Guns N' Roses Has Performed for More Than 5 Million Fans on Current Tour

Not in This Lifetime reunion tour with Slash and Duff McKagan continues to produce incredible figures in testimony of GNR's rarified place in rock and roll history.

The tour has made a little over 140 stops at arenas, stadiums and festivals around the world since kicking off in 2016. All those shows mean GNR has performed for some 5 million people over the last two years, reports Live Nation.

Earlier this summer, Guns N' Roses broke Metallica's record for concert attendance in Sweden and became the most-viewed band on YouTube to come out of the '80s or '90s.

The tour is coming to an end this December as the band takes its bows in cities in Asia and the Pacific.

After that, everybody but Slash will take a vacation, then the band is expected to consider putting some new music together.

GNR's most recent release was the Locked N' Loaded special edition box set to celebrate the 30th anniversary of its groundbreaking debut album, Appetite for Destruction, which rocketed back into the top 10 on the album charts this past summer.

The band's last new music release was 2008's Chinese Democracy, or what Slash has referred to as "Axl's album."

Edited by vloors

10 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Just think of the amount of people who've now heard Guns play The Seeker

Just yesterday I had a Facebook memory pop up from the time I saw them in Vegas and they did The Seeker for the first time. I was so pissed to be at such a "special" show :lol:

All the stats and numbers mean jack when you sing like shit. This just means 5mil people have been mugged off by Axl. I saw Guns in 2010 and 2012, when he could actually sing and had new material to promote. I haven't seen any of the NITL shows and have no interest in seeing Axl Rose screech like a tone deaf geriatric through the GNR catalogue.

Edited by Towelie

23 hours ago, donny said:

correction= 4.999.999 people. i went twice.

Lol not to be nit picky, but as a guy who works with numbers every day of his life I hate articles like this.  They assume every seat filled is by a unique person who has not attended nor has plans to attend any other show.  These kinds of articles are written by Communications majors! :lol:

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

All the stats and numbers mean jack when you sing like shit. This just means 5mil people have been mugged off by Axl. I saw Guns in 2010 and 2012, when he could actually sing and had new material to promote. I haven't seen any of the NITL shows and have no interest in seeing Axl Rose screech like a tone deaf geriatric through the GNR catalogue.

lol at 2012 being any better than now. Maybe the start of legs currently yes, but we all remember bridge school.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I saw him with Izzy in London and it was a far superior show vocally to any of the 2018 shows I've heard.

You haven't been to a show in 2018. I went nottingham '12 and it wasn't any better than Bordeaux '18. It was better than Donington, which again, was at the start of a leg.

16 hours ago, Towelie said:

Sorry but your opinion doesn't mean shit when you even refused to attend to a gig.

The Hanover concert in 2017 was probably the best gig I ever saw regardless of peoples opinion on Axl's voice who judge while watching periscope or lame youtube videos.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Sorry but your opinion doesn't mean shit when you even refused to attend to a gig.

The Hanover concert in 2017 was probably the best gig I ever saw regardless of peoples opinion on Axl's voice who judge while watching periscope or lame youtube videos.

Oh yes, I forgot Axl sounds magically different in person and the Youtube videos lie.