Special Alert for GNR Fans!

Pretty sure Appetite on cassette is worth about 50 cents.  Not even a joke. 

Ohhhh....but it's on colored plastic.  I get it.  Now I need one.  Shut up and take my money!!  Yeah right.

I've always understood the vinyl resurgence.  The bigger artwork, or even alternate art.  Colored vinyl variants were always cool.   But this bullshit....CASSETTES??   What the fuck man...they don't even LOOK cool.  And they sound like shit.

I guess nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I have a hard time figuring out why anyone would want one of these, let alone five. Care to fill me in?

Mostly the thrill of the hunt.  I'm going to try to get more.  I'll keep one or two for my personal collection along with my "Cover B" Chinese Democracy and autographed 8"x10" AFD members photograph. 

In a few years when they are more scarce, I'll consider trading or selling the others I have.

6 hours ago, GnRMisterE said:

Why?

Please see the above.

25 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I haven't been able to find it at any of the Targets in my city.

Not sure if you did this, but all of the Targets I went to didn't have them displayed.  They had them in the back, and employees had to hunt them down for me. 

Edited by Sweersa
  • Thanks 1

Lol, I get that cassettes have many disadvantages but what I don't get is why they're still my favorite way to listen to music xD (although I destroyed quite a few when I was a little kid). Is it nostalgia? Maybe. I'm a part pf the generation where most people haven't touched a cassette once in their lifetime. For me it's pretty normal though, that's a thing I have to thank my parents for. I have never listened to a vinyl unfortunately so I can't say anything about that. But I don't think they sound like shit? I actually enjoy the background noise.

I'd like to have one of those but the closest Target is in Italy. No, I won't go there just for that.

• Like 1

I bought one that I will never even open. This will be the last time that I buy Appetite. I don’t care what type of bs collectors edition they do in the future. Last time!

They are going to have to move on from Appetite soon.

Edited by Tourettes2400

7 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Not sure if you did this, but all of the Targets I went to didn't have them displayed.  They had them in the back, and employees had to hunt them down for me.

I'll try that; thanks.

1 hour ago, Tourettes2400 said:

This will be the last time that I buy Appetite. I don’t care what type of bs collectors edition they do in the future. Last time!

Famous last words.

18 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Pretty sure Appetite on cassette is worth about 50 cents.  Not even a joke. 

Ohhhh....but it's on colored plastic.  I get it.  Now I need one.  Shut up and take my money!!  Yeah right.

I've always understood the vinyl resurgence.  The bigger artwork, or even alternate art.  Colored vinyl variants were always cool.   But this bullshit....CASSETTES??   What the fuck man...they don't even LOOK cool.  And they sound like shit.

I guess nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

I’ll just scrounge around my junk drawer in the kitchen...

I’m sure I can find a blue Sharpie in there somewhere.  If not, I’ll ask the wifey to check the store room.

20 minutes ago, PhillyRose said:

What is the point of this? More wasted money on usless junk .. How many copies of AFD do you need in 40 years? lmfao

They're (GNR) just getting in on the cassette trend. As an avid vinyl collector, I just cannot understand the cassette thing but to each their own, I guess. The first time I heard AFD was on cassette but I wouldn't buy a reissue because of that. If anything, I'd want to track down that original copy just for sentimental value.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PhillyRose said:

What is the point of this? More wasted money on usless junk .. How many copies of AFD do you need in 40 years? lmfao

Far from wasted money.  Buy two of them, keep one if you wish for the collection, sell the other one on eBay for more than double what you paid.  In the end, you just used some time to get a cool collectible, or maybe even made a little money. 

50 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Far from wasted money.  Buy two of them, keep one if you wish for the collection, sell the other one on eBay for more than double what you paid.  In the end, you just used some time to get a cool collectible, or maybe even made a little money. 

Personally, I'm very against this type of thing, but to each their own I guess. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Yeah, sure, if you want to be a total jerk. 

"Ah, it's capitalism man, it's business, it's the real world, it's making money" etc etc.  Yeah, fuck that. I'm happy to be the sort of person to sell things to other fans for the price they cost. As a result fans have sold me things for the price they cost too. It's all about 'not being a cunt' I suppose....which is something I constantly try not to be. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, sure, if you want to be a total jerk. 

"Ah, it's capitalism man, it's business, it's the real world, it's making money" etc etc.  Yeah, fuck that. I'm happy to be the sort of person to sell things to other fans for the price they cost. As a result fans have sold me things for the price they cost too. It's all about 'not being a cunt' I suppose....which is something I constantly try not to be. 

I'm not forcing anyone to buy anything. I spent hours of my time, gas, and money acquiring the tapes, but even if they fell from the sky into my hands at no cost of effort on my part, people pay what they want to get what they want. It happens in just about every transaction in our developed world. 

Just like the guys who lucked out and came across boxes of the Chinese Democracy "Cover B" (red hand)  and sold them off for $$$ or more for each one. Some buyer had the money, and wanted to part for it for something cool and unusual for their collection.  I was one of those buyers, and love it displayed framed in my house.

34 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'm not forcing anyone to buy anything. I spent hours of my time, gas, and money acquiring the tapes, but even if they fell from the sky into my hands at no cost of effort on my part, people pay what they want to get what they want. It happens in just about every transaction in our developed world. 

Just like the guys who lucked out and came across boxes of the Chinese Democracy "Cover B" (red hand)  and sold them off for $$$ or more for each one. Some buyer had the money, and wanted to part for it for something cool and unusual for their collection.  I was one of those buyers, and love it displayed framed in my house.

You can't compare the red hand cover chinese democracy with a cassette that has been reissued til death..