Malibu orders evacuation due to fire

TheSeeker

18 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

it looks like Axl now has something in common with trump, someone should take his phone away from him too! 

I’ve  always respected the fact Axl didn’t get too involved with politics, but now wtf man. You don’t like trump, that’s cool, but why do you need to tell everyone? What everyone wants to hear from you, you refuse to give them..... new music

Because Axl is right! Trumps a jerk and if people dont get it by now, everyone who gets it needs to stand up and say something. The world is beyond laughing at this point

What kind of GNR fan rags on Axl Rose for speaking his mind? Did you guys learn nothing from the UYI rants?? Looks like I'm going to have to assign some remedial viewing as homework tonight. Ignore it, dispute it.... don't tell him to shut up.

I dedicate this political firestorm tweet...

... to the people that tell you what you can say and what you can’t say. 
I personally don’t need that.

I don’t need that shit in my life.

Those are the kind of people that have been getting me down.
They make me feel like somebody, somebody out there....

....is Ouuuuuuut Ta Get Meeeeeee!!!!!”

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Ant said:

I dedicate this political firestorm tweet...

... to the people that tell you what you can say and what you can’t say. 
I personally don’t need that.

I don’t need that shit in my life.

But he can tell people who to vote for and insult people who act on their free will just because he is Axl Rose? :lol:

Thats why he comes off as disingenuous... he preaches too much and he's just the same as those he criticizes.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

JFC, people are even making the fire a political thing :facepalm:. People are losing their homes to something they have no control over and people are looking for someone to blame. I'm not talking about anyone on this board, ofc. 

Wasn't it Trump, who started to throw the blame around? At a time which is the absolute worst to throw any blame?

• Like 1

On 11.11.2018 at 12:26 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Why is Del getting his knickers in a twist then?

It is the poor people I get concerned about in situations like this, not the millionaires.

I get the sentiment and in a way a agree (especially when these millionaires get on their IGs asking people to donate, if the wealthy community of Malibu/Hollywood/L.A. gets together, they could sort things out for anyone not that wealthy), but just imagine your house burning down. Even if you would have the funds to replace everything, it's a pain in the ass and there are things no money in the world will bring back.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

What’s really happening here is that we elected the guy who doesn’t need the media or the political establishment to make things happen and it scares people who depend on politics as a career.  It’s weird to see so many people believing this fake hysteria peddled by the media and career politicians.   

To me, it's weird how Trump supporters are so against PC, "participation" trophies,  calling people snowflakes, etc. Yet, when you say anything remotely bad about Trump, the Trump supporters gets so defensive and angry. They want freedom of speech, but are easily offended by kneeling or if something is said about them. I find that there is so much irony and hypocrisy with Trump supporters.

• Like 2

Axl by no means was as vocal about politics in the past as he has been recently, but he didn't appear to be uninterested either.

It's not only Civil War and other songs with social comment insinuations. In 1992, he would comment onstage on the elections of that year and the candidates. For example, at the show in Indianapolis:

[Axl] referred to Indiana as a state that produces corn and drugs and is overrun by Japanese car factories. He blasted Indiana for being the conservative, backward state that sent Dan Quayle to the vice presidential office. [Source: Journal and Courier, July 24, 1992]

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SheldonR311 said:

Fred Dursts house burned down in the fires, I wonder how many other celebrities have been affected, not to take away from the tragedy that anyone else is suffering :-(

Gerard Butler's house got burnt down as well as Kelsey Grammar's ex wife Camille's and a soap opera star on Y&R. I'm sure there is more.  :(

26 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Axl by no means was as vocal about politics in the past as he has been recently, but he didn't appear to be disinterested either.

It's not only Civil War and other songs with social comment insinuations. In 1992, he would comment onstage on the elections of that year and the candidates. For example, at the Indianapolis 1992 show:

[Axl] referred to Indiana as a state that produces corn and drugs and is overrun by Japanese car factories. He blasted Indiana for being the conservative, backward state that sent Dan Quayle to the vice presidential office. [Source: Journal and Courier, July 24, 1992]

Interesant....