... but...

dey-terk-er-jerbs.jpg

The same thing can be said about every single elected official.  If you think they give a fuck about you I have a bridge for sale. 

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

GNR aren't more popular than Aerosmith by any stretch of the imagination. Did they sell a shit ton of tickets on the most recent tour? Yes, but that's because Axl finally caved and got back with Slash. Prior to that, GNR were down to playing half full theaters. And even since the start of NITL, they already had to step down to arenas from stadiums in the US. 

Aerosmith on the other hand has been playing stadiums and arenas the whole time GNR were declining in popularity. Not to mention how much Steven Tyler has kept himself visible in the media outside of Aerosmith. 

So... The overall point is this: if a stir wasn't caused by a much more popular band sending a C&D, it wouldn't be if GNR did it. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, jmapelian said:

People calling Trump a racist yet Axl penned the lyrics to one in a million,  oh the irony. 

You don't think the dolphin video is anything like don't wanna miss a thing? Double standards are typical these days 

Video aside the lyrics to estranged have more depth than the aerosmith song. The complete boredom on joe perrys face says it all.

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

GNR aren't more popular than Aerosmith by any stretch of the imagination. Did they sell a shit ton of tickets on the most recent tour? Yes, but that's because Axl finally caved and got back with Slash. Prior to that, GNR were down to playing half full theaters. And even since the start of NITL, they already had to step down to arenas from stadiums in the US. 

Aerosmith on the other hand has been playing stadiums and arenas the whole time GNR were declining in popularity. Not to mention how much Steven Tyler has kept himself visible in the media outside of Aerosmith. 

So... The overall point is this: if a stir wasn't caused by a much more popular band sending a C&D, it wouldn't be if GNR did it. 

I agree russ guns are more popular since slash came into the band, theres no way guns from 08 to 2014 are more or as equal to aerosmith in way of ticket sales. 

On 25/10/2018 at 10:04 PM, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

If you're in New Zealand, why are you commenting on the President Of The United States?

Because if old silly bollocks keeps acting like a twat and pissing everyone off, it can fuck things up for allied countries also.

You might be OK with it, but I don't want us getting dragged into WW3 because that douche-nozzle pissed off the wrong people.

I don't have enough time, to care about anyone using any song for whatever they stand for. Therefore, it would require more determination from me, than I could possibly produce, given my stressfull and busy life. I work hard to make a living, and I don't watch that much TV.

I also wonder, how many of the people complaining, have actually heard the song playing during trump's campaign. I know I didn't, I couldn't care less about Trump and his conferences.

I'd also rather have GNR write new new music, than some dumb C&D letter

Edited by action

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:38 PM, RussTCB said:

Couldn't disagree more. Playing someone's music at your rally implies that you have their endorsement. If I were an artist who's music was used at a rally for a politician I claimed to disagree with, I would do everything I could to make sure people know I'm not associated with that person.

There's nothing to disagree with.  I said that the artist is grandstanding to make the point but they can't actually force the politician to stop using the music.  That is legally factual.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 10:38 AM, RussTCB said:

Couldn't disagree more. Playing someone's music at your rally implies that you have their endorsement. If I were an artist who's music was used at a rally for a politician I claimed to disagree with, I would do everything I could to make sure people know I'm not associated with that person.

Couldn't disagree more. I’d never go to a politician rally and hear night moves and think fuck! She must have Seger’s vote anymore than I think axl is rooting for the patriots when they play WTTJ at every game.

Teacher teacher, the student I don’t like is playing music I like and I don’t want my classmates to hear him playing the music I like and think if he likes it than he’s ok because I like it and I’m ok. Please tell me I’m ok and my music choice is good and only good people with my output of the world can use this song to promote them, because like I said if people hear that good song and see him, and me, knowing I don’t like the song, or him, that will not be something that makes me feel wholesome 

35 minutes ago, Sprite said:

Teacher teacher, the student I don’t like is playing music I like and I don’t want my classmates to hear him playing the music I like and think if he likes it than he’s ok because I like it and I’m ok. Please tell me I’m ok and my music choice is good and only good people with my output of the world can use this song to promote them, because like I said if people hear that good song and see him, and me, knowing I don’t like the song, or him, that will not be something that makes me feel wholesome 

Cute analogy.

But it's more along the lines of Axl thinks Trump is an asshole and it's Axl's music so Axl may not want his music associated with someone he considers an asshole, you follow? This isn't fans hoping Axl doesn't like Trump, Axl's made it quite clear. 

Edited by Modano09
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

There's nothing to disagree with.  I said that the artist is grandstanding to make the point but they can't actually force the politician to stop using the music.  That is legally factual.

Lol, what? Of course there's something to disagree with. I don't agree that the artist has to be grandstanding in order to make it known that they disagree with a politician who's using their music. 

1 hour ago, Sprite said:

Couldn't disagree more. I’d never go to a politician rally and hear night moves and think fuck! She must have Seger’s vote anymore than I think axl is rooting for the patriots when they play WTTJ at every game.

See below. 

1 hour ago, Sprite said:

See below. 

46 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Cute analogy.

But it's more along the lines of Axl thinks Trump is an asshole and it's Axl's music so Axl may not want his music associated with someone he considers an asshole, you follow? This isn't fans hoping Axl doesn't like Trump, Axl's made it quite clear. 

Exactly this. I don't know how anyone could think Axl would or should be OK with his music being associated with a politician that he's made it clear he hates. 

For the record, I couldn't give two shits about politics and I really don't care where GNR music gets played. I just think it's odd that anyone would think Axl wouldn't want to speak up about this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sprite said:

Nonsensical and irrelevant. 

A) No one here has actually complained that GN'R has been played at Trump rallies. OP was just pointing out that it was a thing that happened, and others have simply been taking the piss out of Tiny Hands and making obvious and valid points about why Axl himself may not be happy about the situation. 

B) Also irrelevant to Axl's side of things - we all know he isn't a fan of the Orangutan Overlord, and he has every right to prevent his own work from being associated with such a person.

The gun jumping and mental gymnastics that triggered Trumpers go through is hilarious. 

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Nonsensical and irrelevant. 

A) No one here has actually complained that GN'R has been played at Trump rallies. OP was just pointing out that it was a thing that happened, and others have simply been taking the piss out of Tiny Hands and making obvious and valid points about why Axl himself may not be happy about the situation. 

B) Also irrelevant to Axl's side of things - we all know he isn't a fan of the Orangutan Overlord, and he has every right to prevent his own work from being associated with such a person.

The gun jumping and mental gymnastics that triggered Trumpers go through is hilarious. 

Maybe there is no Axl Rose? He's just an actor paid off by the Democrats to make Trump look bad.

• Haha 1

On 10/26/2018 at 2:49 AM, Gnrcane said:

Just FYI, any musician that sends cease and desist notices to any politician is just grandstanding to show that they don't agree with that politician or to show that they don't want to be seen as political. Any politician can play any song at a political rally and there is nothing the copyright owner can do about it legally.

Normally, I would kinda agree. But with Trump, I would feel obligated to distance myself from that pile of filth as far and as fast I could.

• Like 1