Would you agree to extend NILT to a one more leg to make it the highest grossing tour of all time or at this point "enough is enough"?

To be, or not to be...  

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

They can tour as long as they want as far as I am concerned. I just wish they would drop the prices and play more songs from the classic era.

Couldn't agree more. They could continue to tour until they retire or die onstage and I will attend every show they play within 5 hours of my residence regardless of whether or not they release new material. 

Edited by ironmt
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, adamsapple said:

They can keep touring all they want, always good to see them live, I just wish they'd put out some new music.

This.  

I understand most fans want new music but I don't understand how any fan of a band wouldn't want them to tour.  

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

This.  

I understand most fans want new music but I don't understand how any fan of a band wouldn't want them to tour.  Maybe you're not really fans?

I believe that many fans-  real, surreal, unreal or whatever - would like them to tour with something new... you know, like songs. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers

12 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I believe that many fans-  real, surreal, unreal or whatever - would like them to tour with something new... you know, like songs. 

Right.  So do most hardcore fans....that still doesn't mean fans should not want them to tour...lol.  If they're capable of still selling out arenas/stadiums without new music, who's anyone to tell them not to tour?  Now if you choose not to see them unless they have new music, that's your prerogative.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

They've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're one of the great acts of all-time, even with only 60% of the original lineup. The 'Not In This Lifetime' tour is going to rank as probably the second largest reunion tour in history, next to that of The Eagles in 1994. That said, there isn't really much reason to continue it into 2019, unless money is their sole reason for doing it.

Time to finish the tour, sit down and collaborate on some new music, and record it. Create some buzz in 2019 by teasing new music, maybe dropping a new tune into a movie, and then unleashing a full album in the latter half of next year. It's the logical next step, but as we know, the history of the band has been anything but logical in a number of instances.

Exactly! This time next year the new Terminator will be out, Jim Cameron heavily involved, T2 reunion with Linda Hamilton and Arnie. Would be a perfect time for a GNR song to be included almost 30 years after YCBM! Also a great first re-introduction for the band as a recording unit, it would get double publicity too from movie and music world. Then Album/ or EP in summer/late 2020! #Wishing

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Exactly! This time next year the new Terminator will be out, Jim Cameron heavily involved, T2 reunion with Linda Hamilton and Arnie. Would be a perfect time for a GNR song to be included almost 30 years after YCBM! Also a great first re-introduction for the band as a recording unit, it would get double publicity too from movie and music world. Then Album/ or EP in summer/late 2020! #Wishing

They could put out a Best of album as the soundtrack to the Terminator movie. Like ACDC did for Iron Man 2. There was a couple of new tracks on that too. 

Edited by wasted

U2 smashed it with only 110 shows on the 360 tour Guns are around 125 shows & still £250 million out......!!!!!!!

No 1 in ten years has come even close The Stones are still just under £200 million out .

Edited by Gavin82

You're not the grateful dead. Enough with the constant touring without new music to support. Axl's voice is shot. End the tour, start cutting new album, and Axl, start cutting the junk out of your diet and hit the gym, so that when you DO start the next tour in support of the next album, you'll be respecting the ticketholders with a good performance.

People seem to think if GNR stop touring then they MUST be working on new music. I'm under the impression that if they stop touring they just go silent and do nothing.

Run the tour into the ground, Europe, South America, Austraila/indonesia/japan...etc hasn't had an Arena tour like the US did in 17'. That's where I see the band going next. Might as well still call it NITL because the set and tour imagery doesn't need to change if theres no new material. 

How long can they get away with calling it NITL is a better question. They already had a 6 month break and now another 4 month break. Slash is touring next summer, so even if they picked up a winter Europe arena tour in 19' it would be a bit of a stretch calling it as the same tour with such a long time off in between legs.

• Like 2

I don't think they have to be working on new music, and I dont think people think it must be happening. Saying that, This tour has run its course, the performances are always a bit weaker each leg, more autopilot. For me its either go away and come back with new music and a big tour, or go away for a while (probs release smth along the lines of a UYI boxset in '21) and come back with a heavily re worked setlist to fit the band better. 

I've seen this band 5 times in Europe, all great gigs, and the only one that was noticeably worse was DL '18 (start of a run). Saying that, we havent been at '16 levels since that year and Axl clearly needs something different to raise his game because breaks of nothing obviously dont inspire him.

• Like 1