Guns N' Roses Has Performed for More Than 5 Million Fans on Current Tour

16 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Sorry but your opinion doesn't mean shit when you even refused to attend to a gig.

The Hanover concert in 2017 was probably the best gig I ever saw regardless of peoples opinion on Axl's voice who judge while watching periscope or lame youtube videos.

3 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Oh yes, I forgot Axl sounds magically different in person and the Youtube videos lie.

Don't fight. In the end you're both happy. One because he did go, the other because he didn't. 😋

I've stopped getting too much Involved in these discussions as they're useless. I've seen them on this tour many times now, and I've enjoyed every show. Countless others did too. In spite of all the Doomsday posts here, I've read many positive reviews.

Many people don't like it and that's alright, it's all subjectieve, but it's a bit silly to say these numbers don't mean a thing and 5 million people have been mugged. I saw nothing but happy faces at the shows. I think the percentage of people feeling mugged after seeing a +3 hours show is small. 

36 minutes ago, Lio said:

Don't fight. In the end you're both happy. One because he did go, the other because he didn't. 😋

I've stopped getting too much Involved in these discussions as they're useless. I've seen them on this tour many times now, and I've enjoyed every show. Countless others did too. In spite of all the Doomsday posts here, I've read many positive reviews.

Many people don't like it and that's alright, it's all subjectieve, but it's a bit silly to say these numbers don't mean a thing and 5 million people have been mugged. I saw nothing but happy faces at the shows. I think the percentage of people feeling mugged after seeing a +3 hours show is small. 

I'm sorry, but the whole YouTube thing is such a lame fucking argument. These fans act as if Axl's out of tune, out of time, painful vocals don't exist when you're actually there in person. They do, you're just too invested in having a good time to give an objective opinion about the quality of Axl's performance.

Edited by Towelie

8 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I'm sorry, but the whole YouTube thing is such a lame fucking argument. These fans act as if Axl's out of tune, out of time, painful vocals don't exist when you're actually there in person. They do, you're just too invested in having a good time to give an objective opinion about the quality of Axl's performance.

I haven't said anything about the YouTube thing. That's still a mystery to me :lol:

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

The phone/youtube clip argument is comically illogical: far poorer recording technology (than today's smart phones) rendered up superb vocals from Axl circa 2006 or for that matter Axl 1985-93 (your trusted analogue tape recorder) haha. Heck, Axl/DC youtube clips were recorded on the exact same technology as NITL clips! How does this same phone technology, unremarked upon during Axl/DC, suddenly become ''defective'' when rendering up shockingly bad vocals from NITL tour?

Phone camera footage uploaded onto Youtube can only be trusted if Axl sings passably well. The quality of the technology and even the humidity of the fucking venue are all called into question when he sounds bad.

Phones cameras cannot be trusted. I actually sing like Freddie Mercury, but when I record myself on my crappy iPhone camera, it makes me sound completely tone deaf. It's a very strange phenomenon.

Edited by Towelie
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

Yes - but it's the people who are at the shows who've paid their money - if they enjoy the show - what do you care?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Phones cameras cannot be trusted. I actually sing like Freddie Mercury, but when I record myself on my crappy iPhone camera, it makes me sound completely tone deaf. It's a very strange phenomenon.

Your voice is better than ever!! Don't worry about all these negative comments, they are just haters!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Phone camera footage uploaded onto Youtube can only be trusted if Axl sings passably well. The quality of the technology and even the humidity of the fucking venue are all called into question when he sounds bad.

This is the funniest shit I read all day. Thank you very much for this. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Towelie said:

It's not illogical. Will you argue that the energy, the atmosphere and the fun you'll experience on a live show can be transferred through a youtube video?

I don't say Axl sounds perfect live. He doesn't. But after all it's a rock n roll show with a lot of energy and there's more to enjoy than just Axl's vocals.    

And even that. We all know he has his problems with certain songs. But stop acting like he sounds awful on every track while praising the 2012 shows. The songs I like the most he managed to sing very well.

So yeah, definitely. The shows I went to were awesome shows IMO, and considering the reactions from people I talked to after the shows, I wasn't the only one feeling that way.

But it's easy to stay home and judging over something you weren't part of while 70K people who have watched the show have a different opinion.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

18 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

It's not illogical. Will you argue that the energy, the atmosphere and the fun you'll experience on a live show can be transferred through a youtube video?

I don't say Axl sounds perfect live. He doesn't. But after all it's a rock n roll show with a lot of energy and there's more to enjoy than just Axl's vocals.    

And even that. We all know he has his problems with certain songs. But stop acting like he sounds awful on every track while praising the 2012 shows. The songs I like the most he managed to sing very well.

So yeah, definitely. The shows I went to were awesome shows IMO, and considering the reactions from people I talked to after the shows, I wasn't the only one feeling that way.

But it's easy to stay home and judging over something you weren't part of while 70K people who have watched the show have a different opinion.

Well, if I'd have dropped $300+ on tickets, travel and accomodation, I would've likely been hellbent on making the most of it and having a great time as well. But me having a good time wouldn't change anything about the quality of Axl's vocals, which can fairly and objectively be assessed on a YouTube clip.

15 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Well, if I'd have dropped $300+ on tickets, travel and accomodation, I would've likely been hellbent on making the most of it and having a great time as well. But me having a good time wouldn't change anything about the quality of Axl's vocals, which can fairly and objectively be assessed on a YouTube clip.

So that explains why you're hellbent on saying how good 2012 was ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

Like I said, he delivered on the songs that were important to me most of all a GNR concert is more than just Axl to me. 

On 08/11/2018 at 5:09 PM, AxlIsGod. said:

lol at 2012 being any better than now. Maybe the start of legs currently yes, but we all remember bridge school.

Yeh, bridge school was shit, and if sure there was a handful of other shit gigs... But the actual tour was pretty consistent. He sang as well as he did on the first leg of the NITL tour almost every night.. 

38 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeh, bridge school was shit, and if sure there was a handful of other shit gigs... But the actual tour was pretty consistent. He sang as well as he did on the first leg of the NITL tour almost every night.. 

After watching AFDem and London Show from 2012 I don't agree at all. 2016 Axl was much better. He looked much better and sang much better. For Example Nightrain sounded weak in 2012 and sounded amazing in 2016.. 
2012 can be compared with 2017-Now (and still I don't see 2012 winning) but not with 2016

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Yeah, no. 2012 was the other way round. Odd standout gig (philly, other bits of the UCAP tour) but mostly mickey and weaker than NITL. And we got bridge school to top it all off.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sl4yer said:

After watching AFDem and London Show from 2012 I don't agree at all. 2016 Axl was much better. He looked much better and sang much better. For Example Nightrain sounded weak in 2012 and sounded amazing in 2016.. 
2012 can be compared with 2017-Now (and still I don't see 2012 winning) but not with 2016

I don't agree. I think the benefit of Old members gave him a buy through more so than 2012.

London wasn't a particularly good show, in fact most of the pro shots from that year were not the stand out shows unfortunately... We all know how Axl us when there's cameras!