Checkmate Jackie chan

I listened to the short leak again and wonder if the song may actually be Oklahoma which is now Berlin. The reason I am thinking this is that Axl said he wrote the song during his law suits with Erin and Stephane and the the Oklahoma bombing was going on. The lyrics all caution made every chance was given no effort spared to save what we had. What y’all think

It's pretty unlikely that the two songs are the same.

3 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Pretty sure Axl mentioned them as two different songs that time he came on the board and did a little Q and A thing didn't he? 

This is true.

3 hours ago, axlweave said:

The reason I am thinking this is that Axl said he wrote the song during his law suits with Erin and Stephane and the the Oklahoma bombing was going on.

Yeah, but a lot of songs from the CD era related back to Erin and/or Steph in some way. Oklahoma/Berlin is just one of many.

And please, no one make another thread about Jackie Chan until something leaks... it just makes me sad. :cry:

I was a little intrigued when the song first leaked and I what I heard I liked. Thing is its been numerous years since it first leaked and if the song would have featured in CD2 or whatever the proposed follow up to CD would have been called, it would have been cool. Personally feel its a long shot that we will ever hear the song in its full entity and doubt it will feature on any official release.

9 hours ago, axlweave said:

I listened to the short leak again and wonder if the song may actually be Oklahoma which is now Berlin. The reason I am thinking this is that Axl said he wrote the song during his law suits with Erin and Stephane and the the Oklahoma bombing was going on. The lyrics all caution made every chance was given no effort spared to save what we had. What y’all think

I don't think the song was officially given a name by Axl at least by 2008 when he was here on the forums talking about it, hence "working title" being Jackie Chan.  Oklahoma would then be a different song I would assume

Edited by WhazUp

10 hours ago, axlweave said:

True but we know Jackie Chan is a working title

Jackie Chan seems to be something were working on mid 90s for a Jackie chan movie. Duff mention coming from a rehearsal for it. 

Whether this is the song Fortus was talking about working on that had a Slash origin riff is hard to say. 

the lyrics, and the tempo, to me sound like something you would hear in an action movie. not the right type of song for a real life bomb blast killings dozens.

i also think it was a song like SFTD and OMG that would only be on an OST and not a GN'R album.