Special Alert for GNR Fans!

3 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Exactly right...I've been collecting vinyl my whole life and used to be able to walk out of a record store with a dozen albums for $20...now you can barely get one for $20 because the hipsters have driven the prices through the roof and the bands caught on. 

ain't that the truth. When I was in high school you could get great condition albums of the biggest bands like the beatles and stones for like 7 bucks, now they are at least 30.

Though the plus side to the resurgence is that everything comes out on vinyl again including soundtracks, singles, etc. I wish it would have happened a little sooner though because some of my favorite local stores finally closed down when the economy was in the shitter in the mid 2000's and they would be doing great now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stiff Competition said:

ain't that the truth. When I was in high school you could get great condition albums of the biggest bands like the beatles and stones for like 7 bucks, now they are at least 30.

Though the plus side to the resurgence is that everything comes out on vinyl again including soundtracks, singles, etc. I wish it would have happened a little sooner though because some of my favorite local stores finally closed down when the economy was in the shitter in the mid 2000's and they would be doing great now.

That's the biggest plus side of it for me; there's so many things available on vinyl now that wouldn't have been prior to the start of the resurgence 9 or so years ago. Thankfully, I had most of all of the classic albums I wanted prior to that. Nowadays, if I over spend for vinyl it's totally self inflicted :lol:

• Like 1