Jul 04: Zurich Hallenstadion, Switzerland
Jul 06: Iffezheim Rennbahn, Germany
Jul 09: Birmingham Resorts World Arena, UK
Jul 11: London The O2, UK
Jul 12: Manchester Arena, UK
Jul 14: Newcastle Metro Radio Arena, UK
Jul 16: Glasgow SSE Hydro, UK

Edited by Silent Jay

3 times with this lineup is plenty for me. I'll probably sit this out. They were fun shows, especially the 2009 Cobo Hall show I saw.

Very dissapointed they didnt bring at least Ace back for this tour. Considering hes been getting along so well with Gene, I'll chalk this up to Paul. He refused to play at the HoF, too. A shame they'll go out with a whimper than with a bang.

• Like 1

Well Crue have reneged on their promise. How long will Kiss hold out? Sticking ''farewell'' or something similar on a poster seems to sell 10 more tickets. ''Gene economics''.

They'll be back.

Gene and Paul will cobble together some rhetoric when they re-re-unite about, ''given the Kiss army what they want''. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well Crue have reneged on their promise. How long will Kiss hold out? Sticking ''farewell'' or something similar on a poster seems to sell 10 more tickets. ''Gene economics''.

They'll be back.

Gene and Paul will cobble together some rhetoric when they re-re-unite about, ''given the Kiss army what they want''. 

I think it's for real this time, only because Paul can't fucking sing anymore and everyone knows it.

It'll be a long tour though.

Yeah I feel like this time around Paul has finally accepted that he really can’t do it anymore. They should really bring back Ace though and do it proper. Take Vinnie and Bruce along too as guests for their songs, or even have Bruce and Bob’s little band with Brent Fitz and Todd Kerns open the shows. Make it special instead of the same show they’ve been touring for a decade with an increasingly shitty set list that cuts half the Paul songs.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Yeah I feel like this time around Paul has finally accepted that he really can’t do it anymore. They should really bring back Ace though and do it proper. Take Vinnie and Bruce along too as guests for their songs, or even have Bruce and Bob’s little band with Brent Fitz and Todd Kerns open the shows. Make it special instead of the same show they’ve been touring for a decade with an increasingly shitty set list that cuts half the Paul songs.

Totally agree (although I doubt Vinnie could do it). Considering how Ace and Gene are getting along and how KISS Co. LTD tm. invited him to play on thr KISS Kruise, it is a complete let down he isnt rightfully back in his spot. Its one last tour, nobody wants to see Tommy as the spaceman. It makes this a complete wet fart. Hes gotten to ride Ace's coat tails plenty.

Eric Singer I don't mind as much because Peter probably couldnt and wouldn't do it.

40 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Stanley still sings better than Rose these days.

Meh he is pretty awful. Axl was at least above average a few years ago but you are probably right for the part 2 years of NITL

6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Ace joined KISS on stage tonight. Thats so cool, makes me bummed he isnt just taking his spot back

It might actually happen then, albeit as a sort of Adler ''man being invited to his own birthday party'' guest spot. It would be better than nothing.

• Like 1

kisskruise2018poster.jpg

Frehley, whose solo band is one of the artists performing on the cruise, took the stage during KISS's acoustic show on Wednesday and played four songs with the current KISS lineup: "2000 Man" (THE ROLLING STONES cover, which Ace sang on KISS's 1979 album "Dynasty"), "New York Groove" (HELLO cover, which appeared on Ace's 1978 debut solo album), "Nothing' To Lose" and "Rock And Roll All Nite". Kulick, who is also one of the cruise's scheduled performers, joined in on acoustic guitar.

"Life is full of coincidences," Stanley joked before Frehley's appearance. "Here we are, on a ship... Bruce Kulick just happens to be on this ship. And someone just said, 'You know who else is on this ship?' Ace Frehley! So, let's bring him up too."

Right before kicking into "Nothin' To Lose", Ace got emotional, telling the crowd and his formed bandmates: "This is great... this is so great. Thank you guys for inviting me up." Stanley then added: "Ace, hold on a second. All this couldn't have happened if we hadn't happened. We started this. So thank you for being here."

Earlier in the evening, Kulick reunited with KISS for performances of the "Revenge" track "Domino" — which KISS hadn't played live since 1995 — and "Hide Your Heart".

On October 31, 2018 at 3:47 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Stanley still sings better than Rose these days.

I usually admire your honest cynicism about the current state of GNR, but here I'll have to respectfully disagree with you. Kiss have tuned their songs down two entire keys and Paul STILL can't stay in key when he sings. Axl may admittedly sound like Mickey Mouse now, but at least he sounds like Mickey Mouse IN KEY with the songs. Plus, GN'R haven't had to tune down at all.

On October 30, 2018 at 5:31 PM, DieselDaisy said:

They'll be back.

To be fair, Crue are insisting that they're still not going to play live ever again. Just record. But we'll see how long that lasts.

side note; I think it's GREAT that ace finally played live with kiss again the other night. That would technically be his first show with kiss since 2002, right?

Edited by rocknroll41

Lol Tommy played the Rock and Roll All Nite solo with Ace on stage. Fucking lame

I know the Stones pulled some questionable decisions regarding Mick Taylor's involvement on their 50th anniversary, but Ace was a founding member of KISS and they literally have a guy on stage pretending to be him. Its not like the Stones who genuinely moved on from Taylor. I say this as a huge Nick Taylor fan. Besides, Ronnie earned his keep 

Nobody cares about Tommy. I dont dislike him or blame him, he does a great job at what he has been hired to do, but with Ace back on good terms and with this being the last tour, he should have stepped down.

Edit- Also, Ace totally sucks now and has for a long time. Id still rather see him suck with KISS and for them all to suck together than see them go out with a fake Spaceman

Edited by ZoSoRose

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

got my KISS tickets yesterday. My Dallas show is Wednesday, February 20. Can't wait!

I agree. This "end of the road tour" for Kiss will probably take around 5 years or more. lol

Gene should really get in early on Kiss dicktubes before I copyright it. Dying could actually be where we make the biggest killing people. 

20 hours ago, wasted said:

Gene should really get in early on Kiss dicktubes before I copyright it. Dying could actually be where we make the biggest killing people. 

Well, I hope no one in Kiss passes away any time soon.

It was terrible when Eric died. His mom used to have a dress store in Brooklyn where I grew up. Then Eric bought her a home on Long Island and she closed the store and moved. My mom bought a dress to wear to my uncle's wedding from her. She was very nice but never talked about Eric being her son and being in Kiss.

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, I hope no one in Kiss passes away any time soon.

It was terrible when Eric died. His mom used to have a dress store in Brooklyn where I grew up. Then Eric bought her a home on Long Island and she closed the store and moved. My mom bought a dress to wear to my uncle's wedding from her. She was very nice but never talked about Eric being her son and being in Kiss.

Dicktubes save lives. Death is really just another lifestyle choice. Death is a process and Kiss accessorize death by celebrating your favorite band, Kiss. 

I’d buy a GNR oxygen tent in a heartbeat. Do they have Nightrain whistles yet? 

• 2 weeks later...