Concerts in 2019

dontdamnmeuyi2015

13 hours ago, Coma16 said:

I'm seeing the Racs this Thursday in Toronto. I've seen JW during his 3 tours in TO but never the Racs. Really looking forward to it. Loving the new album!

Awesome, you’ll have a blast. I’ve seen them a few times this year and might actually like the Racs shows better than last years JW shows.

20 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

Seeing Maiden tonight.

Was at same show ,what did you think ? For me great setlist great show which would’ve been even better if it was an arena show not a huge fan of stadium shows not an empty seat last night close to 25,000

3 hours ago, gt72 said:

Was at same show ,what did you think ? For me great setlist great show which would’ve been even better if it was an arena show not a huge fan of stadium shows not an empty seat last night close to 25,000

It was a lot of fun but yeah I agree, stadiums are pretty lame.

Setlist was cool, though the middle section of it was a little flat for me.

Much more fun than the last time I saw them a few years ago when they were promoting the book of souls album.

2 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

It was a lot of fun but yeah I agree, stadiums are pretty lame.

Setlist was cool, though the middle section of it was a little flat for me.

Much more fun than the last time I saw them a few years ago when they were promoting the book of souls album.

Yeah I agree book of souls tour had 6 or 7 songs off that album for a set that I think had 15 tracks although I do love how maiden does it album followed by a tour then a legacy or Classics from a certain era tour they try and accommodate just about whole fan base ,great band who still brings it every time after all these years 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Babymetal two weeks ago and it was easily one of the most fun shows I've ever been to. I know they get a lot of shit for being what they are, but the riffs deliver, their lead vocalist is a genuinely amazing singer in a live setting, and the dancing is so well choreographed and performed. Plus, New York goes fucking hard when it comes to crowd energy, so it was a great night.

8 hours ago, Amir said:

Add me to the list of MyGNRers who saw Maiden this year (Mexico City). Obviously this is all @Powerage5's fault  :P

Goes without saying they put GNR to shame when it comes to concerts and setlists.

Glad you had a good time! Sorry it didn’t work out for me to get down to Mexico. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Amir said:

Add me to the list of MyGNRers who saw Maiden this year (Mexico City). Obviously this is all @Powerage5's fault  :P

Goes without saying they put GNR to shame when it comes to concerts and setlists.

Saw Maiden twice on this tour, their shows are easily the best two concerts I’ve ever been to.

----

Based on circumstances I've had to drop my ticket to see Sabaton leaving just one more show (The Who) currently booked to round off a year of absolutely amazing concerts. 

1. Greta Van Fleet
  2. Kiss
  3. Lynryd Skynyrd W/ Randy Bachman
  4. P!nk
  5. Michael Schenker Fest
  6. Halestorm
  7. Judas Priest w/ Uriah Heep
  8. Queen + Adam Lambert
  9. Slash ft Myles Kennedy And The Conspirators
  10. Blue Oyster Cult w/ Quiet Riot, David Wilcox and The Romantics
  11. Weird Al Yankovik
  12. Iron Maiden
  13. Iron Maiden
  14. Elton John
  15. Led Zepagain
  16. The Who

Been an amazing year of concerts thus far and there are a couple shows which I might nab tickets for closer to the day but if no more are added to this line up I'll be very much satisfied. 

Potential additions:

• John Fogerty
  • Bret Michaels

Edited by The Dissident

This is what my schedule looks like for the rest of the year:

October 13th - Explosions in the Sky
October 27th - Russian Circles w/ Windhand
November 15th - Seefeel
November 16th - Billy Corgan (maybe...might be a bit rough with my work schedule)
November 29th - Between the Buried and Me & CHON w/ Intervals
December 1st - Cattle Decapitation w/ Author & Punisher, Full of Hell & Atheist
December 20th - Daughters w/ Health & Show Me the Body

And this is everyone I've seen so far this year:

March 9th - The Black Queen w/ KANGA & Uniform
April 5th -  Deafheaven & Baroness w/ Zeal & Ardor
April 13th - Dance Gavin Dance w/ Covet, Hail the Sun, Don Broco & Periphery
June 2nd - Mastodon & Coheed and Cambria w/ Every Time I Die
June 14th - Full of Hell w/ Elizabeth Colour Wheel, Limbs Bin, Genocide Pact & Primitive Man
July 19th - Silversun Pickups w/I Don’t Know How But They Found Me
July 21st - Between the Buried and Me w/ Murder in the Rue Morgue, Nick Johnston & The Contortionist
August 5th - Weezer w/ Ceramic Animal & White Reaper
September 13th - The Armed w/ Thoughtcrimes & Dalek
September 15th - Babymetal w/ Avatar

If I don't miss anything this will be the busiest year I've ever had show wise, and that's after thinking I wouldn't beat last year's 13 shows.

On 30.9.2019 at 1:15 PM, The Dissident said:

Saw Maiden twice on this tour, their shows are easily the best two concerts I’ve ever been to.

----

Based on circumstances I've had to drop my ticket to see Sabaton leaving just one more show (The Who) currently booked to round off a year of absolutely amazing concerts. 

1. Greta Van Fleet
  2. Kiss
  3. Lynryd Skynyrd W/ Randy Bachman
  4. P!nk
  5. Michael Schenker Fest
  6. Halestorm
  7. Judas Priest w/ Uriah Heep
  8. Queen + Adam Lambert
  9. Slash ft Myles Kennedy And The Conspirators
  10. Blue Oyster Cult w/ Quiet Riot, David Wilcox and The Romantics
  11. Weird Al Yankovik
  12. Iron Maiden
  13. Iron Maiden
  14. Elton John
  15. Led Zepagain
  16. The Who

Been an amazing year of concerts thus far and there are a couple shows which I might nab tickets for closer to the day but if no more are added to this line up I'll be very much satisfied. 

Potential additions:

• John Fogerty
  • Bret Michaels

How is Greta van fleet? Should I go to see them tomorrow when we are in LA? If tickets..

18 minutes ago, Axeli said:

How is Greta van fleet? Should I go to see them tomorrow when we are in LA? If tickets..

I saw them last year in Detroit. I fully understand the criticism they get, but like a few of their songs and wanted to see them for myself. Id also be lying if I said them being a Michigan band wasnt a big part of my interest too

If you get a ticket for a good price, they are absolutely worth it. They were phenominal live. Much better than their records

17 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I saw them last year in Detroit. I fully understand the criticism they get, but like a few of their songs and wanted to see them for myself. Id also be lying if I said them being a Michigan band wasnt a big part of my interest too

If you get a ticket for a good price, they are absolutely worth it. They were phenominal live. Much better than their records

Thank you. I'm from europe and now one week left in LA. Have to check those tickets tomorrow. Like also some songs. But quite young guys..but cant see them in my country. So now is the chance.

Any other good "rock tips" for LA are welcome!? (Offtopic)

6 minutes ago, Axeli said:

Thank you. I'm from europe and now one week left in LA. Have to check those tickets tomorrow. Like also some songs. But quite young guys..but cant see them in my country. So now is the chance.

Any other good "rock tips" for LA are welcome!? (Offtopic)

I'm not from LA but Ive been there a few tines. Just walking around sunset strip is cool. If you can see a show at the Troubadour, whiskey a gogo, viper room, etc thatd be fun

• Thanks 1

Saw Incubus this past Thursday night at Radio City. It was surprisingly exceptional. They sounded way better than in the studio. Excellent set list, which included the entire Make Yourself album, which was a big one when I was in high school. Brandon Boyd has a great voice and stage presence.

Check them out if you can!

16 hours ago, Axeli said:

They were fantastic played just under 12 hours a fair bit of extended Jams, they played 12 songs 3 of which were slower in a row creating a bit of a low in the set but it picked up quite quickly afterwords.

Dallas had very bad storms last night and Sebastian Bach had to cancel his show due to no electricity. I hope he comes back. 

Many areas in Dallas were damaged by a few tornadoes touching down in parts of Dallas, Rockwall and Richardson. Many houses and places of businesses were destroyed or damaged.

Power lines fell and tons of trees. One of the tornadoes touched down at two major hightways and luckily no one driving were injured or killed. The last tornado that touched down on a highway swept many cars away and some people were killed. This Texas weather freaks me out. We heard the sirens go off after 9 last night. Luckily, where I live I was okay and my family too, but it's do damn scary to see and hear the storms and the damage they cause.

• Sad 1