Do you see Velvet Revolver coming back at some point?

Ralphelmo

No VR without Scott. The legacy of that band should be left well alone IMO - it was good while it lasted.

Although It would be kinda ironic if they kept the VR name with a brand new singer - after all the negativity around Axl doing it with the GNR name

Edited by LA_0013

1 hour ago, LA_0013 said:

No VR without Scott. The legacy of that band should be left well alone IMO - it was good while it lasted.

Although It would be kinda ironic if they kept the VR name with a brand new singer - after all the negativity around Axl doing it with the GNR name

IMO there's a difference in replacing one member and keep the name or being the only member left and keeping the name

• Like 1

Don't think it'll ever happen as VR was possible due to Slash and Duff not being in GnR. Now that they're back, and not exactly young anymore, I don't see why they would wanna revive a band who's lead singer is dead, which will make it sound totally different and thus makes it pointless.

• Like 1

On 5.11.2018 at 7:23 PM, Ralphelmo said:

Now, with GNR reunion and Slash releasing new music with SMKC (this band is 8 years old now!), should we look forward to see something fresh on that matter

As long as GNR is happening, I say, no way. Slash either does the group, which is GNR or his own thing, which is MK + Conspirators. What would be the point to resurrect another band to juggle? Same for Duff.

• Like 1

Slash doesn't even want to talk about his days in VR now, says he'd rather forget the whole thing.

With another $100M in the bank he can stick with Myles and enjoy himself as top dog rather than have to play democratic with the other VR guys.

With Cornell gone I don't know of anyone I'd be bothered with in VR, although I really like the singer in Walking Papers. 

Velvet Revolver is probably my favorite rock band after Guns N' Roses. I adore the music, the members, the style, the attitude... everything! I like it way more than Slash's solo endeavors. But this is such a hard topic to discuss. 

Will they reconvene? No. Slash is in GNR now. I'd like him to channel his creative outputs into new music. Should they? No. Out of respect to Scott, they shouldn't. He's irreplaceable and the least I'd like to hear is someone cover his songs. We've seen Axl do it on Slither and it's not the best thing, but that's GNR so it's acceptable. In VR, not so much.

I've never seen Velvet Revolver live, that's why I have some kind of unfulfilled nostalgia. I'd like to see VR exist at least in some capacity - release demos with Corey Taylor or something. It's too great of an asset to let it die just like that. If anything, Slash should ditch SMKC for VR.

FUN FACT: I remember back in the day, circa 2012 when I was obsessed with VR. I always dreamed of them reuniting, interesting enough that was the time they were actively searching for new singer. Even years prior to that. Also at that time I used to listen to Sixx: A.M. (still do to this day) and whatever anyone of you might say - James Michael is the best rock singer nowadays. He simply kicks ass. He's got it all - the voice, the style, charisma... isn't like Myles. If anyone should ever try singing in some capacity, it should be him - at least just record the album without touring.

Oh nostalgia... my dear friend.

And I remember asking Matt Sorum on Twitter what he thinks of him. This was his response...

Edited by scooby845

No.

No No No.

Nobody cares. People didn't even care when Libertad came out, rightly or wrongly. VR was Contraband. VR was so of its time it's hard to explain. The last gasp of the old way.... Big hyped music video debut, crossover single, supergroup, platinum sales of physical discs. It died when it should have. 

Time for a new band.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Velvet Revolver is probably my favorite rock band after Guns N' Roses. I adore the music, the members, the style, the attitude... everything! I like it way more than Slash's solo endeavors. But this is such a hard topic to discuss. 

Will they reconvene? No. Slash is in GNR now. I'd like him to channel his creative outputs into new music. Should they? No. Out of respect to Scott, they shouldn't. He's irreplaceable and the least I'd like to hear is someone cover his songs. We've seen Axl do it on Slither and it's not the best thing, but that's GNR so it's acceptable. In VR, not so much.

I've never seen Velvet Revolver live, that's why I have some kind of unfulfilled nostalgia. I'd like to see VR exist at least in some capacity - release demos with Corey Taylor or something. It's too great of an asset to let it die just like that. If anything, Slash should ditch SMKC for VR.

FUN FACT: I remember back in the day, circa 2012 when I was obsessed with VR. I always dreamed of them reuniting, interesting enough that was the time they were actively searching for new singer. Even years prior to that. Also at that time I used to listen to Sixx: A.M. (still do to this day) and whatever anyone of you might say - James Michael is the best rock singer nowadays. He simply kicks ass. He's got it all - the voice, the style, charisma... isn't like Myles. If anyone should ever try singing in some capacity, it should be him - at least just record the album without touring.

Oh nostalgia... my dear friend.

And I remember asking Matt Sorum on Twitter what he thinks of him. This was his response...

Saw then in Aus in 05 and hands down one of the best concerts ive seen especially as it was in a small venue. Video footage wasnt released much online so going to a show you didnt know what to expect. They played majority of contraband, dome afd gins stuff and stp stuff. I agree with other bloggers they were almost the last of rock era bands. Vr was again to tour aus and they cancelled 3 times in 08, so i knew somethings were happening in the band.Slash should just concentrate on SKMC and guns.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Is that also the "Where's Izzy?" and the  "New album" Crystal Ball? 

lol Izzy’s doing voodoo magic himself, so crystal ball doesn’t work. :izzy:

It does for the „new album“ although I cannot tell. :P

Edited by Tori72

Velvet Revolver is gone forever.

Slash has Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators.  Duff can do his solo thing or Loaded.  Matt Sorum is playing with Geezer and Steve Stevens now.  Scott is RIP.  

No need to go there anymore.  Just enjoy the tunes they put out while they were there.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...