Do you see Velvet Revolver coming back at some point?

Ralphelmo

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I actually would like to see VR come back again, just because I'm a little bored with the reunion and no new music. Would be cool to see them revisit those songs, 10+ years later.

I agree its better to let that band die, but im always excited with SKMC. But slash needs to be driven more as i felt he was coasting with living the dream.

I do hope at some moment slash, Duff and even Matt say "fuck it. Lets do it". There are many, MANY good songs that deserve some live moments again.

I was listening to VR today, what a blast, song after song of great hard rock, beautiful riffs, great attitude.

It'd be difficult without Scott, he was a very charismatic frontman.

I think I'd even prefer a not-famous singer here, I remember something like 10 years ago when there were a lot of singers sending demo tapes...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, viruzzz said:

I do hope at some moment slash, Duff and even Matt say "fuck it. Lets do it". There are many, MANY good songs that deserve some live moments again.

I was listening to VR today, what a blast, song after song of great hard rock, beautiful riffs, great attitude.

It'd be difficult without Scott, he was a very charismatic frontman.

I think I'd even prefer a not-famous singer here, I remember something like 10 years ago when there were a lot of singers sending demo tapes...

I've been watching some of the live videos lately and I miss hearing some of those songs. Even if they just did a little reunion tour with a fill in singer, I would go see that. Of course then everyone would complain about how the new singer isn't as good as Scott or whatever but I think it would be cool to see. I always loved Dave in that band too (more than Fortus in GnR now). Remember back when there were rumors that Dave was going to be involved with the reunion? I kind of wish that had happened (if they weren't able to get Izzy or Gilby).

14 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I've been watching some of the live videos lately and I miss hearing some of those songs. Even if they just did a little reunion tour with a fill in singer, I would go see that. Of course then everyone would complain about how the new singer isn't as good as Scott or whatever but I think it would be cool to see. I always loved Dave in that band too (more than Fortus in GnR now). Remember back when there were rumors that Dave was going to be involved with the reunion? I kind of wish that had happened (if they weren't able to get Izzy or Gilby).

When i saw them in 05 when they  toured oz i didnt know what  to expect, they hadca certain attitude and would be top3 gigs ive seen. I really wish video on phones was around as there is nothing on youtube from the sydney show. Still crank contraband every now and then. That 04 time period, VR put rnr back on the map.

The moshpit when the band played "headspace" was something else. Good  times. 

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

When i saw them in 05 when they  toured oz i didnt know what  to expect, they hadca certain attitude and would be top3 gigs ive seen. I really wish video on phones was around as there is nothing on youtube from the sydney show. Still crank contraband every now and then. That 04 time period, VR put rnr back on the map.

Yeah there's a few proshots from that era but not much. From what I've seen those shows were absolutely electric.

16 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah there's a few proshots from that era but not much. From what I've seen those shows were absolutely electric.

Electric would be the appropriate word. The band was new, there was no video of jumping on youtube and following the band like we do with the NITL to get an inclination of what the current shows were like before you saw them.Scott had a real stage presence more so than myles.  The band just seemed to jump up a gear and i think that was down to scott. The band was new, the music was fresh and its a shame the bands chemistry went south. 

When i saw them they played the majority off contraband plus its so easy, used to love her and STP song "crackerman". It was such a good show i didnt want it to end. If they ever reformed i dont know who nowdays would have the presence of scott and be able to say no to slash if they dont agree with certain song structures if there was a chance of recording.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Electric would be the appropriate word. The band was new, there was no video of jumping on youtube and following the band like we do with the NITL to get an inclination of what the current shows were like before you saw them.Scott had a real stage presence more so than myles.  The band just seemed to jump up a gear and i think that was down to scott. The band was new, the music was fresh and its a shame the bands chemistry went south. 

When i saw them they played the majority off contraband plus its so easy, used to love her and STP song "crackerman". It was such a good show i didnt want it to end. If they ever reformed i dont know who nowdays would have the presence of scott and be able to say no to slash if they dont agree with certain song structures if there was a chance of recording.

I think they would have to get some young guy with a lot of energy, but Scott was very unique and unreplaceable, so it would be difficult with a different singer. But at this point in their lives I don't think Slash Duff and Matt want someone like Scott who is wild and unpredictable. That's why Myles works so well in SMKC.

The Corey Taylor collaboration would've been cool I think, or someone like M Shadows.

9 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think they would have to get some young guy with a lot of energy, but Scott was very unique and unreplaceable, so it would be difficult with a different singer. But at this point in their lives I don't think Slash Duff and Matt want someone like Scott who is wild and unpredictable. That's why Myles works so well in SMKC.

The Corey Taylor collaboration would've been cool I think, or someone like M Shadows.

Agree with the energy, even though Slash and Duff seem really young and energetic on GNR, when talking about Velvet Revolver they all looked so youthful.

You watch their live performances and they're all at their 100%. I loved that about the band.

Also that sensation of looking at the music channels and to find some good hard rock, don't get me wrong, I love 2000s alternative rock/metal, but these guys put some ol' hard rock on the map again. It was a great sensation. It is another music culture now, I see VR as the rock band of the 2000s.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, viruzzz said:

Agree with the energy, even though Slash and Duff seem really young and energetic on GNR, when talking about Velvet Revolver they all looked so youthful.

You watch their live performances and they're all at their 100%. I loved that about the band.

Also that sensation of looking at the music channels and to find some good hard rock, don't get me wrong, I love 2000s alternative rock/metal, but these guys put some ol' hard rock on the map again. It was a great sensation. It is another music culture now, I see VR as the rock band of the 2000s.

I personallt think VR put rnr back on the map again in 04. Also to a lesser extent audioslave.

9 hours ago, jamillos said:

If they do, they could employ Baz, now that Axl and Slash buried the hatchet, i.e. it wouldn't put Baz in an awkward position any more (risking that Axl could be pissed at him for playing with the cylinder man). That could be powerful. 

Nah he would make it sound too 80s hair metal.

23 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Between Slash and Duff's solo careers, and also them playing together in GNR now, there's probably less urgency to get VR going again.

You're right, which is a little unfortunate. I don't even really want a new VR album, just a run of shows here and there would be really cool.

nah even at STP, they can't replace Scott !! also they can't replace him at VR.......

Scott was such a great singer/songwriter, he was perfect for Slash and Duff at that time !

I would like that Slash played more VR, With SMKC, Myles does a great job on VR-songs, Axl not so IMO

Scott is the most talented singer, in Slash his career IMO 

2 hours ago, moreblack said:

Is it working?

That's an answer based on personal preference. Personally,  I am a huge STP fan and won't go anywhere near one of the current shows.

They seem more like a tribute band with 3 original members than anything.

Successfully replacing a singer is when it happens like Brian Johnson or Bruce Dickinson. When you put out an album, play one or two songs a night from it but really just rely on the material from your original singer, you didn't really successfully replace him. Someone is just playing his part.

5 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

That's an answer based on personal preference. Personally,  I am a huge STP fan and won't go anywhere near one of the current shows.

They seem more like a tribute band with 3 original members than anything.

Successfully replacing a singer is when it happens like Brian Johnson or Bruce Dickinson. When you put out an album, play one or two songs a night from it but really just rely on the material from your original singer, you didn't really successfully replace him. Someone is just playing his part.

But it's given them the option for STP to continue beyond Weiland. That's gotta be good for them.

Scott's irreplaceable.  VR is what came of Duff, Slash, and Matt trying to replace Axl. They got very lucky,  because Axl is also irreplaceable.  Someone said Axl could do it.  Yes, he's got enough charisma, but then it's GNR minus Izzy and Steven.  And isn't that what we'r all really want anyways: Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff,  and Steven on one stage in this lifetime?