Special Alert for GNR Fans!

Attention Gunners!  Target has very limited amounts of AFD on blue cassette!  This an in store item only, cannot be bought online (well not including eBay lol).  I have no idea how many are being made, will let you know when I find out.  Get yours before they are gone!!!  

You can see what it looks like here (I am not the seller):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Guns-N-Roses-Target-Blue-Cassette/223219041214?hash=item33f8e443be:g:ojkAAOSwPDVb4KZx:rk:29:pf:0

• Like 1

Im curious if people are buying new cassette decks though? When I listen to a tape on an older stereo the deck always runs slow, if it works at all. My home stereo is pretty good quality and well maintained but its still a bit wurbally sometimes.

I bought lots of cassettes 10 years ago. Started driving when I got my license. Dad's car only had a tape deck. Probably still have quite a few kicking around my parents house somewhere. 

Would probably buy 1 of these if we still had Target. They didn't last long in Canada unfortunately. 

I grew up with cassettes as a kid, got my first cd in 1993....Best thing about cassettes were the fact you could record actual "mix tapes" with what you want, until the late 90's everyone got into "burning" cd's. I had an older off-road vehicle that was built for riding trails in the early 2000's, and had a factory cassette deck in it, which I made use of, since a "cd" would either get scratched to pieces, or skip while hitting the trails. MP3 players/IPods hadn't quite caught on at that time either......but now.....with the use of streaming services such as Spotify, and the ability to use a fm-transmitter if need be in a vehicle.....I don't know why anyone would want to covert back to a cassette for any reason other than Nostalgia, plus, where will you even find a good playing cassette deck now-a-days? 

57 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Surprised that one worked when ever I ask if there is anything out the back in any store it's an immediate nope everything is  out! 

From my own experience stocking shelves back in the day, you gotta ask someone who is in the act of stocking, preferably in the department. Mostly because they’ll remember seeing it in the back. They’d love an excuse to take a walk to break up the monotony.

If they’re walking around from somewhere else in the store or in the process of running around for anything else it becomes an added task and they might give you that line.  

I stopped at 4 different Targets in my area after work today.  The first one had two in the back, had to ask the dude to get them for me.  Second had two in the back, but gave me some BS of not being able to find them, and to check back in a few days.  Pricks. 3rd Target had two in the back, I bought those. The guy working electronics called it "Appetite for Destiny" Haha 4th Target I checked had one left, so I was able to acquire 5 in less than 2 hours. Also grabbed some of the cool Jurassic Park toys. I probably have way too much time and money.  Somebody help me.

I'm going to check another Target Sunday afternoon. Each store seems to only stock two, so these are definitely limited. 

10 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I stopped at 4 different Targets in my area after work today.  The first one had two in the back, had to ask the dude to get them for me.  Second had two in the back, but gave me some BS of not being able to find them, and to check back in a few days.  Pricks. 3rd Target had two in the back, I bought those. The guy working electronics called it "Appetite for Destiny" Haha 4th Target I checked had one left, so I was able to acquire 5 in less than 2 hours. Also grabbed some of the cool Jurassic Park toys. I probably have way too much time and money.  Somebody help me.

I'm going to check another Target Sunday afternoon.

Why?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I'm going to check another Target Sunday afternoon. Each store seems to only stock two, so these are definitely limited. 

I have a hard time figuring out why anyone would want one of these, let alone five. Care to fill me in?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Gunnerfan_rus said:

If anyone would like to sell one of this not higher than 20$ then I'm interested!
Ebay's prices are too high for this kind of item and I hope that there are some people who would like to help a GN'R fan not from USA without cashing a lot :)
Thanks!

It's also available on emp. 16,99€