Concerts in 2019

dontdamnmeuyi2015

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I've seen Rival Sons a few times, pretty solid. Never heard of that Slash character though. Any good? 

Yeah he's great Russ, surprised you haven't heard of him. :P

I've really got into RS since you and few others recommended what to listen to. Really looking forward to the gig :headbang: (thank you)

• GNFNR 1

2019 Line Up At This point:

1. Greta Van Fleet
  2. Kiss
  3. Lynryd Skynryd
  4. P!nk
  5. Megadeth and Ozzy Osbourne 
  6. Weird Al Yankovik
  7. Iron Maiden
  8. Elton John

Hoping to Add: Slash, Aerosmith, Queensryche, Michael Schenker, Blue Oyster Cult and Trooper to that list... And thats just the people who have announced tours nearby.

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets secured for Marty Friedman and Muse. Very excited for both shows. Even though Ive seen Muse 3 times, their new album really rejuvenated my love for the band. Excited to hear songs from it. 

Id like to see Queen again, but omg its crazy. Tickets "sold out" (not counting withheld tickets and scalpers) already and are way more expensive than the 2014 and 2017 tours I saw. That movie really made demand and prices sky rocket! If they add some real rarities I might consider it, but since Ive seem them twice before for like $50 bucks each show, I'll probably pass at $150 a ticket! 

KISS must be selling better than I thought. I said I wouldn't go to any KISS related show without KISS and Ace (even though hes horrible live)  together. since Ive seen this lineup several times already and Ace solo once. Nosebleeds were initially $30 so I was considering it as a fun night out. Now, they are like $90. No way!

Id like to see Nick Mason play in a theater I really like. I'll probably see that if its reasonable. I also might see ELO if my dad wants to go.

Id see The Stones again but probably dont feel like driving to Chicago for them.

Kind of bummed I've seen pretty much all the active big acts I have wanted to see. The excitement of seeing someone the first time cant be replicated. Im also kind of glad, though, because the age of the completely common $100 nosebleed is almost here. Concert prices have again jumped drastically in the last 4 or so years. Suddenly, those $300 GNR reunion tickets in 2016 dont see as abnormal as they did back then. Its a damn shame. Add in bullshit VIP packs that come with cheap merch and crappy perks like a buffet, "premium/platinum" tickets, and shady ticket distribution getting worse to inflate the already asinine ticket costs, theater-arena shows are becoming almost not worth it. 

When you factor in gas, parking, tickets, and food for 2 people it can easily exceed $300. That isn't even counting merch or the best seats. Fuck that.

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 7:29 AM, ZoSoRose said:

Tickets secured for Marty Friedman and Muse. Very excited for both shows. Even though Ive seen Muse 3 times, their new album really rejuvenated my love for the band. Excited to hear songs from it. 

Id like to see Queen again, but omg its crazy. Tickets "sold out" (not counting withheld tickets and scalpers) already and are way more expensive than the 2014 and 2017 tours I saw. That movie really made demand and prices sky rocket! If they add some real rarities I might consider it, but since Ive seem them twice before for like $50 bucks each show, I'll probably pass at $150 a ticket! 

KISS must be selling better than I thought. I said I wouldn't go to any KISS related show without KISS and Ace (even though hes horrible live)  together. since Ive seen this lineup several times already and Ace solo once. Nosebleeds were initially $30 so I was considering it as a fun night out. Now, they are like $90. No way!

Id like to see Nick Mason play in a theater I really like. I'll probably see that if its reasonable. I also might see ELO if my dad wants to go.

Id see The Stones again but probably dont feel like driving to Chicago for them.

Kind of bummed I've seen pretty much all the active big acts I have wanted to see. The excitement of seeing someone the first time cant be replicated. Im also kind of glad, though, because the age of the completely common $100 nosebleed is almost here. Concert prices have again jumped drastically in the last 4 or so years. Suddenly, those $300 GNR reunion tickets in 2016 dont see as abnormal as they did back then. Its a damn shame. Add in bullshit VIP packs that come with cheap merch and crappy perks like a buffet, "premium/platinum" tickets, and shady ticket distribution getting worse to inflate the already asinine ticket costs, theater-arena shows are becoming almost not worth it. 

When you factor in gas, parking, tickets, and food for 2 people it can easily exceed $300. That isn't even counting merch or the best seats. Fuck that.

Yea the jump in ticket prices in just the last few years is insane. Even bands that play small venues are getting expensive (my ticket for Monster Truck in February was about $40 after tax/fees, and they're playing a bar). Buckethead was around $40 (USD) too when I saw him in 2017, same with Baz when he played a shitty little venue here. The only show I'm considering seeing next year that has reasonable prices ($50 for the cheap seats, $80 for decent seats, $90 for GA and good seats, in a small arena) is Godsmack w/ Volbeat.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 7:54 PM, The Dissident said:

2019 Line Up At This point:

1. Greta Van Fleet
  2. Kiss
  3. Lynryd Skynryd
  4. P!nk
  5. Megadeth and Ozzy Osbourne 
  6. Weird Al Yankovik
  7. Iron Maiden
  8. Elton John

Hoping to Add: Slash, Aerosmith, Queensryche, Michael Schenker, Blue Oyster Cult and Trooper to that list... And thats just the people who have announced tours nearby.

2019: Update

1. Greta Van Fleet
  2. Kiss
  3. Lynryd Skynryd
  4. P!nk
  5. Uriah Heep+ Judas Priest
  6. Queen
  7. Megadeth + Ozzy Osbourne
  8. Weird Al Yankovik
  9. Iron Maiden
  10. Elton John

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, so I'm seeing Disturbed at the Forum in Los Angeles, tomorrow.  Pretty excited for that.  It's the first of six concerts I'm going to so far in 2019.  I haven't been to the Forum in about three years.  For those that have seen a show there, how is the parking there nowadays?  Good, bad?  Expensive?  Are there other decent parking lots near the Forum within 15 minutes of walking?

Edited by Anguyen92

On 03/12/2018 at 10:28 AM, RussTCB said:

I've seen Rival Sons a few times, pretty solid. Never heard of that Slash character though. Any good? 

He wears a tophat not sure why. Average guitar skills but has a good band.

Slash on 28th of jan

The eagles in march

Kiss in november.

• Haha 1