Anyone see this Blizzard/Diablo "Immortal" debacle?? Best Disaster EVER

DeadSlash

I've never seen a reaction to a game this brutal.

I'm a fan of the Diablo universe, but not nutty for it, so I wasn't following tweets and livestreams, but last week, at Blizzards big "Blizzcon" event, they marched out the Lead Developer of Diablo for what the world thought was going to be an announcement of Diablo 4 or Diablo 2 redux/remaster.

What they got was "There is a new Diablo game <crowd roars!> For iOS and Android!" <silence>  It eventually led to booing as it was revealed that Blizzard was not making anything for the PC or console, this was a mobile exclusive.

It spawned 2 new meme sensations as people started asking questions, one of them was "So is there going to be a PC version, or is this phone only, forever?"  The lead dev confirmed it was mobile only and the crowd was booing full force and the dev yelled "Do you people not have phones?" and it is now internet/meme legend.

The second less popular meme sensation also came from the Q and A where a disgusted fan asks "Is this an out of season April Fool's joke?"

The official trailer on Ytube is being looked at because of dislikes, and there was apparent widespread deletion of people being critical, and that only made it bigger.  At this point the deletions appeared to have stopped, and the current official trailer has amassed 22k likes vs 579,000+ DISLIKES

The company lost millions in stocks, it's a shit show unlike any the gaming world has ever seen before.  This makes the Star Wars loot box fiasco look like childs play.

The Legendary "What do you people not have phones?" Line

Edited by DeadSlash
  • Haha 2

Honestly used love Blizzard games, but they ruined Warcraft for me when they turned it into a Diablo style system with endless different difficulties and boring grinding for random drops.

It was still a pretty great game most of the way through Mists, until they introduced Flex a 4th difficulty. It was enough grinding gear on at least Normal/Heroic (before they made Flex which was eventually renamed Normal, renamed normal as heroic, then created Mythic which was basically just Heroic). 

Playing the same content over and over again was not new content and very repetitive when you want to clear (Mythic) early on. The original introduction of LFR had already made pugs for example a nightmare, because people don't learn the mechanics of a boss in LFR when they can just ignore everything. It bred people who were awful at the games in large numbers.

Then they Diablo fied things even more and balanced the expansions around Legendary drops (which had to be made easier for everyone to get). The expansions/patches last time I was playing in WOD had less and less content each time, with rising subscription costs.

At least Starcraft is fine.

As for Diablo itself, millions will buy it once IV is eventually made/released even though there'll probably only be like 3 small areas on 17 different difficulties in it. They'll probably force people to buy half the classes separately too. Wizard as £15 DLC.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I dont quite understand it all. Isnt an actual Diablo 4 in development? Did the crowd think that's what they were talking about, then got mad when it wasnt

Diablo 4 is unconfirmed, there are rumored to be "multiple Diablo projects in the works" and the 2 rumors people are most excited about are the possibility of Diablo 4, and a Diablo 2 remaster.  There was no rumor (or demand/interest) for a mobile Diablo game.  The anticipation was that Blizzard would officially announce Diablo 4 or the D2 Redux at Blizzcon.

15 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

Honestly used love Blizzard games, but they ruined Warcraft for me when they turned it into a Diablo style system with endless different difficulties and boring grinding for random drops.

It was still a pretty great game most of the way through Mists, until they introduced Flex a 4th difficulty. It was enough grinding gear on at least Normal/Heroic (before they made Flex which was eventually renamed Normal, renamed normal as heroic, then created Mythic which was basically just Heroic). 

Playing the same content over and over again was not new content and very repetitive when you want to clear (Mythic) early on. The original introduction of LFR had already made pugs for example a nightmare, because people don't learn the mechanics of a boss in LFR when they can just ignore everything. It bred people who were awful at the games in large numbers.

Then they Diablo fied things even more and balanced the expansions around Legendary drops (which had to be made easier for everyone to get). The expansions/patches last time I was playing in WOD had less and less content each time, with rising subscription costs.

At least Starcraft is fine.

As for Diablo itself, millions will buy it once IV is eventually made/released even though there'll probably only be like 3 small areas on 17 different difficulties in it. They'll probably force people to buy half the classes separately too. Wizard as £15 DLC.

I think that 95%of the people who have quit Diablo and WC in protest of the mobile Diablo would pretend it never happened if Diablo 4 was released.

Did you play D3 at launch?  I played steady for a while, left and came back a few times.  Currently not playing.  I sold gold for real money when the AH was closed, 10m gold was going for like $115 or some shit.  Sold a weapon for $75, the day after the AH closed, the patch made the Weapon literally worthless, and you could make 1Billion gold in the time it took to make just 10 million pre-patch.  It was just free money from suckers.  I still have a balance with Blizz. 

• 2 weeks later...