Dave Grohl: I want to play drums with AC/DC

Sosso

On 11/16/2018 at 7:15 PM, Len Cnut said:

That song references the movie Harder They Come throughout, you should check it out if you haven’t, its really good as is the soundtrack.

Been looking for it, so far only found this trailer. It looks great. Starring Jimmy Cliff!?! And that brings it full circle when he covered Guns of Brixton, I guess?

21 minutes ago, soon said:

Been looking for it, so far only found this trailer. It looks great. Starring Jimmy Cliff!?! And that brings it full circle when he covered Guns of Brixton, I guess?

Thats the first part, the other 3 are on the site.  It might be a little difficult to understand initially if you're not up on your Jamaican patois but you'll get it.  Its actually the first feature length Jamaican movie and probably the most famous and classic of all time too.  And the soundtrack too is like a titan amongst reggae albums.  production values ain't amazing but its still a great film, it was often lumped in on like blaxploitation double bills. 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, janrichmond said:

@Len Cnut saw that film many years ago. It's a good un

It was sort of a big deal in England and Jamaica and...well, anywhere with a Jamaican community.  It had a really lengthy run in London in various little cinemas, released in 72 you could find it years afterwards.  The soundtrack is too fuckin' good too, 007 Shanty Town is one of the first songs I ever learned to play on guitar.

• Like 1