Axl's 90s net worth

Probably 10-15 million tops. I recall a Forbes article from 1994 listing the highest grossing entertainers from 1992-1994. And GNR were listed fourth on the list behind Bill Cosby, Oprah and Steven Spielberg. GNRs gross was 55 million for that two year period. I always thought that list showed how huge GNR were during that period. Slash stated in his book that late fees, lawsuits and excessive parties ate up much of the profits from the UYI, which necessitated the band your longer and cut costs to actually turn a profit, so maybe 10-15 million is being generous.

Edited by The Holographic Universe

7 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

That’s the source and it’s unlikely that Axl is worth 150 million.

Yeah, I looked up dizzy reed just for a laugh, 40 million dollars. The guy begged for money to pay for his daughter college education a couple of year ago.

I think they use some algoritm to calculate the net worth, which of course doesnt  work verk well

Edited by jettesnel

11 minutes ago, jettesnel said:

Yeah, I looked up dizzy reed just for a laugh, 40 million dollars. The guy begged for money to pay for his daughter college education a couple of year ago.

I think they use some algoritm to calculate the net worth, which of course doesnt  work verk well

I agree with you that it just be an algorithm. Just for perspective Axls net worth has been listed as 150 million since 2007. And I know he was close to broke for his standard of living for minute in the late 2000’s.

27 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I agree with you that it just be an algorithm. Just for perspective Axls net worth has been listed as 150 million since 2007. And I know he was close to broke for his standard of living for minute in the late 2000’s.

Didn't Pitman also sue him for nonpayments due to financial difficulties?

9 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I personally think the trophy of his success would be his malibu mansion. Always wondered what attracted him to malibu and that house in particular.if axl had a business falling out with TB would any settlement be paid by axl and any band members or guns n roses inc?. Would like to know how much his mansion is worth now.

4 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I personally think the trophy of his success would be his malibu mansion. Always wondered what attracted him to malibu and that house in particular.if axl had a business falling out with TB would any settlement be paid by axl and any band members or guns n roses inc?. Would like to know how much his mansion is worth now.

You could be correct in your assumption. Slash stated in his book that for Axl to keep his Malibu mansion he would need to extend the UYI tour.

These net worths are bullshit.  The way they work these shits out is that they call the person in question and/or their management and request like, paperwork, shit to prove their income.  If they provide it all well and good if not they just compile it based on available information for example how much did the last tour make or last few movies or whatever the fuck , its wholly inaccurate because its either guesstimated based on available information or else its provided by the person and people can only provide what their tax returns state and no rich person, especially mega rich person, has a clean slate with that shit.  

15 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

If axl had a business falling out with TB would any settlement be paid by axl and any band members or guns n roses inc?. Would like to know how much his mansion is worth now.

TB turned millionaires by Axl's blessing and they kept manipulating and sucking out cash from the man throughout the years.

Though I'm not sure TB would omit their settlement should some financial trouble happen to Axl...

Edited by ©GnrPersia

16 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

There’s a difference between the legal band entity supposedly being cash poor and Axl. His personal finances are separate than what’s in the business coffers and he’s not really obligated to refill them personally. Especially if they’d just go out on the road to make up the difference (which seemed to be the answer to all of this multiple times)

All these net worth sources are bs. Not to say they didn’t make $ over the years, but there are a ton of hands in the pockets in all aspects of a band’s revenue before it gets divided into someone’s account 

It’s not a surprise that they barely broke even on the UYI tour through 2 years. Ticket prices weren’t as pricey and the splits with promoters weren’t the same.  Shows were essentially still seen at some level as promo opportunity to help boost album sales and to help procure big renegotiated advances from the label.

There was a ton of overhead outside of those lavish parties to make those shows happen.  While they certainly didn’t help the bottom line, it’s quite telling that they were seen as a hinderance to what they were taking home each night 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, igorsr said:

They earned one on different ways all these years...

And all of them are richier than normal people...

They are milionares,all of them...

It's not 1960 anymore.  Being a millionaire isn't a sign of being ultra-wealthy.  There are something around 11 million millionaires in the USA today.

While being a millionaire is well above average and somebody with that net worth can live in a nice house and not have to worry about paying for their next meal, if the GNR members are "just" millionaires they aren't that well off.  If you are a millionaire, you can't just quit work and be set for life at a high end lifestyle.  You can probably survive the rest of your life on savings but you'd have to be pretty frugal.

I would imagine that Axl, Slash and Duff are all worth in excess of $50 million, especially after NITL.  That number would make them truly "rich" and not just very upper-middle class.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

It's not 1960 anymore.  Being a millionaire isn't a sign of being ultra-wealthy.  There are something around 11 million millionaires in the USA today.

While being a millionaire is well above average and somebody with that net worth can live in a nice house and not have to worry about paying for their next meal, if the GNR members are "just" millionaires they aren't that well off.  If you are a millionaire, you can't just quit work and be set for life at a high end lifestyle.  You can probably survive the rest of your life on savings but you'd have to be pretty frugal.

I would imagine that Axl, Slash and Duff are all worth in excess of $50 million, especially after NITL.  That number would make them truly "rich" and not just very upper-middle class.

Well,as you can see all rock bands works till the end of life...Rollingstones,U2,AcDC,Bon Jovi,Metallica,GNR...

1 hour ago, igorsr said:

Well,as you can see all rock bands works till the end of life...Rollingstones,U2,AcDC,Bon Jovi,Metallica,GNR...

A lot of times, they keep touring to help support everyone behind the scenes and make sure they have work. Bands at that level provide a good number of jobs and the best way to take care of your people is to get out on the road. Bonus if you actually enjoy playing shows live like those artists as well as the good payday 

Edited by guitarpatch

6 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Bullshit site.

They have Dizzy listed with 40 mio and Duff with 40 as well. So how's that possible? I remember they had Slash listed with something like 20 mio before the NITL tour. And Dizzy has 40 mio :lol:

Wasn't it a few years ago that Dizzy couldn't afford to send his daughter to college? :lol: